“Disappointing stay this time - They need to start to fix things!”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2014

As a regular visitor to this hotel I was VERY disappointed this time. There were a total of 5 issues with this room, amongst them the most serious being the deadlock on the door jammed the door and made it extremely difficult to open. A surefire safety hazard!

I was informed that the aircon chillers are switched of at this time of year, so my room being on the sunny side became a sauna very quickly and I was unable to get relief from the non-existant aircon!

I gave my list of issues to the reception staff and I hope that they will be rectified.

As usual though breakfast was fabulous, they even found some maple syrup for me :-)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi jammydodger0905,

Thank you for feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am sorry to hear your most recent stay with us was disappointing. As a regular visitor to the Hotel you will know this is not the level of service that we provide.

If you would like to discuss this with us further please contact me at the Hotel directly at claire.elijah@hilton.com

I am delighted the team looked after you at breakfast. I hope you enjoyed the maple syrup!

Once again thank you for your review,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Room was very comfortable and quiet. Fergus, the shuttle driver, was a wealth of local knowledge. Very helpful with suggestions.
Restaurant service was very slow with marginal food.
Wireless internet in the room was worthless. Would not stay connected more than a minute at a time.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank teesee661
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Dear teesee661,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to complete a review of the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am disappointed to read that you did not have a good experience in our restuarant and I have shared your review with the Management Team here at the hotel.

Thank you for complimenting Fergus, I'll be sure to let him know!

We look forward to welcoming you back stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

But there's a shuttle to and from the airport that takes about 15/20 minutes each way! We missed the shuttle and instead of waiting for the next one, we got a taxi which cost about 12 Euro.

Stayed here during 6 Nations weekend as it was far too expensive to stay in town for the match.

Room was nice, we were upgraded but was quite annoyed they upgraded us to a disabled room as it meant there was no bathtub (I love a bathtub!). Rooms were comfortable and the breakfast service was lovely, as were all the staff we came across.

There's parking in the basement of the hotel which was cheap and a great place to stay if you don't want to pay the extortionate prices of Dublin City Centre.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Hi Kat_Orr,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review from your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I am delighted you have enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind words about our team members.

Do you have a Hilton Hhonors account with us? We can certainly put a note on your profile to say that you love a bathtub, so for future reservations with us we can allocate a room with a tub to you.

Please feel free to contact me at claire.elijah@hilton.com if you would like me to do this for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Guest Relations

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Having flown from IOM on our way to Washington DC we had 2 days with friends. We have stayed at the airport before at the Radisson. See previous review and you will see why we won't be staying there ever again. Hilton staff were fantastic, although we were early, they took our luggage and stored it until room was ready. We came back late afternoon, luggage in room waiting for us. The transfers to/from airport, on time and very quick. Food and the bar good value. Stay there again? Where else!

Stayed: February 2014
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hi Robin767,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

I have shared you fantastic review with the team and we are delighted that you will be choosing us as your preferred hotel the next time you are in Dublin.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to stay with us!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Traveled to Dublin for the Country to Country show at the o2 arena, chose the Hilton Dublin Airport for its location halfway between city and airport, the staff and facilities were brilliant, overall an incredible experience

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi Simon H,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at the Hilton Dublin Airport on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and also thank you for complimenting our team members.

I hope you had a great time at the show in the O2.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport in the near future.

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

My gf and I stayed here for our trip to Ireland before heading off to Galway/Limerick. Yes, it is outside of the city center and you have to take a bus BUT the staff is A+. They will help you out with bus fair, directions, recommendations, whatever. Rooms are superb, clean and well maintained. The bar has free wifi and an affordable breakfast. They even had live music at night. Highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Claire E, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Hi playbaltimore,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such positive feedback about our hotel and especially our team members.

I am delighted that you and your girlfriend both enjoyed your stay with us while you were in Dublin and I hope the rest of your trip to Galway and Limerick were equally enjoyable.

I have shared your review with the Management Team here at the Hotel and they will be only too happy to share it with their teams.

Should you plan another trip to Dublin in the near future we look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I'll keep it short. Loved Dublin, did not love this hotel. It was VERY basic. Rooms could use some updating and bathroom was not cleaned to well in that there were alot of "hairs" left over and I hate that! It was a safe location with an airport shuttle. The shutlle is complimentary when you arrive but there is a fee to take the shuttle back to the airport. It was very cold and our heater was broken. The staff was kind enough to switch us to a different room but it was very incovenient. The best part was the breakfast. It was included and they put out a full spread. I would say for the price the breakfast made it worth it. Location was very convenient in that we were able to walk across the block to a nice shopping center. Dublin has a great bus system and the bus stop was across the block as well. City Centre was only 15-20 minutes away if that. The airport was ony 5 minutes away. All in all, I would stay here for a short layover of 1 night but definitely not for a full vacation.

Room Tip: Do not splurge for the deluxe room as it did not appear to be any different from the standard room.