“Good Hotel Good Rates”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wexford, Ireland
“Good Hotel Good Rates”
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Hotel is not in the airport grounds, but has a shuttle service if required to the airport. You can be in the airport in around 5 mins or so. I stay often here when I have an early morning flight to catch.

Good Hotel, clean rooms, spacious. Good Bar, Good Food, Nice Staff.

My only complaint - during my last visit I was awoken an hour before i planned to get up by a wake up call that I hadn't ordered! When I told the guy this, his response 'ok thank you', clearly he didn't listen to what I actually said!! resulting in an extra hour to an already long day.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hi SuzD2013,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your time at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you continue to enjoy staying with us whenever you are flying out. I have noted your feedback regarding the wake up call and I have shared this with the Front Office Manager. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience due to this error.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Claire

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Polish first
Tustin, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I've been staying at this location each time I visit Dublin for business. The rooms are great and staff is friendly and professional. I love how they have one US plug so I don't have to worry about adapters. Highly recommend this location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Helen L
Hi Helen L,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you continue to enjoy staying with us and thanks so much for the high recommendation!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 15, 2014

It's close enough to the airport and has a good shuttle service; there was no airport noise. The room was clean and OK, nothing special. If you can eat elsewhere, do so. We were too tired to step out and had a pretty dismal meal.

2 Thank Janeite
Hi Janeite,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for your feedback regarding the meal you had. I have shared your feedback with the Executive Chef.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

Randalstown, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

After our travel agent messed up our booking thought our first night was going to be a disaster!! Thankfully the receptionist was very kind and accommodated us the best she could by giving us a suite, although small for family of four we managed for the night, we were also given a packed breakfast in the morning for our early flight.
Room was lovely and complementary chocolates and fruit went down treat with the kids! We had dinner in the restaurant and it was lovely, the staff where great with the kids and nothing was too much bother. Next flight from Dublin will stay here again!

Stayed August 2014
Hi Sarah A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your views on the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you and your family had a fabulous time at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Limerick Ireland
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times as it is near my old family home, so for any functions or occasions it is very convenient. The rooms are very comfortable and always immaculately clean. Bar is lovely and breakfast was servied hot to our room. All in all a very nice hotel and have already made my next booking

1 Thank Ciara M
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Hi Ciara M,

Many thanks for sharing your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted you continue to enjoy staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Burtonsville, Maryland
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My wife and I stayed here the night before a flight from DUB to LHR and were overall very pleased. The room had a clean, modern feel and a very nice bath. We had a king-sized bed (the first we had enjoyed since we left the US nearly 2 weeks earlier), and the room offered an abundance of electrical outlets for charging our various gadgets (including US outlets). The staff was courteous and helpful. We had a light dinner at the hotel restaurant, which was also good.

And most importantly for an airport hotel, it was quiet - we slept like rocks.

The hotel was a short (5-10 minute) drive to the airport, so the location was also very convenient. There is a large Tesco diagonally across from the hotel, and other shopping options in immediate vicinity (although you may want a car to access most of these, they are walkable).

Our only compliant was the air conditioning. My wife found the room chilly and, for some reason, we were unable adjust the temperature to turn down the AC. Maintenance came, took a look, and after consulting with management informed us that thermostat controls were locked at a specific temperature for the summer and couldn't be adjusted. Our only option was to have the AC totally turned off at the circuit breaker, which left the room a bit warm and stuffy by the next morning. (I'm not sure if this was an actual problem, or if we were just having a communications issue with the hotel maintenance worker, who didn't seem to be a native English speaker.) Regardless, it was a bit surprising (given the overall positive execution of the hotel), and was the only blemish on an otherwise excellent stay. I'd knock 5% off my score for that, but no more.

1 Thank Greg J
Hi Greg J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

We are delighted both you and your wife enjoyed your stay and more importantly had a great nights sleep.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Coral Springs, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2014

While my hotel room was excellent and service lived up to the Hilton name. The restaurant and bar were very nice. The service people were the BEST! I was disappointed that the internet service was so poor. Signal continued to drop out every ten minutes. There was no gift shop so I had to take a taxi to get my wife cough medicine. They charge you to use the computer to print your boarding passes. That upset me as this was a Hilton Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Steven W
Hi Steven W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor.

I know we have spoken directly through emails regarding your feedback but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you once again.

We are delighted you had enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Claire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#35 of 151 in Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!