“Short business stay”

Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Galway
“Short business stay”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here the night before a professional exam. Was given a quiet room as requested on booking. Nice foo available at a good price in house. Ate at the resteraunt and availed of the ore-theatre menu which was nice.
Hotel overall was very good. Clean, and staff were friendly. Breakfast was good, and included in room deal.

• Stayed October 2012
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Hello Aengus_O,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Conor O’Kane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (547)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Co Down
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed at the Maldron Hotel, Cardiff Lane in mid September. The reception staff were efficient and polite. We were allocated a magnificent room on the fifth floor which was big with a queensize very comfortable bed. The room was immaculately clean, warm and welcoming. We found the ensuite bathroom to be spotless in every way and the shower curtain was 'like new'. There were ample good quality toiletries. The one thing which guests appreciate most of all has to be tea/coffee making facilities and of course the Maldron had such a facility. Next morning the breakfast was very good and appetising and the evening meal was excellent. Would we stay here again? You bet we would!!

Room Tip: We have ever only been on the fifth floor. No complaints.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Patsy063,
Thank you for your lovely feedback of the hotel and recommending us. I am very glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I will ensure that your feedback is passed onto the excellent team I have here in the hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
wexford
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here for one night last weekend whilst attending a concert in the Bord Gais energy theatre, location is excellent as it's directly accross the road, rooms lovely and clean are as bathrooms, great nights sleep, lovely breakfast with great choice!
One gripe.....The bar, it's the most souless, non athmospheric in a hotel Iv'e ever been to... Being in the location that you are, you could be on an absolute mint here as they're are very few other bars in the area and when people come out of a concert / show, they are usually in great form and looking forward to a nice few drinks in a lovely bar with a nice athmosphere and a bit of music playing (even in the background)! We arrived back to a bar that was devoid of either, they had a sports channel on tv that was blaring so much, we had to shout at each other. We had a drink, left and sussed out a bar to the left of the hotel (The Ferryman), which was nice and we had a couple of drinks there. When I'm staying in a hotel I like to eat / drink there as much as possible so we decided to give it another chance and when we got there, it was even worse..Tv on even higher volume and a few people sitting around looking very bored as they couldn't have proper conversation due to TV volume! When I ordered a drink I was told it was the ''last orders'' When I enquired whether this applied to residents, I was told that the residents bar was on the first floor. Having got our drinks, we felt as if we were being ''hovered'' over by one of the two barmen who took all but our glasses from the table to try get rid of us. We got the hint and took our drink up to the residents bar to finish it there and maybe get another...........it was deserted. not even a barman to be seen! Wer'e by no means party animals, wer'e both in our forties and come up to Dublin regularly for concerts / shows etc.. but wev'e never been in bed so early on a Saturday night!! A bit of background music and a couple of bartenders who are not trying to push you out so they can get home would'nt go amiss and I'm sure would bring a lot of thirsty concert goers in your door!

Apart from this, a nice hotel for people who just want to go straight to bed!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello ronnieWexford,
I would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention in your review above. I am sorry that your experience in the bar was unsatisfactory. Please accept my sincerest apologies as this is not our regular standard of customer care. I would be most grateful if you could call me on my mobile +353 87 968 2123 as I would like an opportunity to discuss this with you.
I look forward to your call.
Conor O'Kane
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Efficient service at the front desk, great restaurant and bar that even locals enjoy, added amenities all made the hotel live up to its four stars. Had a very large room by European standards to myself on the fourth floor. Staff were all helpful and friendly. Close enough to all Dublin's main tourist areas to walk (about 15mins). Only minor downsides is the breakfast selection could be varied some days and wifi is only available downstairs, no major concerns at all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hello trekker1980,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us but I am disappointed to hear that our usual standards were not met during your stay. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention; I will ensure your feedback is utilised correctly and hope this will not deter you from staying with Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the future.
Conor O'Kane,
Cheshire
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I came to Dublin for a few nights. My wife had been to Dublin once before 10+ years ago and I'd never been so we did a lot of research and found the Maldron for a really good price.

First of all the location. The hotel is situated by the docks, which by the looks of it, is an area that is going to have a lot of investment going into it. It is only a 15 minute walk to O'Connell Bridge and it is a pleasant walk alongside the River Liffey. As we flew into Dublin Airport, we jumped on the Airlink 747 bus for €10 return each and is only 20 mins into Dublin. It is pretty much one of the first stops (by Dublin Convention Centre). From there the hotel is a quick walk across the Samuel Beckett Bridge.

The staff were friendly and helpful and we stayed in a very nice room. It was clean and we slept in a very comfortable king size bed on the 5th floor.

Breakfast was great and there was a lot of choice, with cereals, fruits, cold meats and of course full Irish breakfast.

We used the spa a couple of times and the facilities were spot on.

I'd have no hesitation in recommended this hotel and I would happily come back and stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scottysalsam
Hello scottysalsam,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and recommending us. I am very pleased to see you and your wife had an enjoyable stay with us. I will pass on all your feedback to the team.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Dublin very soon.
Galway, Ireland
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed two nights in this hotel with my mum on a weekend away. Found staff very nice and friendly our room was extremely comfortable and clean, beds very nice only thing was the shower curtain was absolutely filthy and shower temperature didn't change from cool to hot but bath was even nicer!! Breakfast was just lovely plenty to eat cereals pastries and a full fry was lovely!!! Had one evening meal in restaurant and the staff were relly nice!!! Food was very nice!!! We had a massage in the beauty salon have to say it was a tiny little room quite dirty and wasn't a bit relaxing she had lights up full blast I'm a therapist myself and it wasn't great!!! Therapist had no interest in massage to be honest!!!! Pool and surrounding area was lovely and leisure staff very friendly!!!

Room Tip: Luas located over the bridge a 5 minute walk away
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carliecoo
Hello Carliecoo,
Thank you for offering your feedback on Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us but I am disappointed to hear that our usual standards were not met during your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
I would be most grateful if you could give me a call on 00353 87 968 2123 as I would like to discuss this matter with you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Portstewart, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying at this fabulous hotel. The staff, the food, the atmosphere and the overall ambiance of the place was magnificent. I'd like to give a special mention to Martin on the front desk, who looked after us so well. I was there for a girly weekend and really look forward to my next visit, hopefully before Christmas!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Katemcaleese,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I will ensure that your feedback is passed on to Martin and the team, I am sure they will be delighted with the positive feedback.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Conor O'Kane