“GIVE IT A MISS !!!!!”

Ranked #86 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
West Midlands
“GIVE IT A MISS !!!!!”
Reviewed April 2, 2005

Recently stayed at this hotel...all i can say is give it a miss for what we paid you could get 4 star elsewhere....also in a rough area of Dublin !!!come to think of it i never saw a nice area... If you have children stay away you can't take them anywhere and they are not welcome anywhere either.....it was awful...watch the taxi drivers they rip you off!!!!

6 Thank Duffie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
eastcoast
Reviewed February 26, 2005

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful nights here on a trip around Europe and I have to say it was one of the best places we stayed at in a nine week trip. The owner was so friendly and spent over half an hour advising us how best to see Dublin. The room was perfect, with a great shower, which was a rarity on our trip. I'd give this place full marks. In fact, I only came across this page when I googled to find an e-mail address to send a thank-you note.

15 Thank duig
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 25, 2004

Reading this guesthouse's website would suggest a home from home. Well, I'd move house if lived in a house like this.
For 98 euros per night you are given a small basic room; we were pitched into a room on the 4th floor, not quite Mt Everest height, but getting there. We had to pass the two buckets which were water catchers for the leaky roof. Our radiator never worked the whole 3 nights we were there; and that after repeated asks to have it fixed. An American guest also complained about the heating. He got the same answer, "It's a new system, it should be ok.....??"
We had to wait on our last morning to get a seat for breakfast, and when we did get seated the previous guests unfinished breakfast was left on our table for a good 10 mins before the Chinese waitress, who had to serve 5 tables alone and who didn't speak very good English asked us if we'd had our breakfast. Think it took us about 30 mins for us to be attended to.
A clue to what the service was going to be like is that they demand full payment for your stay on arrival.......never a good sign.
To be honest I think the general service in Dublin has declined badly. I've visited about 8 times, and yes, the city has good 'craic'. But I think the B+B industry just wants your cash without any decent service in return. Lower Gardner street is the general B+B area, but having tried many of them I feel they're overpriced and offer a very poor service. I'm not asking for luxury, but they don't even get the basics right. I'd advise paying a little extra and get a hotel.

• Stayed October 2004
10 Thank Jabberwocky7

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels