“Nice 'standard' hilton with shuttle from the airport”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #68 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Shuttle picked us up and too us to the hotel at the planned time. Shuttle was pretty full but friendly courteous service from the driver. Efficient check - in and quick bar meal and off to bed. Left after breakfast the following morning, so wasn't an extended stay. Rooms were nicely decorated, good comfy bed with nice pillows. Desk light didn't have a bulb in it - which was a little strange. Also I do one night away trips with an electrical razor and the point in the bathroom wasn't working. Small niggles but these are what held out from the 5 star rating.

I really liked the breakfast (which I took at 08:00 on a Tuesday), and the evening bar food was great as well with really good service from the bar staff. Taxi was there when i asked for it for my meeting in the city centre the next day.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear Dave B,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review on us.

Thank you for praising our lovely shuttle driver and I am delighted to hear about your efficient check-in. I am glad you liked the room and please accept my apologies for the maintenance issues. It’s great to hear how much you enjoyed the breakfast and our staff looked after you so well.
Thank you again for staying at the Hilton Dublin Airport and we hope to give a warm welcome to the hotel in the near future.
Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (2,452)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My 2 sisters and I stayed at this hotel on February 11, 2013 after losing our mother on October 18, 2012 and then our Dad on February 4, 2013. I went through Hotels.com to book a room as we had flights back to the US at different times on the 12th. By accident in the middle of planning a cremation and emptying their house of 20 years I got the day wrong and booked the hotel for the day of our flights instead of the day before. When we got to the airport they told us they had a room available but could not transfer our reservation so we had to pay again and would have to go to Hotels.com to get a refund. When I called Hotels.com 4 times they have told me the hotel is refusing to issue a refund and nothing they can do about it. I find this amazing. I called 4 times and each time was told there wasn't a manager available to approve the refund and to call back. Why the hotel didn't just accept the reservation that was paid for and use it to cover the night we were there since we explained what had happened with our Dad I don't understand but am totally disgusted. Also went from free shuttle to airport to 2 euros. This has been an exhausting and very difficult and expensive year for us and its not a huge amount of money but one more thing that should be taken care of.
Oonagh Neal
Conf #111688807374

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Oonagh N

Dear Oonagh,
Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.
First of all I am very sorry to hear about your loss and please accept my deepest sympathy at this difficult time.
With regards to your reservation I asked our reservations department to have a look on it and I have been informed that you have booked our advance purchase rate which is a non flexible, non refundable rate and that’s why we couldn’t refund your booking.
Thank you for your comment on the shuttle charge. We have implemented this charge as of 1st January in order to cover the bus expenses to be able to continue our shuttle services to our guests. However your feedback is highly appreciated.
Once again please accept our deepest sympathy and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Pretty much what you expect from a Hilton: excellent pillows (I rarely find them as good elsewhere), rooms are nice, comfortable and quiet. If you go to breakfast outside the peak service hours (ask when you're there) then I understand it is superb. However, on the Sunday morning at about 10.00 am I found it less than acceptable - I waited at the breakfast bar for 10 minutes and still there were no fried eggs or bacon. No-one was keeping an eye on the hotplate to make sure it was topped up and when I spoke to a waitress she told me the chef was busy! Really?! Doing what because he wasn't cooking the eggs! (Take a tip from Hilton in York, Dublin) I also was kept waiting beyond the normal check in time, even though I'd arrived early. I didn't expect to be able to check in early, but the receptionist (who was very sweet) advised it would be 40 mins to prep the room. There were 2 chambermaids doing rooms together. Standard time to do a room in other hotels is 20 mins per chambermaid. At the most the room should have taken 15 mins, know ing I was waiting and I'd explained I didn't feel well and needed to lie down!
Still not really a problem overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear lauran1902,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted you found our pillows excellent and our rooms nice and comfortable.

Thank you for your feedback on the breakfast service; it is most appreciated as all feedback is used in a very constructive manner. Please do accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and rest assured that this is not the level of service we strive to provide at the Hilton Dublin Airport.

With regards to your check in please be informed that the check-in time is 3pm, however we do our very best to accommodate our early arrivals as early as possible. I am glad that we managed to check you in beforehand and I hope you had a good rest after your long flight.

I would like to offer you my warmest invitation to revisit the hotel at some point on your travels where we will ensure you our best attention at all times.

Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

There was a mistake in our reservation. The front desk seemed annoyed to fix it and were very rude in the whole process. The location is not prime, it was difficult to get to Dublin City Center. I always stay at Hilton's and I am very disappointed with this one.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dera GBaby331,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

I was disappointed to hear of your poor front desk experience and please accept my sincere apologies. We at the Hilton Dublin Airport aim to deliver exceptional levels of guest service and unfortunately on this occasion we did not deliver.

We will use your comments constructively in order to improve our services.

I do hope on your next visit to Dublin you will give us a second opportunity to prove that your experience was not consistent with our normal service levels.

If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to e-mail me directly eva.szakacs@hilton.com and I would be delighted to assist you.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is a very good hotel, let down only by the quality of the beds. I arrived late, and wanted to go straight to bed. Upon entering the room, I was pleasantly surprised. Decor, quality of furnishings etc, were all good. And then I sat on the bed..........and an orchestra began to play the springs.
I didn't get a wink of sleep. Breakfast was good, staff very helpful and the service was great. I'd thoroughly recommend this hotel, if it were not for the beds. Maybe my room was a one off, I hope so.

Room Tip: If they will let you test the bed, just find one that doesn't sing all night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Travel-devil008,

Thank you for feedback, it is most appreciated.

I am delighted that you found the breakfast good and the staff helpful.

I agree with you that the bed issue you mentioned is not acceptable and I would like to inform you that we are in the process of changing our bed mattresses. All the bed frames were replaced last year and this year we will be replacing the mattress floor by floor.
I am very disappointed that you have departed feeling less than satisfied with your sleep in our Hotel and I hope next time when you are back you will have a more comfortable stay with us.

Thank you again for taking the time again to highlight what we need to do in order to retain you as a loyal guest.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Checked in, and there were no rooms with a single bed as we had requested, but that happens time to time.. but, after being given twin beds, we then went upstairs to find the room on a smoke infested floor. The front desk said it was smoke free, but obviouly it is not enforced. By the time I woke up the next morning to come home, I was so conjested and my head was beating. I don't do well with smoke. It is not all that I don't smoke, but I have an allergy to smoke too, so it made it worse. The beds were ver uncomfortble, and with the intense smoke, it was a ruff night. It made the flight home hard too because with my head hurting, my ears acted up and I was in pain landing:( Also, that night we went for dinner in the hotel restraunt/bar, and my fish and chips was not cooked all the way:( It was just not a great experience.
Have to add though... the checkout was great, and the guys working the desk were so nice and it was a great send off after a terrible night..:)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Patricia_Yue,

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to apologise for any issues you had during your stay, this is not the impression we would like our guests to take away. Please rest assured that our non smoking rooms are smoke free and I am very sorry to hear about your rough flying experience.
I am delighted that the guys on the desk made your check out great and gave you a nice send off.
I regret that your expectations were not met on this occasion and I hope we will have the pleasure in welcoming you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport in the very near future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel for my weekend in Dublin because it was close to the airport (15 minutes) for my return flight and they have a free airport shuttle. The Hilton bus driver was a chipper man and gave me lots of ideas on things to do in my one day layover in Dublin. Having been to Dublin several times before, I had plans to possibly visit the Writers Museum and of course, make my way to a Temple Bar pub for a beer or two. Once we arrived at the hotel at 11 am in a steady drizzle (what else would one expect from the weather in February?), Sara got me checked in quickly and cheerfully, even at this early hour. As a Hilton Gold, I get free breakfast and free internet (good for a travel blogger, eh?). When entering the L-shaped hotel to the right is Burnell's Bar & Restaurant, along with an internet corner and the elevators. The reception is straight ahead and the lobby is modern -- there is also a small seating area, monitors showing the departures and arrivals and a large clock behind the reception. There is a dedicated counter for Hilton Honors (HH) members.

Overall, i would say this is a newer hotel, with nice amenities, and the room was quite modern with huge windows that brought in tons of light. The bathroom was marble and very nice with great water pressure (a need for me). The only downside to my stay here was the bed.. It was very springy without a lot of padding on the top so while I got a decent sleep from my jet lag, I had hoped for a nicer mattress.... overall it is a good stay if you get a good rate. The buses downtown work well into the night and it is a straight shot 20 minutes on the public buses.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve L
Eva S, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear RockyMountainCFO,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review.

I am glad that that our bus driver managed to give you some nice ideas on things to do in Dublin and our Sarah checked you in quickly and cheerfully. As a Gold HH member you are indeed a valued guest and we are looking into ways of how to improve our amenities.
With regards to the bed please do accept my apologies. We have started to replace our beds and we are planning to finish this project this year. The bed frames are all brand new and the next step will be the replacing of the mattresses.

Again thank you for your feedback and I hope you would consider us in the future to see the improvements that have been made.

Hilton Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Dublin Skylon Hotel
The Croke Park
#5 of 150 in Dublin
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!