“Some Maintenance required....”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #69 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The hotel is ok but the rooms are little aged meanwhile. The bath room was very clean but requires maintenance! The personel is nice and friendly - however, HH-members are missing the usual fast-track check-in. Breakfast is good. Restaurant is ok too - but there is better hotspots for dinner in Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Mr Christian E,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor on your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you feel need improvement. Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting our guest's needs.

I am very sorry to hear about the your expectations were not met on this occasion and I hope you will give us a second chance to prove that the level of your room's condition and the check-in service you have experienced with us are not keeping up with the usual standards we provide here at the Hilton Dublin Airport. Please rest assured that I have discussed your comments with the Housekeeping Manager and with the Front of House Manager for further investigation and action.

Mr Christian E, once again thank you for your valued feedback and I hope to welcoming you back very soon again. If there is anything I can help you with please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I would be delighted to look after you.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Write a ReviewReviews (2,420)

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The shuttle service to Dublin airport makes this a very convenient place to stay before flying out of Dublin. The hotel was clean and pleasant, although not great value at 115 Euro a night for two twin beds. I was also surprised that free internet service was only available in the lobby! Otherwise, an additional 5 Euro to connect in your room. All the staff members we dealt with were very helpful and the breakfast (included) was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank geetabix

Dear Ggeetabix,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that the shuttle service made our Hotel a very convenient place to stay for you and thank you for sharing this information with the reviewers on Tripadvisor. I am glad you found the hotel clean and pleasant and I am very sorry that you find your rate high. We do our utmost to provide an excellent service and product for the price our guest are paying and I am delighted to read that all the staff members you dealt with were very helpful and the breakfast, which was included in your rate, was excellent.

With regards to the internet charge- this is set by Hilton standards however we do provide complimentary Wifi service in the lobby. However your feedback is much appreciated and please rest assured that I have shared your comments with the management team for further consideration.

I hope you had an enjoyable stay with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Once again, many thanks you for your valued feedback.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 24, 2013

...And when you are downgraded at Hilton, you know it! It was my 1st stay in an Hilton property after losing my Gold status : I survived, but no more free breakfast, neither lounge access nor free internet! Whatever, the room itself is spacious, very quiet despite the location (on the 2nd floor), with an awful view on a mega air-conditioner : downgraded, as i told you.
Far away from downtown (two bus lines) and...far away from the airport. Tesco open 24 very close.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear pascaldominique,

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and I am very sorry to hear that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our hotel had not been met.

I am extremely sorry that you did not feel adequately recognized and that this is certainly not the lasting impression that we wish to leave with our valued guests. I wish to assure you that we greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and as a Blue Hilton Honours member you are indeed a valued guest at our hotel.

Thank you for your feedback on our location. Please be advised that the hotel is located 7km from the airport and the shuttle takes approx 10-15 minutes to the Airport from here. Downtown is about 20 minutes ride from the Hotel and there are four bus lines running (bus nr.15, 27, 42 and 43) in every 5-8 minutes outside Claire Hall to Dublin city centre.

Dear pascaldominque, thank you again for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Please do contact me directly on eva.szakacs@hilton.com when planning your next visit to Dublin and I will be delighted to offer you my assistance with your reservation.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

All personnel at this hotel were welcoming and very helpful. My reason for the Average rating is that this is a steril business type hotel for buisness travelers. Rooms were clean and servicable. Nothing special. Food in restaurant was OK...nothing special or outstancing...but not unsatisfactory in any way. Buffet breakfast was better value than dinners in my opinion.

Shuttle for airport worked fine...8 of us had suit cases and golf bags and the 5 am departure went like clock work.....

If you have a rental car...parking is a pain in the butt....

Overall, I'd stay there again, but this is a typical busines type hotel....and nothing more. Mike O.

Room Tip: All rooms looked the same....but they were all quiet and clean with good showers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CU4NO

Dear CU4NO/ Mike O,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of the Hilton Dublin Airport on Tripadvisor.

We really appreciate your feedback and we are grateful for highlighting areas which you enjoyed at the hotel- like the service you received from the staff- as well as advising us of those areas which you feel need improvement. I am sorry to hear that you felt like being in a sterile business type hotel during your stay. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back maybe for a longer stay and let us look after you.

Thank you for complimenting the shuttle service, I am glad that everything went smoothly on your departure day at 5am in the morning. I hope you had a pleasant flight back home.

We are delighted to see that your are considering coming back to stay with us in the future. We are looking forward to seeing you back.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel is located at a perfect location just 15 minutes from Dublin International Airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to and from the airport which is very useful. The reception staff was extremely courteous and provided us every possible information we asked for.
Even the customer service is very good in responding to emails and provided us up to date and accurate information on shuttle service and other info.
The hotel also has a restaurant which had a live band which was extremely good. The food and drinks in the restaurant is reasonably priced. Try the Massaman Curry.

This is a perfect hotel if you have to take a early morning flight.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KrisbalUk

Dear KrisbalUK,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a nice review on your stay with us.

It goes without saying that I was thrilled with your comments. I would like to thank you for praising our reception staff and the customer care we provide here at the Hilton Dublin airport. We do our utmost to ensure quality and guest satisfaction at all times and we take pride in our work. It’s great to know that you appreciated our efforts.

I am glad you enjoyed the live music and the food in the restaurant and thank you for promoting our famous Massaman Curry, it is highly appreciated.

We do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back in the in the near future and once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is more of a home away from home, except that the staff is there to take care of your every need. This is a must stay location if you are near Dublin or have an overnight close to the airport.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hilton Hotels & Resorts traveller,

Thank you so much for your glorious review.

We aim to make our guests feel respected, welcomed and cared for and I am delighted that you felt like our hotel is a home away from home- this is the biggest compliment for us. Thank you for acknowledging our Team for their friendliness and helpfulness and it’s great to know that they looked after you so well and you appreciated their help. I will most certainly share your comments with the staff, which encourage them to maintain the quality of service every day.

We do hope to see you back in the future for another great stay and thanks again for your lovely review.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed three nights at the hotel, brought in by attractive rates and location near the airport. After a week in B&Bs, we were delighted by the plentiful hot water and clean, comfortable rooms, which certainly rates four stars. What took it to five stars was the service of the staff - I'll single out Michal by name, since I remember him best! When we arrived, Michal was extremely helpful with getting our three rooms on the same floor and placing parents and kids in adjacent rooms - one with twin beds, one with a queen bed). He (and at other times, the rest of the front desk staff) made excellent suggestions for restaurants, sights, and public transit. The bar staff seemed to truly enjoy helping us make sure we could watch the NCAA Final Four games in the lounge starting at 2:20 AM, and even kept us company when their time permitted. All in all, a memorable stay, made so by a good facility and a great staff. Definitely where we'll stay when we return to Dublin.

Room Tip: There are only a few family rooms (maybe one per floor) that come with (I think) a queen and two twi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear Ann Arbor,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us, I am over them moon to read your praising words regarding our hotel staff.

We do our utmost to ensure quality and guest satisfaction at all times and we have a lovely team here at the Hilton Dublin Airport. Thank you for acknowledging Michal, his team on the desk and our bar staff. They are indeed a great asset to our Hotel and we are very happy to have them on board. Please rest assured that I will share your compliments with them.

We are delighted to see that you are considering coming back to stay with us in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back for another great stay.

With kindest regards,

Hilton Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Dublin Skylon Hotel
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!