“Quick, simple and effective”

Coolquoy Lodge Pub and Restaurant
Ranked #1,003 of 2,868 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I have lived close to Coolquay for a number of years but my family and I had never visited. We decided to give it a go and were pleasantly surprised.

The menu is generous with options to suit all tastes, it is very reasonably priced and the food was yum. Service was super quick and cheerful all set in a cosy atmosphere.

The tables for food are distanced from the main pub space so you don't feel like you are eating in a pub. Food is basic pub grup done well. Perfect for stopping in for a quick and cheap meal.

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

This pub/restaurant is my “local” so I visit quite often. I love the place because the food and drink are tops and the staff are friendly and welcoming. This is a perfect place to “non locals” to visit too.

Reviewed August 15, 2017 via mobile

I have eaten here on many occasions and always enjoyed a good quality meal for a reasonable price. However not on this occasion. I came with my parents, grandmother and baby daughter and not one of us enjoyed the meal. We can't all be wrong. The food was thrown on the plate and food presentation was non existent. I had lasagne with a choice of chips or salad. I opted for the chips but the never arrived and I didn't ask after seeing the chips on my grandmother's plate! They were greasy and looked like reheated seconds. She ate very little of them.
What was also shocking on this occasion was the baby bowl I ordered for my daughter. You would think no restaurant could get mash and vegetables wrong but the Coolquoy did! We got lumpy potatoes and large chunks of carrot and another vegetable that I couldn't identify and didn't even offer my daughter. The carrots were only slightly better.
We did complain to the waitress on the day but she may said she was sorry to hear that.
I certainly won't be going back to the Coolquoy unless there is a vast improved in quality

2  Thank Darina L
Reviewed June 28, 2017 via mobile

Set menu is great value with at least two €10 options and four €10.95 options. Friendly patient staff. Brilliant when you have children with you. Food was good with add on options. Enjoyable night for all the family.

Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

Love going to the coolquay,have lunch here at least once a week,cant fault the fod or the staff nothings a problem to them and the food ia amazing,the lunch specials are great value,thats why we always return,great food at a brillant price