4,692 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I stayed here with family as we were going to see Wicked. Hotel is across the road from Bord Gais theatre which is why I chose it however it is also 2 minutes from Sir John Rogerson Quay which is full of restaurants which was great as we didn't need to leave the hotel area.

The price we got the hotel for was amazing so I didn't expect too much from it but yet the whole stay was perfect.

I also went for the spa facilities which were ok, though quite busy meaning we could hardly get into the Jacuzzi. Not the most modern spa I've been in but had everything you would want and a large gym so was still good.

Service in all parts of hotel excellent and friendly (e.g. bar, reception, restaurants) with them often going out of the way to accommodate us (ie we had printing issues so they allowed us to use their pc behind the reception desks)

Room was lovely and big, we booked 2 double rooms but got 2 triples which was lovely.

We ate in the restaurant and the dinner menu was varied, good value and beautiful food. Service again was amazing.

Breakfast was varied and nice however very busy from 10-11 so you would need to go before that.

There was also free mulled wine which was a nice treat.

Overall, we hadn't planned on spending so much time in the hotel but due to the excellent service, food menu and large room, we ended up spending a lot of time in the hotel/nearby area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Edinburgh186525,

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed Wicked. It was a true pleasure reading your wonderful comments regarding the team here and please be assured your comments will be passed on to them. I hope we will have the fortune of inviting you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Myself and five other ladies booked into this hotel on the morning of New Years Eve. From the out set the reception staff were very polite, informative and answered all our questions with a smile and enthusiasm. The hotel is modern and very clean. Rooms were very large allowing three ladies to share each room. During our stay at the hotel I became quite poorly with a chest infection. The support given from the Hotel Manager Martin O,Kane and his staff was impeccable and definitely 5*. Martin contacted the on call doctor, arranged for porters to collect my prescription as well as checking upon my progress, all done in a caring and professional manner. The five ladies ate in the Stir restaurant on New Years day and said the food was superb, again Martin attending to their needs. As I was not able to attend the restaurant my meal was delivered to my room . Although I was quite poorly our stay at the Hotel was great we will definitely return to this hotel. A special thank you must go to Martin the Hotel Manager and the two young Hotel Porters. Thanks again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear 427Anne,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am absolutely delighted that your and your guests stay was a success. I hope you are feeling better now and it is wonderful to hear that Martin was able to assist you during your stay. We all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future and I wish you all the best in the coming year.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Myself and my wife stayed here recently as we were attending a show at the bord gais theatre. The hotel is modern and clean, it's very well located for the theatre. One thing I would advise would be to book your parking well in advance as we left it till a couple of days before and couldn't get in so had to park at jury's across the river( a ten minute walk, thankfully we got good weather that weekend). The hotel was very busy but this was to be expected in December at a city centre hotel, the only thing I would say is that a few more staff on duty at reception at times to stop the queues getting out the door. We had a snack of chips each as we had dinner booked for Toscana in the city, and when I went to pay for them and the drinks I nearly choked. But again this is to be expected in dublin. The breakfast was a buffet and plentiful, and tasty. We didn't get a chance to use the leisure facilities as we had to get home to pick up the child, but they looked to be of a good standard and are an added bonus in a Dublin city centre hotel.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear mcnabb69,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear that you, for the most part enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate the feedback regarding staffing levels and please be assured it will be taken into consideration and I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I do hope we can invite you back to the hotel on your next trip to the theatre.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for family of 4.
Had planned to use room service for meal, checked menu in room and then went to order, but told no room service. Then tried to book table, a la carte fully booked, tried Stir restaurant, girl at desk was just on duty said she would phone me in room about a table, but no call received.
So ended up having to brave an awful wet and windy night trying to find somewhere to eat.
Had primarily booked hotel due to pool/leisure facilities. We went for a quick swim and were waiting for jacuzzi to become free, then told pool was closing (at 4:30pm!). According to website, pool was to close at 9pm. Neither hotel reception or pool reception mentioned it closing early. This meant our 2 teenagers didn't even get to use the pool etc.
The rooms were cold when we arrived - no heat on, even with rads on full. Did come on later. The whole hotel was pretty cool. The pool had vents blowing out cold air - nice if doing 40 lengths, but not if having a quick dip. The steam room also had loose tiles no needs some maintenance.
Staff were ok, not overly friendly. Wasn't asked at check out if all was ok otherwise would have complained.
Rooms were fine, clean and quiet.
So just disappointed as when booked the hotel, it was a 4 star with pool etc.
No mention that would be no room service or pool closing less than 2 hours after checking in.
Depending on price, might go back.

Dear jonnties,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I would like to apologize for the issues that arose during your experience with us. I am terribly sorry for the trouble that was caused over the Christmas period. Unfortunately between the 24th and the 27th of December no room service was available and the opening and closing times of the gym had been modified. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience cause and for the fact that none of the above was explained to you on check in. Please be assured it is not our usual standard of customer care and for this I am truly sorry. I hope that we can invite you back to the hotel in the future, this will allow us the opportunity to show you the true nature of the hotel.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Main reason for bookinf was the hotels proximity to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
We were not diaaspointed. A bottle of Prosecco on arrival into a perfectly adequate room with all facilities [but no fridge]. Breakfast middling to good.
Car parking a problem however.

Room Tip: 6 th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear pom_10

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane has recently re-branded as Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are currently reviewing all historic reviews both positive and constructive feedback so as to enhance guest experience moving forward. We hope to see you again soon at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane and once again thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards,