“Lovely hotel in a nice location”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

Just come back from a weekend at this hotel. We were here for the Six Nations weekend. The hotel rooms are very spacious and very clean. Although a 20 min walk from the centre, the location is good near the theatre and there are some nice restaurants near by including the Ely bar. The staff ay the hotel were also very friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear RoundtheworldDanni,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed you’re your time with us. I hope you enjoyed the match and atmosphere around Dublin that weekend also. The team and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next venture to Dublin.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Maldron Cardiff Lane is one of a chain of hotels, with according to their website 13 locations. Primarily in Ireland but with one in Cardiff, Wales.

I must say I was impressed. This is a well appointed hotel with all modern amenities including: en-suite spacious rooms, with somewhat unusually, at least in my experience, 1 double and 1 single bed in each room (I got the double!), Trouser press and Irons in each room, TV with (I believe, couldn’t get it to work myself) movies, Free Wi-Fi in all areas, computer centre, phone charging ports in secure “safety deposit” type boxes, a Spa, as well as the usual restaurant and bar.

I was very happy with the atmosphere, cleanliness and design of the areas I visited, these being my room (239 if memory serves), the bar and restaurant. I didn't make it to the Spa although travelling companions said the pool and Spa was very nice.

The only meals I took there was the breakfast, this served in a self serve buffet style but with a good selection including: Scrambled eggs, black & white Pudding, bacon, sausage, beans, toast, cereals, fruit, tea, coffee and fruit juices. Very nice it was too, although finding a strawberry jam sachet there was like trying to find the Leprechaun’s pot of gold!

The staff I came into contact with were friendly, courteous and extremely helpful.

The rooms were, as I said well appointed and spacious with one aspect I noticed,THE most effective curtains for cutting out the external light, some other hotels I have visited appearing to believe gossamer is a good material for window coverings! This positive more than once causing me to attempt (and not always succeed in landing) the triple salchow with splits as I ventured from my bed to the ablutions of an early hour whilst trying not to wake my brother in the bed in between. Not fun after a few sherbets as they say!

The Beds were on the firmer side but comfortable and the pillows bigger than the wafers supplied by some hotels.

All in all a Hotel and chain, based on this experience, I would be very happy to visit again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheHighlanderCymru

Dear TheHighlanderCymru,

I was truly delighted reading your feedback from your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful that your stay was a success and the team here was able to make it a memorable experience. Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with me and please be assured I will pass on your lovely feedback to the team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights to savour the delights of Dublin with friends and watch Ireland vs Wales in the 6 Nations rugby. The staff both at reception and restaurant were exceptionally friendly, efficient and very hard working. Special praise to the male staff member dressed in suit who both greeted us on our arrival and was responsible for finding us a seat for breakfast each day (sorry but forgot his name). The rooms were spacious and well equipped. Only one minor downside was the poor shower which was affixed to the wall and was more a dribble than a shower. The hotel was well located in Dublin and the reception area had plenty of leaflets / maps of things to do and see. As a result of one of their leaflets we spent several enjoyable hours at the Guinness Brewery in St James' Gate. Would definitely go back to this hotel and treat my wife to the delights of Dublin as opposed to this rugby trip which consisted of many pints of wonderful Guinness despite a poor display by the Welsh rugby team ( Congratulations to the Irish team who were magnificent ).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear twoampuk,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay and that you got to soak in some of the sights in Dublin. It is fantastic that you and your guests enjoyed the wonderful atmosphere of the rugby weekend and that the staff here treated you well. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the shower and please be assured I will pass this onto maintenance and the accommodation team. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane on your next trip to Dublin.

Conor O’Kane

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Stayed at the Maldron for two nights. Staff were very friendly and helpful at all stages of the stay. It's a handy location for business in that part of town (Google offices for example), but a brisk 20 minute walk to the busier parts of the city.

The wifi is very fast and the inclusive leisure facilities are good, though the pool was a little cold.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Nick R,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that the staff were friendly and helpful to you. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed Club Vitae and that the hotel was able to cater for your business needs. Please be assured I will pass on your feedback regarding the temperature to the team in Club Vitae and it will be utilized fully. We all hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Was at the Maldron Cardiff Lane Dublin for a few days and was very happy with the service that was given. It really made a difference to the stay when the staff give you all the attention that you want. It was a very nice hotel and it was very good value. Thank you to all the staff. I hope to return some day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Kingdomlady,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding our team. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to them. We hope we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for three nights on a rugby trip and would definitely come back ! Superb staff great facilities and a wonderful brekki . Martin the assistant manager could not do enough for us and was a brilliant ambassador for the hotel ! Well done guys

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Imcjaxx,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your time with us, that the staff looked after you well and the breakfast offering was satisfactory. I will pass on your warming feedback to Martin, the kitchen team and all the staff here. We all hope we can welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the near future.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

In Dublin for the Wales v Ireland international, lots of Welsh supporters staying in the hotel. Despite being very busy the staff were all efficient, friendly and helpful. I stay in lots of hotels and I think was the most welcoming hotel I've been to in a long time.

Martin, on duty at the breakfast buffet, was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is available all morning for €10/person, which is very accommodating and excellent value.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Torphins Tim,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I hope you enjoyed the thrilling match last weekend. It is wonderful to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the staff was friendly and helpful and made you feel welcome. I assure you, your wonderful feedback will be passed on to Martin and the team. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next venture to Dublin.