“Don't take a 1st floor room at full price!”
Review of O'Shea's Hotel

O'Shea's Hotel
Ranked #86 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I booked online in hopes that the photo would match the room. Nope! It was terribly small and the bathroom was terrible. The view was awful as it was over the roof line and other rooms looking straight into mine. I decided to skip the shower altogether because it was so nasty looking.
But, it is what it is. A small room in a central part of Dublin. On the upside, I did want a pub experience and I got one. Music and crowds downstairs and it was a nice way to end the trip by drinking few beers and listening to Irish Music. The crowds left around 1am and I was able to get a little sleep before the traffic noises woke me. Would I stay again? Yes, but I would haggle with them over the price. I paid 90 Euro. I met a lovely fellow in the bar who bought me a cider and told me he paid 30 Euro for a large room and enormous bathroom with a nice view.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor room. Don't settle for first floor unless you get it at at rock bottom prices...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for O'Shea's Hotel

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights while on a 4 night weekend in the Republic going to see Horse Racing.
We managed to get a twin room including a full Irish breakfast at a bargain price of 70 Euro per night. We had a corner room overlooking the Liffey and on the 2 nights that we were there the entertainment in house was good enough to keep us in the bar all night. The staff were all friendly and the black stuff was to die for.
The room was adequate, the power shower wonderful with plenty of nice towels and there was a tea/ coffee tray. A nice touch was the FREE safe in the room.
I would have no hesitation in staying here again and will definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Oh, where to start? What a dump. Hotel room yuck. Someone else's body order rose from the sheets and duvet. Restaurant? I suggested my friend get a tetanus shot after sitting in her ratty chair. Pay a bit more and stay somewhere decent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank irishrunning
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have had three different experiences here, three different years. One for lunch it was ok nothing great my chicken was not cooked enough for me but I am picky. Another time I was here during a match and the hotel was booked a man that worked there was nice enough to ring a friend who had rooms at her flat for rent. That was cool. My last experience was terrible. Traveling alone in Dublin I went in for a pint while it was raining I decided to stay the night. I met several different people there, a hen party was going on from Australia and they where all very nice. After many pints I decided to go up to my room. I had met a fella and took him up with me. We were kick'n back talking and there was a knock on my door. A man had my hotel bill in his hand and said I had only paid for one. I was in shock, I had never experienced such a thing nor did I plan for this guy to stay the night. I was on holiday having a good time. I have traveled around Ireland many times and never in my life run into such rudeness, imagine if we hadn't been just talking and had been shagging. I felt like my dad had caught us and I am in my 30's! He left with my guest and I went to bed. The positive thing about this was I saw a picture I had taken of him later and obviously I had beer goggles on. Best part was sleeping with window open and hearing the rain. The hotel is basic nothing special.

Room Tip: Sleep on top floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank C K
Reviewed May 16, 2013

For a one night stay while on a quick tour of Ireland, this property was decent. It does have character, but the rooms are in need of renovations. The pub on the main floor was lively, and the food service was acceptable. The live entertainment wound down relatively early, so it was possible to get a few hours of sleep.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 14, 2013

O'sheas is an older hotel, lots of character but not ideal iif you are a light sleeper. Our room was literally on top of the pub, which for my husband was no problem..I am a light sleeper so wasn't ideal for me. Property is older, but clean and full of character.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor to get away from the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Stayed here one night in May. It was a Friday night and I would suggest its probably not the best choice for a restful nights sleep. A lot of noise from the bar downstairs to the early hours (and I was briefly woken by a female fellow guest screeching like a banshee in the night). But then you could always join the party as this is what O'Shea's is famous for.
I found the staff efficient and friendly and the standard of the room in line with the budget price.

Excellent location with easy access to all the sites and the airport 747 service stops just outside.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible if you want a quieter nights sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo