“Good location”

Ranked #11 of 117 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Was hard to find the office location to get the key. But location was great. Right by millennium bridge into temple bar. Lots of restaurants nearby as well as a Spar for supplies.
Good sized apartment for the price we paid (2 bedrooms).
We found it hard to get the temperature right - either freezing cold or boiling hot!
I wasn't disturbed by noise during the night but my friends heard the people in other apartments during the night. We were only there for 2 nights so wasn't too bad.
Free wifi but was hard to be a signal in the apartment we had.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our visit to Dublin was for the second time and we chose these apartments because of the location. A ten minute walk from O'connell street airport bus stop; two minutes from the Temple Bar District and very convenient for good food, coffee shops; M & S and Tescos!
The apartments were very spacious, relatively clean and very comfy. We agree with previous comments about the inadequate cooking items (we didn't even have a kettle!) and the lack of hot water in the kitchen although there was plenty of hot water in the bathroom. The most annoying thing was the noise when you flushed the loo and ran a tap - a very loud drone followed which I can only assume was a macerator getting rid of the water.
However, the positives far outweighed the negatives and the convenience was excellent - we walked to the Guiness Storehouse (about a mile away) and the James Distillary (just over 1/2 mile) and the Temple Bar area was literally a walk across the nearest bridge. We arrived at 0930 in the morning after an early flight and hoped to be able to drop our bags off early. On arrival the guy on reception told us we could have our room straight away which was fantastic! We shall definitely be using Staycity again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Millennium Tower Apartments last weekend.
The apartment was spacious and perfect for three of us.

Plus Points
Excellent location, close to the river, near to temple bar and perfect for shops.
Warm and plenty of towels and bedding.
Safe area.
Fantastic coffee shop serving delicious breakfast next door.
Easy check in with access to the front door via keypad.

Negative Points
Kitchen not very well appointed. No grill pan for the grill and no baking tray. Bottle opener broken (i purchased one and left it there), TV is old fashioned (no usb port) and not flat screen, Not enough hot water, even with the boost switch on. The advertised wi-fi (via Bitbuzz) did not work all weekend.

Overall an excellent stay and i would rather stay here than a hotel any day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Brigitte N
Anglesey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I thought this was a lovely apartment, clean, spacious and great location. Close to shops, bars and bus stops. It even had it's own Balcony. I booked this apartment for a one night stay for 5 people (we ended up with only 3) but anyway It quoted on late rooms £99 which was fine with me so I booked it assuming it had charged my card, But when we checked in I was actually charged £103.45 which was annoying as I had to pay there and then. Then we had to pay €250 on the spot incase of any damages or excessive mess, but they wouldn't accept my debit card so a friend had to use his credit card. You only get 1 key. When we got into our apartment it was as I said clean and spacious looked great, but there was a list of terms and conditions, after reading it we didn't want to be in the apartment anymore.... If you lose your 1 key its a charge of €200 as they have to replace the locks. If you don't clean your cutlery after use it's a charge of €30. There was also a charge for housekeeping even though it clearly says serviced apartments. You have to pay an extra €10 an hour if you don't want to check out at 11am There was a charge for extra towels which in my opinion we would have needed it there was 5 of us in that apartment. You can't bring anyone back to the apartment if they are not already staying there, you can't make noise blah blah blah..... I'm sure it would be a great place to stay for people sight seeing but if you want a night out find somewhere cheaper and less risky. Luckily we got out deposit back and we didn't touch anything we didn't need to. Also got woken up by local restaurants and cafes dragging metal chairs and tables about on the cobbles at 7am in the morning. Very nice apartment but not my really my thing.

Also the duvets are feather, which my bf is allergic to we didn't realise until the next day as we went to bed drunk. and you get one pillow each and they are so flat and uncomfortable you might as well not have one.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Panic1990
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I stayed here with 4 friends for one night. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with 5 single beds and were really happy with our stay. Our apartment was clean and warm and we had no complaints. The location is ideal just a minute from the Jervis luas stop and a few minutes stroll to temple bar. The guy on reception were friendly and efficient at check in. I'd definitely stay here again for a night away with friends it was cheaper than paying for several hotel rooms and being all together in the same apartment was more fun.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here in 2011 for a 2 nights stay in Dublin. The location of the apartments are great! Just a 2 minute walk to Temple Bar. There was 3 of us so we had a 1 bed apartment then a sofa bed in the lounge. The sofa bed was actually broken so we all slept in the double bed, but this didnt bother us at all! Kitchen facilities/tv were also good.

I always look to stay at these apartments every time i visit Dublin as they are great value!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Two friends and I stayed at the Millennium Tower & Walk Apartments for a couple of nights in September, and it was a very positive experience. The price was right (100 Euro/night for a two-bedroom apartment!), and the place lived up to everything promised. It was clean, had a full kitchen and bathroom, two bedrooms, a living room/dining room and even a balcony.

I had been frightened by previous reviews about there being no one to check you in, trash in the elevator, etc.; but we found they had 24-hour reception, and we didn't see any trash. We were on the 4th floor and found coming and going to be effortless.

I had only stayed on the other side of the Liffey on prior visits, but this accommodation is only a block away from the Liffey, and I felt as safe as I had on the other side -- with one exception. The morning we left at about 5 a.m., we encountered a group of very tough looking teenagers in the walkway to get to the cab. They appeared to be just looking for some opportunity, and I was glad I wasn't by myself.

That said, I completely concur with other reviews about the location of this property. It's near Temple Bar and only a short walk to St. Stephen's Green, Trinity and other Dublin landmarks. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends