“Evening out”

Ranked #768 of 2,638 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: European, Irish, Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: One of the best known Gastropubs on the South of Dublin City. Our Friendly Staff pride Superior Service with a Smile and Award Winning Chefs provide the freshest Irish pub grub 7 days a week. Boasting a large heated Beer Garden/BBQ area & serving a wide range of World Wines, Creative Cocktails, Irish Craft Beers and a Perfect Pint of Stout. A Buzzing Irish pub that you will love as much as we do!
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Went to the old orchard with some friends tonight , evening menu was on I had fish and chips and my friend had filet steak which was cooked as requested . Desert was bread and butter pudding and ice cream . Food very good and well presented and staff very friendly will return again .

There are newer reviews for The Old Orchard Inn

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Went to the old orchard last sunday with my family for an anniversary mass for my dad, we hadn't planned to go out after the mass and therefore never thought to book an area or a few tables. there was 12 of us in total and having been to the Orchard on a sunday many times I knew it was a bit optimistic of us to get a table, however when we arrived we were greeted at the door by a waitress, who asked if she could help us in any way. when I told her she said no problem we will get you sorted if you just bare with me for a minute. We were seated within minutes by some gentleman. Some of us had starters which included soup, pate and chicken wings- not a bit of food was left, then our main courses came and the food was equally as tasty and very well presented. Deserts were out of this world. I would have to give the food top marks. Our service matched the food, our waitress was so pleasant and smiled from the moment we met her at the door until we were leaving, making sure we were ok for drinks and making sure everyone was happy with their meals. I don't usually go on these web things but I was talking to someone today and they told me about this site and I think credit where credit is due. Fantastic spot - would definitely recommend.

1  Thank ralph s
Reviewed June 19, 2014

'Pub grub' isn't usually my thing but some family members recommended The Old Orchard and so we accompanied them there on a recent visit to Dublin. Our meal was excellent. Service was friendly and efficient: there was a short wait but I would rather have good, freshly cooked food than warmed up pre-prepared stuff. I had been told that the Beef & Guinness pie was worth trying. Yes, indeed: if I'm back (when I'm back?) I'll be ordering that again. My only slight personal niggle is that the pie, champ and vegetables were presented in three separate bowls: impossible to eat it like that - get it all on to the plate! But then, I'm equally grumpy about food served on boards and slates: what's wrong with a good, old-fashioned warm plate? However, the pie was A1 - one of the best I've ever tasted. My personal 'trip advisor' had a cod dish which she pronounced equally good. The Old Orchard is the sort of place you could easily drive past. If you are in the area, don't - if all the food is as good as this meal.

2  Thank Barnabas014
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I came here as part of a party of four adults and one child on Sunday 4th may . We ordered starters in which I asked for my 2 year old sons food first it didn't come . After we finished our starters I asked our waitress where was his food she asked me - did it not arrive? . It's her job to make sure it arrived . Then our mains came out without my main which again our superstar waitress asks me - what did I order? I asked her was she serious and then waited 10-15 minutes for my food.my father in law said his burger was as dry as a napkin, my sandwich was average my wife's fish small and my mother in laws food over salted. I then ordered a drink which she again forgot until I walked around to the bar and she quickly ordered it , 20 minutes after I ordered it. I have emailed this place but nothing will solve there attitude towards customers unless these useless waitress where sacked and that's me being kind . Either way people avoid like the plague .

3  Thank Cillian11
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Eat here regularly with the family and drink here on occasion,,

What more do you need from a local bar.

Excellent wings

Unbelievable bbq pulled pork

Homemade deserts

And the pints of Coors and Budweiser are what beer dreams are made off.

And to top it off,,,, JOHNNY CASH TRIBUTE!!

BEST PUB IN DUBLIN.