4,699 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A very good experience overall: it was nice and clean, and the staff was friendly. Restaurant a bit pricey (two large bottles of water alongside the meal cost 10e!).

Breakfast (10 e) was very nice, and the room service surprisingly delivered us pizzas on New Year's Day that were among the Top 3 we had ever had. We didn't try the spa or gym, but from what we heard it was excellent.

Wi-Fi was quite unreliable, and could not handle streaming video at all. TV was last-century and small, and had some problems with static. The plumbing in the bathrooms was not as good as back home in Finland, but satisfactory.

Room Tip: Non-smokers remember to book a non-smoker room if you don't like the smell of cigarettes.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Santeri L
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Santeri L,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent experience at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you and guest enjoyed your stay here with us. You will be happy to hear that we are replacing all the old TV sets in the first few months of this year. I do apologize for the wifi and plumbing and please be assured it will be investigated. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for two nights over New Year. Never experienced staff who were more helpful both in an emergency, and generally. Nothing was too much trouble. Reception staff were all accommodating, nothing was a bother. The support my friend received (she was admitted to A&E) was second to none. Food was good, location was ten minutes walk from the centre of town, and the service/support we had from Martin the night Manager was superb.

I would go back to this hotel again and again when I visit Dublin, and will be recommending it to friends also.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dianne C,

I would like to sincerely thank you for commenting on your stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful you and your friends enjoyed ringing in the New Year with us in Dublin. I hope your friend has recuperated and is feeling well again. I will pass on all your wonderful feedback to Martin and the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Maldron with 5 friends from the UK for 2 nights to bring in the New Year. Sadly, one of the party became ill and had to be hospitalised and the assistant manager, Martin went beyond the call of duty to offer support and help. The hotel facilities were excellent and all staff from the hotel reception, spa reception staff to the restaurant staff were efficient and very friendly. We ate breakfast and had dinner one evening and we were all thoroughly spoilt by the staff who could not do enough to make our break enjoyable, bearing in mind our friend was unwell. Thanks to the Maldron staff we all had a wonderful New Year and to this end I would definitely have no hesitation visiting the Maldron in the future and highly recommending the hotel to friends and family. Thank you to everybody at the Maldron for making our short stay so enjoyable and thank you for the support to my friend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Judith W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope your friend is feeling much better now. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to Martin and the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's New Year's Eve and staying at the above hotel for the big 2014 Countdown Concert.
I looked at many hotels before I came across the Maldron with it's leisure facilities. The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the centre of Dublin. If you catch a taxi they are parked right outside the hotel and charge between seven to ten Euros each way to the centre.

From the outside of the hotel is doesn't look that special. I take it back, as I walked in it was like going into a different hotel. The main reception was spacious and posh. There were about three receptionists working on the desk and check-in took a matter of minutes.

We stayed on the fifth floor and the corridors were wide and fresh. Stepping into the room took your breath away. Three wardrobes and two dressing tables... goodness me. Forgot to mention the King size bed, double settee and armchair. What a room with patio doors as a bonus. "Beauty at its best," are the words that I would describe our bedroom.

Later on we went for a drink in the bar and the décor in there is magic. From round shaped mirrors hanging from the ceiling to waves on the wall and comfortable soft chairs. There was also an upstairs that partly overlooked the lower bar.

When we got back from the 2014 Countdown Concert there was a live singer, who sang into the early hours.

The Leisure facilities were excellent. A good sized swimming pool and also a children's pool.
Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room and gym. Clean and fresh in the water and out...CCTV was also in operation around the swimming pool.

Four word, "GET ME BACK THERE."

A big, big thank you to all the staff at the Maldron

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet T

Dear Janet T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It was an absolute delight to read your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so happy you and your guests enjoyed all we have to offer here at the hotel. Please be assured I will pass on these wonderful comments to all the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next venture to Dublin.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got a family room B&B on New Years Eve for a bargain. We loved it. Had dinner there and the staff were so friendly. The hotel is just outside city centre which is ideal and has a car park across the road. Family room had double bed and two singles which was great for us. Swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room were lovely. Buffet breakfast. Lovely atmosphere in hotel.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Harleylass,

I would like to sincerely thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful that you and your family enjoyed ringing in the new year with us. Please be assured I will pass on your lovely feedback to all the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.