“Wonderful Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Massachusetts
“Wonderful Customer Service”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Didn't actually stay here but witnessed some wonderful customer service. Met my brother-in-law and his wife in Dublin to start a week's vacation. They had made reservations for a one night stay here before flying back to the states but realized they had made it for the wrong date, so we dropped by the hotel to see if they could change the reservation. They had made the reservation through Priceline so, initially, the front counter staff couldn't make the change, and there was not one in reservations on this Sunday. The staff provided them with a phone to call Priceline. After a long time on hold with Priceline, the counter phone rang and it Priceline calling to see what the hotel could do!! In the end, the staff found a way to change the reservation and make it right for them. They were patient and efficient and that went a long way to making a couple of tired travelers very happy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear Rnmteach,

Thank you kindly for your glorious review, we really appreciate it.

It’s great to hear that our staff managed to change your reservation and went a long way to making you a very happy customer.

I hope that you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, thank you kindly for your great review.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Polish first
Murrieta, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here one night in between flights. The hotel was so clean and comfortable. The restaurant and bar were great. Only negatives were that we waited for about an hour for the shuttle at the airport and we had a problem with the billing. My husband emailed them prior to our arrival that he wanted to pay for the room ahead of us arriving. There was a mixup and I used my card to check in. I reminded the desk clerks twice that it was to be charged to his card, not mine and they assured me it would be. Well, they have charged both cards and we are still waiting for a charge reversal a week later.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Beth M,

Thank you kindly for your review.

I am very sorry to hear about the problem you have encountered with your bill and please accept my sincere apologies. If you could kindly e-mail me the details of you booking on eva.szakacs@hilton.com I would be delighted to offer my assistance in resolving this issue for you as soon as possible.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed with the family in March and had a very pleasant time. As with most Hilton's, the breakfasts were excellent and we used the restaurant on two evenings when we were able to order from the Early Bird menu. Very good value. The bar area is very large, but although it was generally busy there, service was prompt.

Strangely for a large hotel there is no pool, but there is an un-manned 24 hour gym. It's not very well equipped, but much better than nothing.

Parking is 5 euro which I didn't begrudge as security seemed to be good.

All in all, a good hotel and we will be returning in the autumn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Oscar009d,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had a very pleasant time here at the Hilton Dublin Airport with your family in March and you enjoyed our breakfast as well as the Early Bird menu.

Thank you for your feedback on the gym and the parking and we are delighted to see that you will be returning in the autumn.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and wish you a great summer.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I found this hotel esthetically to be just as expected but I felt that I was being nickled and dimed. Shuttle to the airport was not included in the cost as indicated, neither was wifi or breakfast. I was also disappointed with the hotel staff. I found the gentleman that checked us in to be very condescending and to have an attitude problem in general. Also its at least a 15 min ride to the airport, I would reccommend the Radisson instead since it is literally right outside the airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement.

I am really sorry to hear about the your expectations were not met on this occasion and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove that the level of service you have experienced with us is not keeping up with the usual standards we provide here at the Hilton Dublin Airport. Please rest assured that I have discussed your comments with the Front of House Manager for further investigation and action. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you might have experienced on the reception.

With regards to the €2.00 shuttle charge we have implemented this charge as of 1st January 2013. This was not a money making decision, we simply needed to find the way to cover the shuttle bus expenses.

The €5.00/24 hours Internet charge in the guest rooms is set by Hilton standards; however we do offer complimentary Wifi access in the public areas. Please rest assured that I have forwarded your comments onto the Management team for further consideration.

Once again thank you for your valued feedback and I hope to welcome you back very soon again. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be delighted to look after you.

Guest relations
Tustin, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A nice and clean hotel. Service has always been great and the rooms are as expected for Hilton. Whenever I come to Ireland for business, this is the hotel I choose over and over again. They provide free hotel pickup from the airport every 30 minutes and a small fee for service from hotel to airport. The restaurant in the hotel is very nice and the service has always been great. I'm always greeted very professionally.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Helen L,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on us.

It is our honour to have you back over and over again during your stay in Ireland and I am delighted to hear that you are always greeted very professionally and you like our facilities and services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon and thank you again for your lovely review, we really appreciate it.

Glasgow
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving on a late flight in to Dublin Airport. The hotel is a little bit away from the airport and not particularly near central Dublin. However it suited our needs perfectly as we were going to a wedding the following day in the same side of town.
We arrived at Dublin Airport at around 10.30pm and made our way to the courtesy bus pick up area. The shuttle bus is free from the airport to the hotel. We had to wait around 15 minutes for the shuttle bus an then took the 5-7 minute drive to the hotel.
Check in was very quick and pleasant. We were given all the information we needed and headed to our room. The room was a fair size with a huge TV, Iron and board, hairdryer and plenty of hangers. The bathroom was very nice and the, room bathroom and hotel all spotless clean.
We used the gym in the morning which was a major reason for our booking. The gym has about 5 CV machines and 5 multi purpose weights machines so fine for a decent workout.
Breakfast was excellent. It is a buffet style with plenty of hot food an meat salmon, varieties of bread, pastries, cereal and fruit. Service was also very nice and friendly.
My wife used the hairdressers 50 metres from the front door of the hotel which was perfect for going to the wedding. There are quite a few shops very near the hotel to pick up bits and pieces and a huge Tesco also 2 minutes walk away.
Check out was quick and easy and the reception staff were equally as helful as the other friendly staff we experienced during our stay.
I would say this is a very nice typical Hilton standard hotel with friendly staff, a good gym and great breakfast. It is a little out of town though.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear flan_1969,

I am delighted that our hotel suited your needs perfectly and everything from the shuttle service to the condition of your room was to your satisfaction. I hope the wedding you were going to attend went very well and you had a great time.

Thank you kindly for describing the location of the hotel with the shops and hairdresser around us and I hope the other readers on Tripadvisor will find useful information in your review.

We are delighted to see that you would stay here again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.

San Jose, California, USA
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a few days during my trip through Ireland. We arrived at the airport around 9am. We called for the shuttle whend we arrived but it had left a minute before. We were told the next shuttle would be 45 minutes. However less than 10 minutes later a shuttle arrived to pick us up. Our driver Jerry, I believe was his name, had been sent just for us which was greatly appreciated. Jerry gave us a bunch of ideas for things to do and was very friendly.

One thing he mentioned was that the hotel runs a shuttle to Malahide village each night for free. Its a nice little fishing town with a castle, shops and places to eat. It was about a 10 minute ride.

We were checked in by 10am and our room was ready despite the early hour. The room was clean and everything worked. There is a tesco across the street where you can buy food or anything you might have forgotten to pack.

It is a little far from the city center. It is about 15-20 minutes by taxi and costs 15-20 euro. Or a couple euro and 40 minutes by bus.

The restaurant was very good. We ate dinner one night and the food was excellent but a bit expensive. We had breakfast there every morning and the buffet was amazing. I am not sure what the price is for breakfast as a non-elite but would have been willing to pay for it had it not been comped.

Had a very good time and would stay here again whenever I get back to Dublin.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Jdshscja
Dear Jdshscja,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Hilton Dublin Airport on Tripadvisor.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel- like the service you received from Gerald- as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement.

I hope overall you had a very enjoyable stay with us and we are delighted to see that you are considering coming back to stay with us in the future. We are looking forward to seeing you back very soon.

Kind regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!