Open today: 10:30 AM - 8:00 PM

Recommended experiences in and around Dublin
from $28.62
from $13.21
from $17.61
from $13.98
More Info
All reviews irish cream food tour dawson street shipping ireland knowledge gifts grafton info
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

I always call in to see Shanen and the team when deciding on what to get as gifts for the family. They are incredibly knowledgeable and offer great advice. Love popping in

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Chantelsdrawers
Reviewed December 15, 2019 via mobile

27-28 Dawson Street not far from Grafton Srreet with all the shopping.
Fantastic with a lot of whiskies and wines from all over the world.

Date of experience: December 2019
1  Thank Anders386
Reviewed September 26, 2019

We were part of a food tour and visited the Celtic Whiskey Shop & Wines on the Green This is Ireland's premier whiskey shop based in the heart of Dublin city center and opened in June 2003, it is a mecca for whiskey lovers both in Ireland and around the globe. Over the past 14 years, they have built strong ties with all the producers of Irish whiskey and regularly offer launches, tastings and distillery trips.

The shop was well prepared for our visit. We were taken to the side room where a gentleman had set up a whiskey tasting just for the tour group. We tried 'Writer's Tears', 'Knappogue Castle' and 'Coole Swan'. I enjoyed the Castle and my wife preferred the Coole Swan which was like an Irish Cream. This place went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and gave us lots of info on the sprits sold there. Well done and we recommend highly!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Bostonterrier61
Reviewed September 18, 2019

I suppose the first sign that something was wrong is that I emailed them 2 months ago and asked if they were having any tastings coming up. Never heard back.
When I walked in I was overwhelmed with the selection (5/5). I had been on the road for 2 weeks and this was by the far the best. The staff were so-so (3/5). The first guy seemed like he had somewhere better to be. The 2nd chap started to ask the right questions but again, seemed like he was just repeating the store mantra. I admit, I am a bit of a neophyte so I was probably asking moronic questions. But here is the kicker - prices (0/5). I bought a Tyrconnell 16 for 93€. Even after the VAT refund I think I still paid 85€ (if not more - I'm still confused as to how much VAT you actually get back). At the airport, the same whiskey FOR NON EU RESIDENTS WAS €70 (if you are EU it is €85 so not much difference)!! Furthermore, the Terminal 1 duty free liquor store has a fantastic selection.
So the moral is, if your are travelling out of the EU get your whiskey at the airport and save a lot of money

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Colin G
Reviewed August 10, 2019

We stopped at the Celtic Whiskey Shop as the final stop on our food tour. And what a great stop it was. Sampling the whiskey was nice. A very large selection. The people are very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend to visit here.

Date of experience: July 2019