“Homely”
Review of Olympia Theatre

Olympia Theatre
Ranked #68 of 546 things to do in Dublin
More attraction details
Owner description: Much loved old theatre, highly respected by locals and visitors alike. Always busy, showing a variety of plays, musicals, pantomime, comedy as well as numerous gigs by Irish and International rock and pop artists.
Reviewed March 26, 2013

So well treated by wonderful staff at all the great shows I attended there, even the interval can be fun. great traditional atmosphere as soon as you enter, close to all amenities, (hotels/restaurants/taxi's) add to a stressfree evening out.

OlympiaTheatre, Front Office Manager at Olympia Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

So glad to hear you feel at home at The Olympia, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We were here last night for Simple Minds, my husband has to a lot of gigs here but for me it was a first, the band were amazing, they brought the house down, so glad we got to see them,

the staff in the Olympia are very friendly and professional, the guy on duty upstairs was very helpful and appears to enjoy his job, the bar is old style and nice with pleasant bar staff,

this is my favourite venue in dublin, very intimate with brillaint sound, it also has an oldie world feel to it which is hard to find these days.

Simple Minds were amazing alright, as always! We'll pass your compliments onto Management, in particular about the staff upstairs, they'll be very happy with the positive feedback. Come back to us soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Absolutely loved this venue. My first time there,went to see Stereophonics,amazing gig. Such an intimate venue,2 bars,sloping floor so wherever your standing(like we were) you have no problem seeing the band. And as for the seated areas, which are old style theatre boxes on either side of the stage, just class!! sitting in one of these, you would feel the band are playing in your own living room...definitly looking forward to another gig there!!

OlympiaTheatre, Front Office Manager at Olympia Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thanks so much for your lovely comments, delighted you had a great first experience in The Olympia!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

what an amazing night - having heard so much about the play "Alone it Stands" over the past few years we managed to catch up with it on 2nd March. A brilliant production full of energy, laughs & pathos. Can't wait to see it again. And what a gem the Olympia is! Atmosphere oozes from every corner. A relaxing pre-show drink served by efficient & friendly staff and another at the interval (pre-ordering saves time) and a memorable show - all contributed to a great night out. One slight problem is the seat width especially when a "larger" person (!) lands beside one!! But didn't detract from the experience.

OlympiaTheatre, Front Office Manager at Olympia Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Absolutely agree with you Andrew, Alone It Stands is a brilliant show! Delighted to hear you enjoyed your time in the theatre, pre-ordering the interval drinks is a savvy way to get the most out of the break. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My first night in Ireland I tried to buy 2 tickets outside the theater for a sold out Lumineers show. I accidentally bought 2 (legitimate) tickets for a jazz festival happening that night in another venue. When I went to the box office of the Olympia to see if there was anything I could do, my story was overheard by a gentleman who obviously had some pull there. I was handed two free tickets to the Lumineers show and was told to have a good time.

The night went from disappointment and embarrassment (of getting taking for €100.00), to an amazing experience my wife and I will be talking about for years to come.

Many thanks Olympia!

OlympiaTheatre, Front Office Manager at Olympia Theatre, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hi there, wow that is some story you have! We would never recommend buying tickets from touts outside the theatre, we consistently work with the Gardai in order to kerb this type of behaviour. Unfortunately there are people out there who are underhanded enough to sell tickets at a very high price, and they are often counterfeit tickets. We hate to see genuine music fans left broken-hearted and broke. So glad we were able to help you & your wife overcome your issue on the night, its very rare we can do anything so luck was on your side! Maybe we'll see you again if you're back in Dublin in the future.