4,690 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Booked 2 rooms for family of 4.
Had planned to use room service for meal, checked menu in room and then went to order, but told no room service. Then tried to book table, a la carte fully booked, tried Stir restaurant, girl at desk was just on duty said she would phone me in room about a table, but no call received.
So ended up having to brave an awful wet and windy night trying to find somewhere to eat.
Had primarily booked hotel due to pool/leisure facilities. We went for a quick swim and were waiting for jacuzzi to become free, then told pool was closing (at 4:30pm!). According to website, pool was to close at 9pm. Neither hotel reception or pool reception mentioned it closing early. This meant our 2 teenagers didn't even get to use the pool etc.
The rooms were cold when we arrived - no heat on, even with rads on full. Did come on later. The whole hotel was pretty cool. The pool had vents blowing out cold air - nice if doing 40 lengths, but not if having a quick dip. The steam room also had loose tiles no needs some maintenance.
Staff were ok, not overly friendly. Wasn't asked at check out if all was ok otherwise would have complained.
Rooms were fine, clean and quiet.
So just disappointed as when booked the hotel, it was a 4 star with pool etc.
No mention that would be no room service or pool closing less than 2 hours after checking in.
Depending on price, might go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear jonnties,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I would like to apologize for the issues that arose during your experience with us. I am terribly sorry for the trouble that was caused over the Christmas period. Unfortunately between the 24th and the 27th of December no room service was available and the opening and closing times of the gym had been modified. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience cause and for the fact that none of the above was explained to you on check in. Please be assured it is not our usual standard of customer care and for this I am truly sorry. I hope that we can invite you back to the hotel in the future, this will allow us the opportunity to show you the true nature of the hotel.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Main reason for bookinf was the hotels proximity to the Bord Gais Energy Theatre.
We were not diaaspointed. A bottle of Prosecco on arrival into a perfectly adequate room with all facilities [but no fridge]. Breakfast middling to good.
Car parking a problem however.

Room Tip: 6 th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2015

Dear pom_10

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane has recently re-branded as Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane. We are currently reviewing all historic reviews both positive and constructive feedback so as to enhance guest experience moving forward. We hope to see you again soon at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane and once again thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards,
Conor O’Kane

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Have great stay in the hotel.
Room at 6 Level with view on the street but have unbelievable quiet and peaceful sleep. Not noise from hallway, doors also so soft to close.
All hotel with brilliant ventilation. Me and child with bad cough forgot about our sickness.
Thanks for children colouring pack and special thank you Martin O'Kane Manager of the hotel, for childs Christmas presents and crisps. Daniella still talking about great holidays in hotel. Last time we see Manager like this was in Holidays to Croatia- same like Manager Martin, one guy who run all Hotel on one person's shoulders. Simple Magic and Professionalism.
Great food in Vertigo Bar, best chips I ever have just instead of Gravy sauce they have curry one (child won't eat spicy). Very fast service in so busy place. Best cakes ever.
Pool and Sauna was great. Did not see any safeguard on duty but we was ok, together with Husband was on guard for ours child. Sauna need little fixing- doors insulation are broke and won't close properly. Don`t like that people in pool area are walking without slippers- spreading foot diseases. Place are clean and smell fresh. Very welcoming staff, will return soon.
Stir Restaurant have very tasty and fresh food- chicken was juicy and vegetables so aromatic. Service fast and nice.
Best spend money. Place to dream of return in soon future.
Thank You everyone staff in Hotel, mostly about how clean it is- I check all corners and hiding places.

Room Tip: Was at 613, view on street, balcony, very quiet, great sleep, nice view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Ilze C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such lovely comments regarding your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am truly delighted that you and your family had a wonderful trip and the team here helped to make it a memorable experience. Please be assured I will pass on your glowing comments to Martin and the team. I would like to thank you for drawing my attention to the maintenance that needs to be taken care of in the leisure area. We are all looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel on your next trip to Dublin.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Stayed here for the Leinster vs Ulster game and can only thank the staff for a great weekend. Our friends took their baby and the room was set up perfectly with a travel cot etc. The only slight criticism was for the restaurant staff (stir restaurant, not vertigo). Even answering a question as to what time breakfast started was too much hassle. Other than that, it was great. We've stayed in numerous hotels in Dublin, and this suits us perfectly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Colin T,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is wonderful to hear that you and your guests enjoyed your stay with us. I am disappointed to hear about the attitude of the team in Stir restaurant and I sincerely apologize for this. Please be assured this is not the usual standard of customer care we provide here and I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. I hope we can invite you back in the near future, this will provide us with an opportunity to show you the improvements we have made.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Hotel is situated just across the road from the theatre and we were able to purchase tickets for a performance as part of a package, when we were unable to get the tickets independently.

The hotel staff were very helpful indeed, it was probably the cleanest hotel I've stayed in for a long time and both breakfast and evening meals were very good indeed.

I would be happy to stay here again - possibly not in very warm weather though as there is no air conditioning at all in the hotel and we had to sleep with the balcony doors open on one of the night's we stayed - in December.

Overall, a nice, modern, clean hotel with well trained and helpful staff.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Adele B

Dear Adele B,

Thank you for leaving feedback on your recent stay at Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you enjoyed your experience in Bord Gais Energy Theatre. Please be assured I will pass on your lovely comments to the team here. I am sorry you found the room too warm, unfortunately we do not offer Air Conditioning in rooms but we do have the availability of portable fans on request, which is something you might consider on your return. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin on your next trip to the theatre.