“Lovely Staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dublin, Ireland
“Lovely Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

I recently stayed here for a short break... I was checked in by a friendly & open young lady called Sara, she was a joy to deal with...

Our room was on the two floor, it was clean and large however some of the bathroom fittings need some attention.. but other than that it was a beatuiful room...

We had room service for lunch which was delievered by a cheerful gentleman, the food was nice... We later dined in the restaurant which was tastey & our waiter sarah was very attentive & showed a geniune interest in us and our night as did a few other staff member such as Darren & Chris!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Rayo89,

Thank you so much for your review.

What a delight to read about your great experience. No wonder you had a good start when our very own Sara checked you in. She is very well known for her friendliness and we receive many great comments about her.

We are very sorry to hear about the bathroom fitting and if you wish to tell me which room you stayed in I could get Maintenance Manager to have a look. Please feel free to e-mail me on eva.szakacs@hilton.com and I could follow that up.

Thank you for acknowledging Sarah, Darren and Chris in the bar/restaurant, they are all indeed a great asset to our hotel and it’s needless to say we are extremely happy to have such a strong team on board.

Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Polish first
Minneapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Hotel lived up to Hilton expectations. Rooms clean, quiet and very nice toiletries. food was good and nicely prepared. Staff very helpful. Shuttle bus drivers helpfull as well. I would stay here again on business.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Michael H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your business stay in our Hotel and we are excited about welcoming you back for another great stay with us in the future.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Rooms are large and well appointed. Beds pillows and sheets are superb. Dining room haasw a large menu, that is moderately priced. The plates are oddly shaped and silverware one places on the plates falls off...either into one's lap, or into the food on the plate. Terrible design. The night I had dinner there was a night when the hotel offered live music. It was VERY loud, and made any conversation impossible.
The shower faucets are rather odd, and the thermostat is very strange. I was not able to get the a/c to work despite following the directions on the sign beside the thermostat. If a hotel guest needs detailed instructions with pictures to adjust the temperature...that thermostat is not 'user-friendly" and should be changed to something simple. This one entails a 3-4 step process.
Van to airport, but one must "reserve" it in advance (why so, baffles me). I have stayed at this hotel before, and use it for the night before a morning flight.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Flaesb,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us.

We were glad to hear that you liked our dining menu and find the prices pretty moderate. However we are very sorry that you find the design of our plates odd and the music too laud in the bar.

With regards to the air conditioning in your room we are extremely sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced and please make sure next time you inform one of the staff members on the reception and allow us to fix the problem straight away.

The shuttle needs to be booked a day before in order to avoid any disappointment for our guests. This way we know exactly how many people are on the bus and avoid any overbooking.
Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed in this hotel in October, 2013 for a weekend for a conference - all staff were very friendly, rooms were excellent and very clean. Will be staying in the Hilton, Dublin City in September and i hope it will be as good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mossy087,

Thank you kindly for your nice feedback, we really appreciate it.

We are delighted to hear about your great experience with us when attending a conference and hope to see you back very soon.

Sligo, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Usually I have good experiences in Hilton Hotels, but this one is very average. Rooms reminded me of cheaper budget style hotels. The bar/restaurant lacked atmosphere and was not comfortable at all. Car parking is a bonus of the location, which is otherwise very bland. I was in particular disappointed with the facilities for the business traveller. For starters, Room Wi-Fi was charged as an extra and secondly it did not work or only worked intermittently at slow speeds. Whilst I was refunded this is not up to scratch in 2014, in my view.

Restaurant - food quality was also not up to scratch. I ordered Garlic Mushrooms and I would have got a nicer presentation in a fast food joint than this. The main course wasn't much better. Again, quite disappointing and at that level of quality just way to expensive and most certainly below my perceived Hilton standard. Staff were very friendly though. All in all - should have stayed in the Hilton in Kilmainham.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Marcus H
Dear Marcus H,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your experience with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement.

I am really sorry to hear about your unsatisfactory dining experience and please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments to the relevant departments for further investigation and action.

With regards to the Internet I can assure you that your feedback has been shared with the IT Manager for follow up and please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I hope all other aspects of your stay was to your satisfaction and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to get in touch with me anytime and I would be delighted to assist you.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Since Dublin doesn't have a subway or tram system, if you want to get into the city you will have to either take a bus or a taxi. Otherwise, the hotel has decent facilities & rooms and a shuttle to/from the airport that is helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Coffeegirl33
Dear Coffeegirl33,

Thank you kindly for your review.

With regards to your comment you are correct, Dublin does not have a subway system, however there are two tram lines in the city centre called Luas. Please be informed that four bus lines are running from the Hotel to the city centre (bus nr. 15, 27, 43 and 43) in every 5-10 minutes and the ride takes approx 20 minutes and cost €2.60 per person each ways.

We are very sorry if our location was not to your satisfaction and hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Myself and my partner attended this hotel in December 2013 and it was a disaster from the minute we checked in. We were paying the balance of a function and they couldnt find our original deposit.

After all that we met with some other guests who were attending the party and went for a meal. Our drinks were ordered of one of the waiting staff and left sitting on the bar for about 10 minutes before actually being brought down to us.

At 8pm we went down to our resevered section. Numberous guest complained about the service at the bar being slow and rude. I understand its the busy season but if the hotel is going to hold numberous parties there really should be enough staff on. The platters we ordered were taken away while there was food still on them, I am really annoyed over that as the food wasnt cheap.

We were moved from our reserved section down to the bar as the bar was closing. There were 9 guests including myself and my partner spending the night and because one of the guests from the party, who wasnt staying, was finishing his drink one barman told another barman that under no circumstances were myself or my partner to be served. When the guest left and we eventually got a drink we only had one because the residents bar was closed.

So after having to leave the bar we all went back to one room to have a drink and a couple of minutes later 2 of the hotel staff arrived at his door and told us, yes told us to go back to our own rooms. Now after spending €84 on a room, €40 on dinner and drinks, €400 on food platters which we didnt even get to finish and I'm not even sure how much I spent on drinks between 8pm and 2am I do not expect to me treated like a 16 year old who is on a school trip and after being caught drinking in one of the lads rooms. I'm actually disgusted with the way I was treated and I wont be back to this hotel! Bewleys Hotel is about 2 minutes up the road and is nearly half the price!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear BostonbeautyB,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a review on us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel improvement.

If you wish to share with us further details with regards to your expereince please feel free to e-mail me on eva.szakacs@hilton.com.

Guest Relations
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!