“The current "place to be" will not disappoint”
Review of House Dublin

House Dublin
Ranked #359 of 2,719 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I went as part of a group of five girls to House on Friday evening, we had pre booked our table and were seated in the Parlor.
Greeted on arrival,our friendly host Dermot introduced himself and welcomed us, the interior is impressive with small details like fresh flowers in old bottles, book cases groaning with old hard backs, comfortable couches and high chairs for people watching (the beautiful people and wannabes of Dublin).
This was an ideal place for a girls night out, the menu focusing on tapas had plenty of small plates for sharing. Huddled over our white wine while devising coping strategies for BO'Ds last home game we shared a cheese and meat board with delicious fresh pesto and spicy tomato chutney and spiced almonds, potato and chorizo bravas, calamari, chicken, sweet potato fries, salted cod cakes and meat balls. These dishes were well flavored, portioned and memorable.
Refraining from dessert, we opted for cocktails,very impressively when I didn't like mine on first sip the ever attentive waiter opted to exchange it and my friends free of charge for another, the original had been made to perfection so swaying to my particular taste buds was both welcome and very impressive. With the above food, four bottles of wine (Im glad I am not identifiable from this review), and six cocktails the bill came to to 275 which for this type of establishment was about average.
Downstairs was hopping, good music, mixed aged crowd though all very glam and a nice atmosphere for a late night bar.
For a dressy, girls night out of cocktails, small sharing plates and good atmosphere House ticks the boxes,

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have been in here on a few occasions for a drink but recently had some food and it was very nice especially the Steak Crostini and patata bravas. Not a place I ever thought of going for food but will be eating in House again when I get the opportunity when I am in Dublin.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I dropped into House recently on a Thursday evening after work and I thought it was top notch. A friend and I met for some food and a couple of sneaky drinks and I was very impressed with the place. There are several distinct areas in this meandering Georgian House, the formal living room feel of the front with fireplace, the modern open plan bar area in the middle, a lovely veranda at the back of the house and then finished off with a brilliant garden area with a cool conservatory bar. The food was delicious tapas type fare and it was very good value when you weighed up the cost/portion size/quality ration. basically we were licking the plates clean afterwards. The cheeseboard was excellent, as was the patatas bravas. A couple of craft beers on tap were nice, and the staff were very pleasant, very smart looking and most of all good at their jobs. I can't wait to go back and make a night of it and bring a few extra people along. We might even sample the nightclub which is in the basement area. P.S. The Jazz duo on Thursday evening were excellent, and a great soundtrack to chat and food.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Once you go inside you don't feel like you are in modern Dublin. There is a contemporary feeling mixed with grandma's house decor. The lily scent was breathtaking and the food very tasty. So good I was there twice in the same week. The garden area is so cosy that I felt like staying there forever sipping wine and having appetizers.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We came in for lunch midweek, we hadn't booked a table. When we came in we see most of the tables were reserved, but we sat at one that wasn't. A grey haired man approached us and asked if we were ok, we said we were in for lunch and he told us that table was reserved (there was no sign) and if we could wait he would see what he could do. After a couple of minutes we felt pretty stupid standing there and were about to head off when the same man came back to tell us he had a table and that 'you just need to have some patients' which was downright rude. We sat and ordered, I got bruschetta and skinny fries, friend got quesadilla. Fries were greasy and undercooked and the waiter changed them. All in all I didn't think it was a nice atmosphere, the comment about the patients was terrible and food was average.