“Food was surprisingly nice for a lite bite”
Review of House Dublin

House Dublin
Ranked #321 of 2,730 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Have been in here on a few occasions for a drink but recently had some food and it was very nice especially the Steak Crostini and patata bravas. Not a place I ever thought of going for food but will be eating in House again when I get the opportunity when I am in Dublin.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

I dropped into House recently on a Thursday evening after work and I thought it was top notch. A friend and I met for some food and a couple of sneaky drinks and I was very impressed with the place. There are several distinct areas in this meandering Georgian House, the formal living room feel of the front with fireplace, the modern open plan bar area in the middle, a lovely veranda at the back of the house and then finished off with a brilliant garden area with a cool conservatory bar. The food was delicious tapas type fare and it was very good value when you weighed up the cost/portion size/quality ration. basically we were licking the plates clean afterwards. The cheeseboard was excellent, as was the patatas bravas. A couple of craft beers on tap were nice, and the staff were very pleasant, very smart looking and most of all good at their jobs. I can't wait to go back and make a night of it and bring a few extra people along. We might even sample the nightclub which is in the basement area. P.S. The Jazz duo on Thursday evening were excellent, and a great soundtrack to chat and food.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Once you go inside you don't feel like you are in modern Dublin. There is a contemporary feeling mixed with grandma's house decor. The lily scent was breathtaking and the food very tasty. So good I was there twice in the same week. The garden area is so cosy that I felt like staying there forever sipping wine and having appetizers.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We came in for lunch midweek, we hadn't booked a table. When we came in we see most of the tables were reserved, but we sat at one that wasn't. A grey haired man approached us and asked if we were ok, we said we were in for lunch and he told us that table was reserved (there was no sign) and if we could wait he would see what he could do. After a couple of minutes we felt pretty stupid standing there and were about to head off when the same man came back to tell us he had a table and that 'you just need to have some patients' which was downright rude. We sat and ordered, I got bruschetta and skinny fries, friend got quesadilla. Fries were greasy and undercooked and the waiter changed them. All in all I didn't think it was a nice atmosphere, the comment about the patients was terrible and food was average.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Had heard so much about house,and indeed certain things lived up to its reputation ,food was great ,decor and staff were great,but when it came to paying the bill, 3 of us was 115.00 euro so far so good,paid 150.00. But no change,when I asked the hostess about the balance ,I was told that she presumed that was the tip,until this point in time it had indeed deserved a tip ,but I was under the impression that the tip was at the discretion of the client,I am hopping that this was a misunderstanding and not a return to the good old Celtic tiger days.
This was at 6.00 pm in the evening.
It is a great location ,great atmosphere,and some great staff,but my advice is bring exact change,or it and your preferred tip

1  Thank DublinMarkdublin