4,700 results
All reviewsbord gais theatrestir restaurantvertigo barswimming poolconvention centerleisure facilitiessteam roomminute walkquality hotelduty manageracross the rivergrand canallovely hotelenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hoteltemple barbar food
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Good hotel , excellent staff at desk catering for busy checking in/out over rugby weekend. Lovely clean rooms with coffee/tea and a welcome large bath to soothe your feet after a day walking round Dublin. We didn't eat in the hotel but I used the balcony over the bar to read and enjoy a glass of guinness. Attentive waiting staff. We have used this hotel twice and will use again.

Room Tip: If you want quieter room away from the road at the front ask at desk
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bechie88
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2012

Hello Bechie88,
Thank you for leaving a great review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and for your loyalty. I hope you enjoyed the match! We look forward to welcoming you back for your third stay.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

A basic, clean hotel. The breakfast bar was very large and good.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Hello MO2cats,
Thank you for your review, I am glad to see you had a good stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here for one night whilst attending a conference at the convention centre. It's ideally placed for this, only a short walk across the river.

Pros: Good sized room with king bed and seating area.
Polite reception staff
Good location for convention centre.
Good sized bathroom, shower worked well.

Cons: Window can only be opened a few inches for safety reasons so the room got very stuffy.
Very old television and reception was a bit patchy.
Nowhere obvious to hang a hand towel by the sink.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hello BagelmanSpleen,
Thank you for taking your time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane and thank you for your feedback. I will ensure this is utilised correctly. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife & I spent to relaxing nights in this hotel. We were in Dublin to see Derren Browns "Svengali" show in The Grand Canal Theater. So lets get down to reviewing this place.

Location: This hotel is located almost directly opposite The Grand Canal Theater which makes it the ideal place to stay if this is where you will be going for your entertainment. I would say a 2 minute walk would leave you at the theaters front door. Its also an ideal distance from the city center. We walked at a medium pace & it took 10 minutes from the hotels front door to St. Stephens Green & the heart of all the shops. It takes about 10 minutes also to get from the main bus terminal to the hotel. Maybe for some this walk would be to much but for my wife & I it was really nice strolling alongside the Liffey on our way into town. A taxi would cost around €6-7 if it was raining & you didnt want to walk in. The hotel is on a street thats not really that busy so traffic noise was not an issue. We did have a room on the 7th floor though (room 713) so maybe the lower floor rooms would hear the traffic more than we did. The area is made up mostly of offices. There is a small pub just on the coner beside the hotel called The Ferryman. All said it is in a great location in my opinion.

Rooms: Our room was spacious, clean & warm. We had a nice bed which was firm but comfortable. There was a shower over the bath which was nice & warm with plenty of power. There is tea/coffee facilities & an iron & trouser press. There was plenty of hanging space for clothes. We had a balcony with a table & two chairs & a view of the Liffey.

Staff: From check in to check out the staff were nothing but freindly & efficent. To be honest we didnt interact much with staff members but any we came into contact with were very nice.

Food: On our first night we ate in the Stir Restaurant as this was in the package we pre booked. This area also doubles as the breakfast area in the mornings. The food was average at best. This may be because they are using cheap produce or the staff cooking are not up to speed but it would not be somewhere I would eat in again. I cant fault the service but I just did not like the food. As with every european city there is a large number of staff working in this hotel where english would not be their first language & this caused a slight incident with my wifes starter. She asked for no cheese, the young lady thought she asked for more cheese & the dish came down heaped up with cheese. This was just a simple language issue & could happen anywhere. Breakfast was buffet style & the usual feeding frenzy you find in every large hotel around the world. There was plenty of choice, cereals, frys etc. Again I didnt enjoy the food & the coffee was very very weak!

Leisure Facilities: The hotel has a lovely, clean, well heated pool. It also has a suana & steam room. There is a well equipted gym. The changing areas have lots of secure lockers & good shower facilities.

Bar: The Vertigo bar was lovely for a coffee during the day or a night cap after the Theater. On the Friday night it was packed but on the Saturday night it was practically empty.

Cheak in/out: It took about 5 minutes to check in & about 30 seconds to check out. Easy as that.

So would I stay here again? Without a question I certainly would. This is a fantastic hotel, well run & ideally placed for all that Dublin has to offer. If you are wondering should you book The Maldron then wonder no more & get booking, you wont be sorry you did.

Room Tip: I would advise the 7th floor as any traffice noise was almost unhearable
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2012

Hello Justin_Dreamz,
Thank you for taking the tme to leave such a great review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am very pleased to see you had such a good stay with us here. There has been great feedback about the show, I hope you and your wife enjoyed it.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights while attending a conference. Good location for the conference centre, being just across the river. It's about 15 min walk from the centre of Dublin along the river.

Rooms were a nice size, clean. Staff very pleasant and friendly. Good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Hello riverbean,
I am very pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay, thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. We hope to welcome you back soon.