Staycity Aparthotels Christchurch
Ranked #3 of 126 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We booked to stay at Saint Augustine Apartments for a girls weekend away, they called us hours before our arrival and told us we had been moved to Christchurch Apartments then on arriving here we were told there was no apartment here either..apparently due to a water problem.

Oh the plus side they did upgrade us to a 5 star hotel in the end 'The Marker' which was lovely and they also gave us a discount rate for all the hassle hence the 'very good' rating.

They need to improve either the appartment maintenance or the booking system and also the customer services at the reception desk at Christchurch Apartments could be improved.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa B

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here less than two weeks ago. The location was great. Within easy walking distance to just about everything. The problem we had was customer service related. The person I was staying with and I left a sweater and a pair of pants in the closet. A few hours after leaving we realized our mistake. I called and explained what happened and stated that we would return to Dublin to pick up our clothes. The person we talked to was receptive and sent me a confirmation email and stated that she would send me another email when our things were located. After no email was received I called again the next day. Again received the response that it would be looked into and we would receive a return phone call. The next day no phone call was received so we called them. I would bet that we called Stay City nearly every day with the same promise that it would be looked in to. Five days later I actually received a call asking if anyone had already contacted me about the clothes. I said we had heard nothing. The person I spoke with said she would call me back within the hour. No call ever came.
Well, this didn't exactly ruin our trip and it really was our fault for forgetting to take the clothes but we can't be the first people to ever have left something behind. The fact that we contacted them just a matter of hours after leaving makes it hard for me to believe that the clothes couldn't be located. The fact that they never responded to our concerns gave me the feeling they were blowing us off until we left Ireland and would stop bothering them. It seems obvious to me that our clothes were taken. Again, it was our fault for leaving them but from what I can tell they did nothing to try to locate our clothes. I hope whoever is wearing our pants and sweater in Dublin is enjoying their new clothes. The moral of the story is, be careful when staying here and leave nothing important behind since you may never see it again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank fishyflier
Reviewed March 27, 2013

just returned from a 2 night break in these apts with a friend . found the apartments easily( just opposite St.Audens Church) reception staff very nice checked in early as our apt was ready. it was lovely and warm considering how cold it was outside, very well equipped our apt has a dbl. bed and a dbl. sofa bed I have to say it would be a bit cosy with 4 in the apt. but lets be honest how much time do you spend there. we had no problems at all with hot water for baths and showers. We also had an apt. overlooking a back lane so therefore had no problems with noise . v.comfy bed. I have also stayed at the St Augustine apts as well and I would not hesitate to use either of them again on my next visit to Dublin. shop just along the road for supplies 5 mins walk to temple bar area, hop on hop off bus stop just outside , coffee and tea supplied but not a lot.
recommend you take some of your own. if you use the airport bus get off at Dublin castle/Christchurch, stop walk towards the cathedral but keep going (keep to the left side of the road) apts just past the big road junction-traffic lights ,keep a look out for the yellow sign as it is only a small doorway. I notice that some parties are asked for a deposit Don't worry they use their discretion and I think only ask hen and stag parties.

Room Tip: ask for an apartment not overlooking the main road
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank janicedale
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Really good value for money apartments, no frills attached or paid for, but the room was warm, clean and welcoming. Staff were ALL very good, young man on arrival had an apartment reserved for us, took our bags and telephoned us the minute the it was ready, which I consider is very good service indeed. There was no noise at all from other people staying in the apartments unlike most hotels when you hear people coming and going all the time. I will definitely stay in a Staycity apartment again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently took my boyfriend to Dublin for his 30th birthday. I spent ages trying to find somewhere to stay.... everywhere was either really expensive or not close to where we wanted to be.
I came across Stay Dublin Christchurch and thought it looked great value and really good location, not to mention the rooms looked like a home from home. I was not disappointed.
I read some reviews a few weeks before we went and was a little worried about the mould that several reviews had mentioned in the bathrooms.
What mould?? We didn’t have any. In fact, the whole apartment was spotless, we couldn’t have asked for more. It was so clean, as if brand new.
To be fair, the bathrooms don’t have a window so if we had have come across any mould, i wouldn't have been surprised and what else do you expect.... you would get the same in your own home if your bathroom didn’t have a window.

The only problem we encountered was the shower, it took some doing to get it going and the water temperature went from boiling to freezing.
I went to speak to someone on reception about it who came up immediately to sort it. He even asked if we wanted to move rooms.... which we didn’t do in the end. It was a one off and as everything else was perfect.... it was something we could cope with.

Overall... this is a great place to stay and i would absolutely return. The location was fab and although we faced the main road we couldn’t hear the traffic at all. We slept like babies and loved our stay.
Thank you Stay Dublin for making my boyfriends 30th perfect!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thumbsup186347
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed at the Staycity Apartments several times when in Dublin. Once at the Saint Augustine Street property and twice at the Christchurch property. My stays were for one night only and I found the apartments to be clean, comfortable and modern.
If you need parking facilities close at hand - then choose the Saint Augustine Street apts., as the Christchurch apts. have no attached parking or street parking. Parking is €14 for 24 hours in a secure underground facility. On all occasions I found the staff to be cordial and efficient with no major hassles at check in or out.
As a light sleeper - I did find traffic noise at Christchurch to be an issue, so I would chose the Agustine apts. - less noisy! On 2 occasions when I booked - I chose a 1 bed apt. But on both those occasions I was given a 2 bed 'upgrade' at no extra charge.
Overall for short stays I find the Staycity apartments to be very good. Short notice bookings - you can get lucky and grab a last minute apartment for less than €60 per night. Just watch the website !

Room Tip: Christchurch - ask for room at the back (quieter). St. Augustine is a quieter overall facility and h...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Chris2pherM
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The building is quite old and could do with a lick of paint, however it's still clean and comfortable. The staff were great and welcoming, I kept bugging them about the wifi because they lost the code and they put up with me. It's a good value, no-nonsense accommodation option and its close to the Temple Bar district with easy access to main attractions.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends