“Excellent Hotel - close to grand Canal”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #30 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed there in February with my sister as we attending Dirty Dancing in the Grand Canal, the hotel was excellent from start to finish. We had requested a twin room with Balcony and upon check in he did accommodate this. Our room was fabulous lovely and warm and very spacious. We decided to eat in the restaurant before the show, there were a large number of people dining at that time but we were quickly seated. One of the staff requested us to change tables as he needed to seat a large party and we got a bottle of white wine complementary for this which was completely unexpected as we didn’t mind moving, think a lot of hotels could learn a lot from the hospitality we received here. We returned to bar after the show and had some cocktails. The hotel room was quiet so great for a good night’s sleep. Breakfast next morning is buffet style but still very good choice and the food was presented well and was hot. Checkout was quick. Would definitely stay here again. The staff is extremely helpful, rooms lovely, and food is delicious.

Room Tip: If attending a show in Grand Canal this is perfect as just across the road.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2012

Hello lorri25,
It is a pleasure to read such a lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. There are some great shows coming to The Bord Gais Energy Theatre this year, keep an eye out for our concert & theatre packages on our website. We all hope to see you again very soon.
Conor O’Kane,

Write a ReviewReviews (4,341)

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My two sisters and I spent a night in the hotel recently. The location was great, close to the o2 and the Grand Canal Theatre.Parking was closeby and reasonable for the city centre.The surrounding area has been well developed since my last stay in Dublin with lots of places to eat and delightful to walk around. Hotel staff were pleasant and helpful and in particular Martin who went out of his way to ensure we had a great breakfast experience.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Hello Helen M,
It is a pleasure to see you had such a great stay with Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Yes, our location in Dublin is ideal with 5 top Dublin venues on our doorstop. Keep an eye out online for our concert & theatre packages on our website.
We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

My partner took me to Dublin for a weekend break to celebrate my birthday. He had contacted the hotel prior to arrival to ask if we could drop our bags off earlier than check in to coincide with our flight times and mentioned it was my birthday. To our delight when we arrived at the hotel at 10 am (good few hours before check in) our reservation was processed and we were presented with our room key (with a complimentary upgrade). We didn't expect that. The room was modern and spacious with a very comfortable bed and a view of the River Liffy from the balcony. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk from Temple Bar/Grafton Street which we knew prior to arrival so wasn't an issue. After a day out exploring (pubs mainly!) we arrived back at our room to a note from Guest Relations wishing me a happy birthday with a complimentary fruit platter and drinks vouchers. Lovely touch. Couple of very minor points why I've not given the hotel 5 stars - our toiletries weren't replenished and bar staff could have been friendlier. Other than that I would definitely stay at this hotel again. Particularly convenient to the O2 and Grand Canal Theatre but close enough to enjoy all of Dublin's delights.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Miss Truthful,
I am delighted to see you and your partner had an enjoyable stay with us over your birthday celebration. I am sorry there was an issue with your toiletries, I will make sure that your feedback is passed on. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back to Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

The staff at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. This didn't surprise me as they responded very quickly to my emails requesting advice about transport form the airport and allowed us to book a late check out in advance as we were on an evening flight home, this virtually gave us an extra day in Dublin.. They even swapped our room to allow us to check in early. The location is ideal for the theatre and the walk along the riverside to the city centre is only about 15 minutes. Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Hello Alex M
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, I am very proud of the team for making your stay so pleasant and I will ensure your feedback is passed on.
We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

The room was large, clean, comfortable and quiet. And the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Will definitely stay there again during my next business trip to Dublin.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2012

Hello Brian H
I am very pleased to see you had such a good stay with us in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Thank you for a fantastic stay last Monday night. We came up for the concert in the o2 which was only just acros the river over the bridge. It was so close it made the trip much more enjoyable. I found the hotel to be excellent value and the room was huge and spotless clean. We had room service which arrived promptly and was really delicious and hot. The staff were very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was excellent and the food was a great selection. There was no waiting and we were seated very fast and tea / coffee was set down immediately. The other guests were even friendly and it made for a very pleasant atmosphere.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone and we will be coming to stay again. We have friends tolk to go there if ever visiting Dublin and most have stayed there already and agree it was a lovely hotel with very competitive prices. Well done to all the staff who made our stay very welcome. Thank you all very much.

Room Tip: We asked for non smoking and the room was excellent.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2012

Hello Chris G,
I am delighted to read your fantastic review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. It is a pleasure to see such great feedback of the hotel and I am delighted your stay was so enjoyable. As you mentioned we are ideally located to the O2, you should keep an eye out on our website for our great theatre packages.
I will make sure that your great feedback is passed on to the team, we all look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Checked in yesterday 3rd march for an overnight stay ,while the hotel is clean and desk staff friendly because I no longer have a credit card we had to pay for everything upfront even room service ,which was poor quality as was the bar food we had earlier.i had forgotten my purse with my cash in it and found it very annoying that I could not just charge anything to my room as I have done and paid the bill with my visa debit card when checking out.

• Stayed: March 2012

Hello Magsclarke,
Thank you for leaving your feedback on Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I understand your frustration at the inconvenience you encountered, however this has been our procedure for some time now and I am sorry that this was an inconvenience to you. I do hope this will not deter you from staying with Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane in the future.