4,690 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at the Maldron with 5 friends from the UK for 2 nights to bring in the New Year. Sadly, one of the party became ill and had to be hospitalised and the assistant manager, Martin went beyond the call of duty to offer support and help. The hotel facilities were excellent and all staff from the hotel reception, spa reception staff to the restaurant staff were efficient and very friendly. We ate breakfast and had dinner one evening and we were all thoroughly spoilt by the staff who could not do enough to make our break enjoyable, bearing in mind our friend was unwell. Thanks to the Maldron staff we all had a wonderful New Year and to this end I would definitely have no hesitation visiting the Maldron in the future and highly recommending the hotel to friends and family. Thank you to everybody at the Maldron for making our short stay so enjoyable and thank you for the support to my friend.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Judith W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope your friend is feeling much better now. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to Martin and the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's New Year's Eve and staying at the above hotel for the big 2014 Countdown Concert.
I looked at many hotels before I came across the Maldron with it's leisure facilities. The hotel is about ten minutes walk from the centre of Dublin. If you catch a taxi they are parked right outside the hotel and charge between seven to ten Euros each way to the centre.

From the outside of the hotel is doesn't look that special. I take it back, as I walked in it was like going into a different hotel. The main reception was spacious and posh. There were about three receptionists working on the desk and check-in took a matter of minutes.

We stayed on the fifth floor and the corridors were wide and fresh. Stepping into the room took your breath away. Three wardrobes and two dressing tables... goodness me. Forgot to mention the King size bed, double settee and armchair. What a room with patio doors as a bonus. "Beauty at its best," are the words that I would describe our bedroom.

Later on we went for a drink in the bar and the décor in there is magic. From round shaped mirrors hanging from the ceiling to waves on the wall and comfortable soft chairs. There was also an upstairs that partly overlooked the lower bar.

When we got back from the 2014 Countdown Concert there was a live singer, who sang into the early hours.

The Leisure facilities were excellent. A good sized swimming pool and also a children's pool.
Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam room and gym. Clean and fresh in the water and out...CCTV was also in operation around the swimming pool.

Four word, "GET ME BACK THERE."

A big, big thank you to all the staff at the Maldron

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janet T

Dear Janet T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It was an absolute delight to read your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am so happy you and your guests enjoyed all we have to offer here at the hotel. Please be assured I will pass on these wonderful comments to all the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next venture to Dublin.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We got a family room B&B on New Years Eve for a bargain. We loved it. Had dinner there and the staff were so friendly. The hotel is just outside city centre which is ideal and has a car park across the road. Family room had double bed and two singles which was great for us. Swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room were lovely. Buffet breakfast. Lovely atmosphere in hotel.

Will definitely go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Harleylass,

I would like to sincerely thank you for commenting on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful that you and your family enjoyed ringing in the new year with us. Please be assured I will pass on your lovely feedback to all the team here. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

The stay at Cardiff Lane was chosen due to its location to the theatre. It was extremely handy. Check-in was smooth and our room on the fifth floor was good. The room seemed fresh and new apart from the shower head which seemed to be broken although you could still shower and the bed was very hard. Breakfast was of a good standard and our evening meal on New Year's Eve was lovely. The leisure facilities were great and the staff there very pleasant and helpful. The only down side really was the checking out. There were too many people and not enough staff which meant queues and no one knew where to stand. Also we asked them to order us a taxi but was left wondering which taxi was ours!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth4872

Dear Elizabeth2872,

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that your stay with us was a success. I apologise for the inconvenience on check out and with the taxi, please be assured this is not our usual standard of customer care and for this I am truly sorry. I am delighted that you made use of the facilities we have on offer and I will pass on your warming comments to all the team here. I hope we can welcome you back to the hotel on your next trip to the theatre.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here for two nights over new year, having availed of a deal with Supervalu Getaway Breaks. This was great value for money, and I would not hesitate to stay in the Maldron again if using this deal.
The hotel is well located - the main sights in the city are within walking distance, as are Pearse St, Tara St, and Connolly train stations, which is very handy. As long as you're willing to walk a short distance, you'll have no problem getting around Town!
I would say that the covers in the room were in need of replacement by now - one of the towels and pillowcases in the room had small holes in them, and the decorative covers put at the foot of the bed were stained.
Breakfast was very good - all was fresh and very tasty. There was a great selection on offer, and staff in the restaurant were friendly.
The stairwell was in need of vacuuming and painting, to be honest, but that didn't dampen our stay.
Staff on reception were very friendly as well, and provided a warm welcome.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Rachel J,

Thank you for giving feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted you and your guest enjoyed ringing in the New Year with us. I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the linen and stairways and please be assured you comments will be brought to the attention of the team here. I hope you enjoyed your weekend break in Dublin and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next venture.