“enjoyable family stay”
Review of West County Hotel

West County Hotel
Ranked #84 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just back from a really enjoyable few days at this hotel. Staff were very friendly, pleasant and welcoming. Rooms were spotless, (agreed bathroom a bit small but adequate) agreed with previous reviews that the beds were very comfortable, breakfast was great and good choice in the evenings in the bar, would definitely come back here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Sandy1571,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to read of your positive comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Gary Spain
The West County Hotel

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights as I was working on a tour.
The welcome from reception was outstanding and they where very helpful throughout my stay, even organising early continental breakfast for us as we started work before the main breakfast time.
The rooms where clean and the beds very comftorble. I slept like a baby.
The hotel is not the normal 4 star we normally stay in, but the service certainly beats most hotels I stay in.
The room has an iron and coffee making facilities and a large car park which is free to park.
The only negative thing I could say was the tv in the room was a bit small, apart from that it is a great hotel and one you will certainly feel welcome in.

• Stayed: May 2013
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear mattarm33_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review The West County Hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay, in particular the warm welcome you received and our clean and comfortable bedrooms. While the hotel is only a 2 star hotel, many people are amazed by this fact due to the high level of service and standards we set.

With regards the TVs in the bedrooms, this is something that has been discussed in the past and may be something we might look at in the future in terms of upgrading/improving on if budgets allow us to.

Overall I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

General Manager,
The West County Hotel.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel very recently while paying a shopping visit to Dublin.In general we found this hotel to be quite cramped with little or no atmosphere.While the staff were very friendly and courteous the facilities at the hotel were poor and very inadequate.The bathroom on the on suite hotel room was really tiny and there was little or no bathroom facilities such as shampoo,shower gel etc.The food at the hotel was mediocre and expensive when the extras were added on.In general the hotel was very basic and it is hard to see how the hotel itself could be improved as there is little or no space in the hotel for expansion.On the positive side the location of the hotel was perfect for our shopping trip with a bus stop just outside the door of the entrance and the hotel itself was very close (walking distance) to all the amenities ,leisure,shopping etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Macker36,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Tripadvisor. I am glad to read of your compliments on our friendly staff and great location. We are currently reviewing our menus at the hotel and I will pass on your comments to our team here.

If you wish to discuss your stay in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.

Ulick Colgan
Marketing Manager
The West County Hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We are just back from an overnight stay on 26th April. We had a lovely stay. We were made very welcome on arrival and room was lovely perhaps a bit dated but clean and spacious except for bathroom which was small but adequate. The staff were all very friendly. We had a few drinks in the bar and also had lovely bar food in the evening. Breakfast was excellent and staff again very friendly. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Great value for money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Co_AntrimJenny,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Reviews are very important to the hotel and allow us to receive feedback from our customers to improve the experience for future guests.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I am delighted to read you enjoyed the food, service and cleanliness of our bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. If you need to contact me to discuss your stay in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Handy location, clean and comfortable, with friendly, helpful staff. Chapelizod is on the outskirts of the City but there is an excellent bus service (10mins off-peak to centre) with the bus stop just outside the Hotel and even more options up the hill at the main road.
All staff that we met were great.
The breakfasts were brilliant... had to skip lunch both days!
The room - in fact the hotel- looked a bit tired... clean but could do with a refurb.
If you get this at a good price, take it.
I'd certainly return.

Room Tip: Front rooms face Phoenix Park

Dear Marty1962,

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We take great pride in our friendly staff, great food and clean bedrooms. We are delighted you enjoyed our breakfasts each morning. All our breakfasts are cooked to order and are popular among guests and locals alike.

With regards our decor, we continuously are upgrading our facilities here at the hotel and we value your comments to help us in our decisions for our next phase of upgrading.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My Partner and I always use this Hotel when visiting Dublin. It is great value, clean and comfortable, with friendly, helpful staff. Although situated on the outskirts of the City, there is an excellent bus service with the bus stop just outside the Hotel. I imagine if you want to sample Dublins night life till the early hours, you would need a taxi back. Our taxi from Heuston Station only cost 10 Euros (this was during the day)

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the Hotel, and although there was music downstairs, we couldn't hear...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Wyandotte3,

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We take great pride in our friendly staff, great food and clean bedrooms. I am delighted to read you stay at the hotel at a regular basis when visiting Dublin.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I use the west county any time im in Dublin and have found the staff friendly the food very good the rooms spacious and very comfortable secure parking a short drive to city center and easy access to M50..Great place all round and really great value evening meal and B&B for 59 euro..i have stayed in more expensive 3 & 4 star hotels that would not come close to the west county...All ready looking forward to my next trip to Dublin...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
112GaryS, Manager at West County Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Daithi,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Feedback is very important and helps us improve the customer's experience at the hotel.

I am delighted to read you are a regular guest at the hotel and enjoy your stay each time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ulick Colgan.