“Terrific - but Hotel could use some personality.”

Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Wexford
“Terrific - but Hotel could use some personality.”
Reviewed January 8, 2012

I have stayed with the Maldron Cardiff Lane three times now. Each time I had a very pleasant experience. Comfortable room, warm and clean! I have asked for a balcony room each time and I have always been granted my request. Food is lovely in the restaurant. Efficient staff, reception can be very busy and there are a few front desk people who look bored if it isnt. Some of them could be a little more chirpy when greeting guests :)

The main problem that I have, and its very minor is the hotel its self could use abit of personality. Its very white and I cant help but think abit of colour would certainly make the interior very attractive.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
conorokane, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Cardiff Lane, responded to this review, January 16, 2012
Hello Sfamato,
Thank you for taking the time to review Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Both your loyalty and feedback are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Conor O’Kane,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (559)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
wales, UK
Reviewed January 7, 2012

During our check-in the guy at reception yawned the whole way through. He wasnt sure what we had previously arranged, we booked a package for room, evening meal, bottle of wine, theatre and breakfast. We was not notified we had to book a table before check-in date for evening meal, the restaurant staff were not informed that we prebooked meal and bottle of wine. Our child's meal didnt arrive and had to remind staff during our own meal. We went to want sister act in the theatre opposite. After the show we went to the bar with out 2 year old daughter, we ordered drinks with our 2 year old daughter, sat down in a sofa in the bar with our 2 year old daughter, after about 20 minutes we were told to move to the lobby or our room because children arnt allowed in the bar area after 9....i am so sorry the show ended after that time but it isnt our fault. There were hardly anyone in the bar area and it was generally quiet there.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello Claire H,
Thank you for bringing the above to my attention. I am very disappointed to see you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. Please note that this is not the usual standard of Customer Care in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I would be most grateful if you could give me a call on 00353 87 968 2123 as I would like to discuss this matter with you.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Reviewed January 6, 2012

My daughter and a friend of mine stayed in the three bed room - it was a great size. The room was spacious, airy and clean. The hotel is busy and the staff are efficient. Our stay was terrific.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank thirtyninesteps
Hello thirtyninesteps,
Thank you for the lovely review, I am pleased to see you & your daughter had a terrific stay in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane.
Wexford,Ireland
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel this week. Excellent location. Near Luas to Jervis St. M&S Foodstore on other side of river, lovely restraunts in the immediate area. Post office down the road and shop around the corner. We really enjoyed this hotel. Very family friendly and great breakfast. Would highly recommend for a great break in Dublin.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Hello Catherineoc,
It is a pleasure to see you had such a great stay with us here in Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. Keep an eye out for our special offers online.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I would like to thank all the Staff & Management working at the Maldron Hotel, Dublin for a fantastic stay in the hotel over the Christmas. As customers, we were really crowned from the moment we arrived at the Hotel right to the very end of our stay. The staff were excellent, they were all so welcoming and could not have been more helpful. The location could not have been in a better location and we had a wonderful stay. The Hotel genuinely really did exceed all my expectations, great service, lovely food, couldn't fault it and we even got to see a fantastic show for Christmas in the nearby Theartre. A great way to kick start our Christmas and highly recommended. I look forward to doing a yearly stay at the Maldron Hotel, Cardiff Lane, Dublin every Christmas... My sincere thanks to all of the staff from crowning their guests so well, keep up the great work & much appreciated!

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Hello christine m,
Thank you for your lovely review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane. I am delighted to see you had such a great stay and you were so impressed with our team. I will be sure to pass on your great feedback to all the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next stay.
Paris, France
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I
I have been very satisfied by my stay with you
(night of November 28 + diner)

Kind welcome from personnel, nice decoration, spacious room, good food
Please continue on that way and you will be very successfull

I will not miss using again your services when I will be back to
Dublin, for business

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Hello Guy F,
Thank you for leaving such a great review of Maldron Hotel Cardiff Lane, your loyalty is greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 4, 2012

Went to Dublin at New Years Eve with the girlfriend and chose the Maldron on Cardiff Lane. Was very happy that i did chose this hotel as it was a perfect location to the city. Not only was it a 15 minute stroll to the city centre along the Laffy river but also the hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was very big and the bed was massive. The bar was great as well. We didnt have time to check out the pool unfortunately.
We asked for a river view from our room and on a high floor with a balcony. We got the 5th floor out of 7 without a balcony and if you tilted your head just about right you'd see the Laffy river just about - would have loved a river view, but you cant have everything. If you choose the Maldron would recommend catching the 747 Airlink from the airport as it drops you off right outside the convention centre which is a minute stroll from the hotel, this costs €10 return which is valid for 6 months where as a single cab trip can cost anything upto €30. Loved Dublin and loved this hotel - best new year yet!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a river view
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello JNJ8,
I am delighted to see you had such an enjoyable stay with us for New Year’s Eve. I will pass on your great feedback to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.