“Excellent! ”

Marco Pierre White Courtyard
Ranked #520 of 2,731 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: With atmosphere and service that are second to none you will be seduced by the sumptuous surroundings of Marco's latest Irish venture. We serve elegant dishes using the finest ingredients prepared by chefs trained in London by Marco himself. The perfect location for any occasion we can cater for groups of up to 120 in our main dining room. The Garden Room - our private dining room - can accommodate parties up to 60 guests.
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This Courtyard restaurant is well worth a visit, styled with oak paneling and mainly round tables - how refreshing to visit a restaurant where they don't try and put three people on a table for two!

The food is excellent....tasty and well presented. The portions are very generous.... Go hungry and don't order too much! The pâté is the best I have had and when ordering the Fish and chips you get two large pieces of fish in an excellent batter. The Early Bird menu is worth a try too!

The staff are well informed, polite but friendly.

As locals we have visited a few times now and the standard has been consistently good.

My only 'comment' is that it can get quite noisy, as the volume does increase through the evening along with the atmosphere - so prepare yourself!

1  Thank jt100

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went here last week with some work colleagues and would highly recommend. I have eaten in the other restaurant in Dawson street and wasn't overly impressed, this time proved different. Was very impressed with the entrance to the restaurant, lovely court yard for sitting outside and impressive entrance, inside is lovely and comfortable reminding me a little of an Classic American steakhouse. I had scallops to start which were beautiful, fillet steak was excellent and cooked perfectly, creme brûlée for dessert, meal was excellent service was good and the surroundings were very nice. Wine list was also extremely good offering some good wines at good value. Will return to this restaurant one of the nicer steaks I had out in Dublin recently, was also one of the nicest cappuccinos I have had following a meal

2  Thank John M
Reviewed May 12, 2014

my husband and I had dinner in this restaurant last Thursday and from the moment we walked in until we left it was just lovely - staff very helpful service great food faultless and we could enjoy our dinner in peace as we were interrupted only on two occasions to check if we were ok once by the maître d and the also by our waiter which we found so relaxing
don't miss a chance to eat here

patricia J

1  Thank patricia j
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We went to the Courtyard restaurant yesterday evening. We were really looking forward to it as had been planning to try it for a while.

The restaurant looks nice, I hadn't been in the building for many years and like the way it's decorated now.

Unfortunately I honestly have to say that what followed was a very disappointing experience. We do dine out quite often but this was the worst I can remember in a long-long time. After being seated it took a while before anybody appeared at our table asking whether we wanted a drink or some water for the table. We were never told what the soup of the day was either.

I ordered a Virgin Mary and my boyfriend asked for a Shandy. We were told that they were not able to prepare a Shandy as they had no Club Lemon. I wondered how that was possible when they have quite a large bar. We were not offered 7 up or any alternative solution – we were just told it could only be done with orange. So my boyfriend ordered just a pint of beer instead. We had to wait for quite a while before my drink (alone!) arrived. The Virgin Mary was lovely; however the celery stick in it was not fresh at all. I do like celery so I was planning to have it but it tasted awful and was very old. No sign of my boyfriend’s pint. We then spotted it – it was sitting on the bar counter. And it stayed there too for quite a while but nobody brought it to our table and the bartender was too busy putting glasses away so he decided not to walk to our table or call a waiter to serve that drink. In the end we had to call somebody and ask them if they could please bring it to the table. The head on the pint had long been gone of course.

We then ordered our food. My boyfriend wanted the chicken wings from the Early Bird Menu and a main course from the A' la carte. He was willing to pay the A' la carte price for his starter it but was told that this was not possible and he was "not allowed" to have the wings if he was not going for the Early Bird menu for his main. So he ordered the scallops and the steak in the end. I ordered the Crab and the Tuna Steak.

The starters were ok, not amazing, but ok. Then the main courses arrived. My boyfriend's steak arrived with chips but the other side he ordered (sauté onions) was missing. My Tuna Steak also arrived but without the baby potatoes which (according to the waiter who took the order) were to come with it. We were waiting patiently for a while and when it became obvious that those sides were forgotten about we called a waiter and ask about them. He disappeared and we did get the sides a few minutes later. The waiter did apologise but our main courses were quite cold by the time we received had everything we ordered. I also have to mention that I ordered the Tuna Steak “RARE” as recommended but it was not rare at all when I got it, just a little bit pink in the middle. It wasn’t bad but wasn’t very good either (bit dry too) and didn’t have much flavour.

We were going to have desert as well as it was supposed to be a special night out but didn’t feel like it at that stage so we just asked for the bill. After we paid we went to the door to leave and were waiting for a while for somebody to give me my coat back. As nobody came near us for a while, I just went in to the room behind the reception desk and got my coat myself.

I was looking forward to trying this restaurant but was very disappointed and will not be returning or recommending it to anybody unfortunately. It is rather expensive too and you get no quality (on food or service) for it. Pity.

5  Thank Judit L
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wife and myself together with another couple decided to have the early bird menu which for 2 courses was very well priced at a reasonable 21.95 euro per person. We were staying in Dublin on a Sunday night en route to Clifden and were pleasantly surprised that the early bird menu was available all evening. We had pre-booked our reservation by e-mail and we were immediately seated on arrival. The staff were polite and attentive and the meal which was excellent was served without any delays. Having said that our meal was booked for 5pm and the restaurant was not over busy at that time. The only downside to our very enjoyable visit happened on the presentation of the bill. Given that we were a party of 4 people and our meal was a fixed price 2 course menu @21.95 each we were somewhat surprised to find the "accidental" inclusion of an additional "2 Roasts of the day" costing an additional 32 euro on the bill. The waiter of course was very apologetic when this "mistake" was drawn to his attention. It did however leave a bit of a sour taste to our otherwise very pleasant night out and does very much emphasize the importance of thoroughly checking your bill before you pay it.

2  Thank oceanisuk_9