“Very Good Hotel - Friendly Pint Sized Driver”

Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel
Ranked #71 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We decided to spend a weekend away in Dublin over Easter. We arrived at Dublin airport and were aware of the free shuttle bus laid on by the hotel. We got to the shuttle bus point and after a short wait we were greated by a really friendly pint sized laughing irishman. We were taken to the hotel and assisted wigth luggage, although we didnt have very much.

Upon arrival at the hotel, the exterior looks really modern and new. We entered the hotel and awaited checkin. After a 10-15 min wait we checked in really easily and went to our room.

The room was very pleasant, clean and had a nice bathroom. I can have no complaints about the room at all and the price for the hotel was superb.

We did plenty of siteseeing in Dublin centre and a that takes you into the cntre of Dublin is available just across the road. This costs about £2.50 each and they run until 11.30 at night so a great service. If you miss the last bus expect to pay around 20 euros for a taxi back and be prepared for really funny joke telling taxi drivers.

Checkout was really easy and again the free shuttlebus was laid on after we had booked it. The service was really good, lending me an umbrella for the Dublin rain and also when my girlfriend requested some more biscuits and water these were delivered very promptly.

All in all a really good hotel, if your doing Dublin on a budget and don't mind having to get the bus in / out this is a really cost effective option. Next time i'm in dublin I will stay here.

1  Thank Ian W
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Ian W,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor!

I am more than happy to read your comments and thank you for choosing us to stay over Easter! I am delighted you enjoyed our free shuttle bus services and our "friendly pint sized" driver's friendliness. We receive plenty of positive comments about him and I am glad that you and your partner enjoyed his hospitality! Thank you for complimenting on our rooms and I am glad that the check-in and the check-out procedure went all smoothly for you!I am also happy to hear that our staff looked so well after you both by providing umbrella or some extra biscuits.

Thank you for considering coming back to us, we very much looking forward to see you and your girlfriend back at the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel!

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Wouldn't stay here again,
Having booked a table for 2 in the restaurant we made our way to the restaurant host where we were told that we would be better to eat in the bar as they were too busy. (there were about 8 or 9 people in the restaurant)
The service in the bar was a disgrace. one barman who in fairness was doing very well to manage on his own but the floor staff were terrible. we waited for just under an hour for the food and I eventually just went to the bar for my own drink.
The bedroom was so hot there was not a chance of being able to sleep. The AC was set at it lowest which was 19deg C but to be honest it felt more like 25.
The only good point is that it didn't cost us too much to learn a lesson and never go back.

Dear Gyneco,

First of all thank you kindly for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not exactly as it could have been. Please let me take this opporuntity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay. I have passed your feedback to the relevant departments to ensure similar situations will not repeat in the future.

I hope you will give us an opportunity to make it right for you next time you need a hotel at Dublin airport !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 15, 2012

Staff very friendly. Rooms very spacious and bed comfortable. Hilton toiletries much better than other chain hotels.
Pleasant one nighter. Will use it again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank attie1000
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear Attie1000,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review.

I was absolutely thrilled to read your comments. I am glad you enjoyed our room and the amenities and mostly thank you for complimenting on our staff! We always try to do our very best to ensure quality and guest satisfaction and we very much like to receive positive feedback.

We are delighted to see that you are considering coming back to stay with us in the future!

Thank you again for your feedback!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is a good choice if you are using it as a location close to the airport. They have a free shuttle which is convenient for departures. The rooms are average for a Hilton Garden Inn and are clean and well equipped. It is a good value for this type of stay but.... They do not have free WiFi in the rooms as most Hiltons do and the charges for the computers in the lobby are outrageous. 7.50 Euro for 30 minutes. The lobby computers are also located in the main traffic area instead of in a business center like most Hiltons and everyone who walks by has a view of what you are typing. If you need anything, there is a large Tesla shopping center across the street. The restaurant menu is pretty weak and, for Ireland, has a very limited beer selection.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mike R

Dear Mr Mike R,

First of all thank you for writing a review on us.

I am glad to see that you find the location of the Hotel convenient and you enjoyed our free shuttle bus services.

I have noted your comments about the computers located in the main traffic areas and I have passed your opinion to the Front Office Management for further consideration. I am sorry that you find our beer selection in our Bar limited, I shared this comment with the relevant department as well.

Overall I still hope you enjoyed your stay with and we do hope you will allow us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Dublin Airport.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We were only in Dublin for 2 days, so we asked front desk for a recommendation on a tour to help maximize our time. They set us up with Brian who was absolutely fantastic. He was open to go where ever we wanted or give us some of his favorite routes. We weren’t familiar with all there was to see, so told him to set it up as he desired. We just wanted to spend time outside of the city in addition to inside. We started at Malahide Castle and then into the town of Malahide. We drove along the coast to a fishing village, as well as some other great stop offs for a little history as well as great photo ops. After ~2 hours outside Dublin we headed into the city to hit more of the customary tourist spots of Trinity College, Famine Memorial, Original U2 recording studios, Guinness, etc….all in all we felt we had a wonderful experience getting to see a great deal of Dublin, especially being fortunate enough to have it come from a local perspective. The best part was Brian himself being so much fun with his added stories, sayings, and Irish Charm. We knew we were in for a good tour when we were 5 mins in, and we were informed Irish say “there are no strangers in Ireland…just friends we haven’t met yet.”…….agreed!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Mr Stuart M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about us and Brian.

I would like to thank your your positive words, please rest assured I will share your comments with Brian, he will be delighted.

I really appreciate your nice feedback and we are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Are there a lot of restaurants near this hotel? No, it's an airport hotel for goodness sakes.

But, with the buststop right there, you can take the city bus into the city for 2.euro 15 cents, making it a great choice. We stayed in the city center other nights and our last night we stayed here to be by the airport.

I stayed in a room facing the INTERIOR and it was super quiet.
Not as nice as some Hiltons as far as furniture, plushness of beds, but overall a GREAT choice and I'd stay there again.

In fact, if I went back to Dublin, this would be a great hotel from which to expore the city, since the price is half that of city center hotels and the bus made it easy to get into town. The bus was kind of fun anyhow since we got to see the locals in their daily routines.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Eva S, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear AmericanGirl27,

Thank you for your valued feedback on your recent stay.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay and you find our location so convenient. As you correctly mentioned in your review there are several buses running (bus nr. 15, 42, 43) from here to the city centre for the cost of 2.15 Euros each ways. I am glad you also enjoyed watching the locals in their daily routines.

Thank you again for your feedback and we do hope to have a pleasure of welcoming you back again!

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Currently staying in the Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel for our final night in Ireland on our honeymoon. As it is our final night we decided to call two days prior to check in to upgrade to a suite. After being transferred twice because the call center representatives seemed uneducated on this procedure, I was given a confirmation number and told I had been upgraded to a suite for an additional 20 Euro. My husband and I were excited to check in to the Hilton suite and see the hotel as Hilton has a strong brand. Upon arrival, we were told by the first front desk attendant that the suites were overbooked and she had no proof of us upgrading. I provided her the confirmation number I received and she said it did not indicate I was upgraded to a suite. Finally, we gave up and went to our room and tried to log on to wi fi. Once we were prompted for a password I contacted the front desk and she indicated that Internet was only complimentary in the public areas. I had also confirmed with the reservation agent on the phone that Internet was free. At this point, I spoke with Joanne at the front desk and explained out situation to her. As a manager in customer service in Canada, I was beyond insulted with her condescending tone. Everyone in Ireland had been so friendly up until this point, I was completely taken aback by her snarky attitude. Rather than trying to de-escalate the situation, she had told me that there was no record of me calling to request an upgrade and continued to argue this fact with me until she finally exclaimed that she will not stand there and be called a liar when I insisted I called, to which I retorted that she was questioning my integrity by doubting me. She finally offered us free Internet in our room for the night (a five euro value that we were told over the phone we'd have anyway).
The Bottom line is that we are not unreasonable people and we understand these things happen, but apologies work better than arguments and the least they could have done was offer vouchers
For the restaurant or something in attempts to make up for the error, rather than deny it.
The hotel is clean and we were able to check in early (the bed is very uncomfortable) however customer service is paramount to us and it is for that reason we are rating the hotel as poor.

Dear SASteeves,

Thank you for your valued feedback on Tripadvisor. First of all Congratulations on your wedding and wish you both a very happy life together!

I am certainly disappointed that your final night in Ireland on your honeymoon was not all that it could have been. Please let me take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your short stay with us. I can assure you that your experience on this occasion is not in keeping with the Hilton standards and I have passed your feedback to the relevant management to ensure similar situations will not repeat in the future.

I welcome your constructive feedback and I am truly sorry that on this occasion the standards which you had come to expect from our property had not been met.

I hope your unsatisfactionary experience has not marred your opinion of the Hilton Dublin Airport in anyway. Please contact me directly when planning your next visit to Dublin and I will be happy to assist you.

Kind Regards and Congratulations again!

Hilton Dublin Airport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dublin
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Dublin Skylon Hotel
Dublin Skylon Hotel
#37 of 150 in Dublin
Metro Hotel Dublin Airport
Maldron Hotel Dublin Airport
Clayton Hotel Dublin Airport
Holiday Inn Express Dublin Airport

Been to Hilton Dublin Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!