“Excellent Hotel & Staff”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #32 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed at the Maldron on Cardiff Lane in February for one night with my wife and from the moment we got to the hotel we are looked after straight away with overnight parking at a discounted rate in a nearby underground car-park. We found in particular one of the Managers "Martin" to be very helpful. He directed us to the Leisure Center and also to the Car-Park. He also helped us with Directions to a few places in Dublin that we wanted to see and looked after our Restaurant Booking.

The facilities in the Hotel are top-class , we dined in the Hotel Restaurant for Dinner and i cannot compliment the Food and Service enough.

I would definitely recommend this Hotel for anyone wanting a reasonable price Hotel but with a 5Star Service. I think 1st impressions are very important in the Service Industry and with Managers like Martin you will be assured of repeat Business.

we will definitely be booking again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello 155Joe,
Thank you for your excellent review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am delighted that your trip was so pleasant and that our staff went above and beyond to make your stay so memorable.
Conor O’Kane

Write a ReviewReviews (4,264)

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Traveled with a company outing & right from our experience at the check in counter they were helpful & go the extra mile to make a double booking issue right for their guest. Hotel bar was very inviting, their amenities were just excellent from the rooms to the restaurant. I would highly recommend this hotel, though it is at the remote end of the River Liffey, you have to grab a cab to get to most sights. But in a great neighborhood!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello Kmag6191,
Thank you for your lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am delighted that your trip was so pleasant from start to finish.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed for a night at this hotel and we liked that our room was large and clean and the bed was comfortable. There were, however, no toiletries provided except for liquid soaps in permanent dispensers by the sink and the shower. Thankfully, my husband and I brought with us shampoo and conditioner. We liked that the hotel had a complimentary hospitality tray which had a can of orange soda, a bottle of water, Pepsi and 7Up, as well as a bar of chocolate, a bag of chips, and salted peanuts. The full Irish buffet breakfast included with our stay was very satisfactory. We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Hello Donna A,
I am pleased to see you had lovely stay with us here in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, thank you for taking your time to review the hotel. Unfortunately we do not have mini toiletries in all of our bedrooms, however I am glad to see that this has not deferred you from returning to us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. The service was amazing, staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. Hotel itself was immaculate and very modern. Could not have asked for a better stay. Also if you are to stay here I would recommend a treatment in the beauty salon. I had a facial that was just heavenly

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony if possible

Hello Jcorbettke,
Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am delighted to see you had such an amazing stay. I will ensure your feedback is passed on to all departments.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here in January 2013 with a friend. I have stayed in the hotel a few times now with events at the convention centre, concerts at the O2 or plays in the Bord Gais Theatre as I find the location fantastic for these. We had a very spacious room with a balcony overlooking the convention centre which was a nice treat! The rooms are very comfortable with all the mod cons you require. We had a quick bite to eat in the bar, the food was ok but nothing special and selection of dishes was poor. The breakfast was pretty good the next day, nice selection of items but maybe pancakes, waffles might be a nice addition as many hotels are offering this now. Overall a great hotel and I will certainly be back as the location can't be beaten when travelling to the O2, Convention Centre or Bord Gais Theatre.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Hello Stn_Eve,
Thank you for the lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to see you had a great stay and I greatly appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for your feedback on the bar and breakfast. I will make sure that this feedback is utilised correctly. If possible I would be very grateful if you could email details to my Guest Relations Manager so we can investigate this for you, gr.cardifflane@maldronhotels.com

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent all round, New modern decor, great location from city centre shopping and all transport routes and from the 02 which was the reason for our stay. Reasonable price for the night that was in it. Everything was great with nothing to complain about.

Room Tip: Choose balcony room to see the convention centre lit up at night
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank SusanWexford

Hello Susan Wexford,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am delighted you had such a great stay. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Stayedb17;2;2013 good location as we wer goin to 02.. Great price 129 inc was b and b ,, kids free dinners wen adults had dinner , bottle of wine, free gifts for kids and a voucher to go free to wax museum,.check in was fast got room strat away , room was big , family room , dinner was lovely good choice , kids meal a healthy one came free with,ours,. Breakfast was great good buffet choice seated strait away,, plenty to eat, kids had swim in the lovely hotel pool .. Wud reccomend this hotel to all.. Central to everytin.. And 02 quite near and grand canal theatre..

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello Annmarie W,
I am delighted to see you had such a great family stay with us and your children enjoyed their time here as well. I hope we can welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane soon for your next family break.