4,700 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed January 6, 2014

If you are going to anything in the Bord Gais Energy Theater this hotel could not be any more convenient!
We stayed here when going to see Wicked at the weekend and it was great.
The free use of the pool sauna steam room and jacuzzi was a nice plus its so rare that a hotel in ireland would have a pool.
Breakfast was fine pretty standard full Irish with loads of choice.
Would highly recommend this place as proximity to the Theater and competitive rate is what won me over

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Julie2013_13,

Thank you for giving feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to hear you and your guest enjoyed your stay and I hope the show was a success. It is wonderful you got to make use of all the facilities we have on offer here. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to the theatre.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Maldron Hotel is perfect for families as it has the pool facility and also great breakfast.
The staff are very helpful and have takeaway menus at reception to help keep costs down.It is super location for The Gasworks Theatre and Aviva and O2 concerts

The televisions are very old-fashioned and you cannot rent family movies in the room, that is my only negative with a family

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear eileen h,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and found the team here to be helpful and friendly. You will be happy to hear we are changing all the older TV sets to modern flat screens over the coming months and your feedback regarding family movies will be considered when updating the system. We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here over the weekend of 9th November 2013. Absolute must of a hotel if going to the O2, and only a 20 minute walk into the city centre.

All I can say is we were treated fantastically by all staff, who whilst busy were courteous and friendly at all times. Room was great, clean (which is a must for me) massive big bed, bar was lovely, breakfast super.

To my discredit I can't remember the names of the staff (to include reception, bar staff, restaurant staff, breakfast staff) who were on duty over Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th November 2013. If you can it would be well deserved to let them know that they are doing a great job and are appreciated.

Would not hesitate to stay here again and have recommended you to family and friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Ciaran F,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us in November. Of course I would be more then happy to ensure the staff on those dates receives your warming comments. We all hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next venture to Dublin.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

A very good experience overall: it was nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. Restaurant a bit pricey (two large bottles of water alongside the meal cost 10e!).

Breakfast (10 e) was very nice, and the room service surprisingly delivered us pizzas on New Year's Day that were among the Top 3 we had ever had. We didn't try the spa or gym, but from what we heard it was excellent.

Wi-Fi was quite unreliable, and could not handle streaming video at all. TV was last-century and small, and had some problems with static. The plumbing in the bathrooms was not as good as back home in Finland, but satisfactory.

Room Tip: Non-smokers remember to book a non-smoker room if you don't like the smell of cigarettes.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santeri L

Dear Santeri L,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you and guest enjoyed your stay here with us. You will be happy to hear that we are replacing all the old TV sets in the first few months of this year. I do apologize for the wifi and plumbing and please be assured it will be investigated. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights over New Year. Never experienced staff who were more helpful both in an emergency, and generally. Nothing was too much trouble. Reception staff were all accommodating, nothing was a bother. The support my friend received (she was admitted to A&E) was second to none. Food was good, location was ten minutes walk from the centre of town, and the service/support we had from Martin the night Manager was superb.

I would go back to this hotel again and again when I visit Dublin, and will be recommending it to friends also.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dianne C,

I would like to sincerely thank you for commenting on your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful you and your friends enjoyed ringing in the New Year with us in Dublin. I hope your friend has recuperated and is feeling well again. I will pass on all your wonderful feedback to Martin and the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.