“Good rooms and excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bram Stoker Hotel

and 1 more site!
Bram Stoker Hotel
Ranked #113 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Shipley
“Good rooms and excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

The Bram Stoker Hotel could be a very good place to stay if you wish to visit Dublin but they have some issues to resolve. The exterior is rather garish and looks a bit tacky because it tries to plug its 'Dracula archive'. You enter into a public bar which does not give the best impression and some of the areas around the bar are a bit smelly (for this reason, we did not take breakfast in the hotel)! They did not seem to have received (or had mislaid) our booking from our agency but compensated by giving us two excellent rooms which were probably superior to the ones for which we had paid. the rooms were spacious enough and clean. The heating was good and there was no extraneous noise to spoil our sleep. The staff were friendly but could have been a bit more attentive e.g. no-one asked us if our accommodation was OK or if we had any extra needs.
But the location is excellent, with a view over the water, and access to the town centre is very easy by bus. For us, the value was good and we can recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the bar area.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Peter W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Hebrew first
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Spent one overnight here whilst awaiting my ferry connection.In order to check in, I had to run a gauntlet thru a smelly bar full of half drunk leering foul mouthed yokels,was accousted by an obviously intoxicated unshaven bum on crutches, then got railroaded by a ranting raving hag pushing a zimmerframe whilst swilling a bottle of wine, next a balding tall sleazy specimen who offered to make love to me! Eventually made my way to the check in area only to be greeted by a true gentleman. I think his name was Joseph. Next morning I left..........

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Mollycuddles
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Though I think that Bram Stoker hotel is quite alright I didn't like some moments. We planned to be there for a week and I needed facilities for charging my mobile telephone. But there is a lack of adapters in this hotel. My friends gave me the adapter - they got the last one there.

There were problems with the bath in my and my friend's rooms - the chain was broken and we didn't know how to make water go out of full bath. I used wooden hanger from the wardrobe and it wasn't easy at all, believe me )

Some people from the 2nd floor walked above my head loudly, like elephants. So on 28th of June I asked the barman to change my room, he said "Ok" and I waited about 2 hours - during the gig. Then I asked him again about the room, but he told that I had spoken to someone else!
It was very strange, because I asked him 2 hours ago and he simply forgot that. Then I tried to explain him the situation once more, but he didn't try to help me with the room. Instead of this the barman talked to me in not polite manner. He came too close I think! It was unpolite! I moved from him but it looked like he was drunk and didn't understand anything, so I decided not to speak to him and to go out, because I didn't like his behaviour at all. I was dissapointed that smb of the staff could be so unfriendly, unpolite and probably drunk.
The man from Dracula museum wasn't polite too: he gave a tap on my shoulder - why he did it? I am not his friend or relative. I see him first time.

Other staff - especially the girl waitress were friendly, kind and much more polite! When I spoke to other barman, he took his reading glasses and really with attention tried to look in the reception book - was there a room for me or no. And he told just to speak to house keepers that went in the morning for saving the problem.

And I want to tell that mashed potatoes was not good. The food could be a little bit better... And the choice of food was rather small.
Also I didn't like that the house keepers opened doors of many rooms and went out. If a thief would like to come to our rooms - he could do this. Maybe they should open just one room and stay there during room service. And once I came and found that the things were not in my plastic bag but near it. Probably the staff thought that it was a garbage? But it wasn't. So after that I wrote a note for them where the real garbage is )

My friend didn't like the pictures of Dracula in the lobby. If you don't like them too you can use the other entry, ask the staff.

The last bus to hotel was in early time, about 11 or 10.30, so if you come later - there will be long and winding "rocky road to Dublin" - the way from the bus station to the hotel is about several kilometres.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Spent a very pleasant sojourn recently during the warm spell in Clontarf . Stayed in the Bram Stoker Hotel on Clontarf Road for a night. The staff were friendly and helpful. Premises was clean. The location is an ideal base with a regular bus service to visit the city. Beautiful walks on the promenade and out to Dollymount Strand. Breakfast was good value. Secure parking and a pleasant bar man Joe, a keen hurling man, made for a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed for a 2 night break while seeing Michael buble at the O2. Great location just outside the town centre with a great bus service to the town centre for €2.40. Taxi ranged from €11-€15. Lovely location with great views the room was standard but very clean staff all very friendly and made us feel welcome nothing was a problem for them. We had dinner here both nights as the food was so nice. Can highly recommend the steak and the fish and chips! And the cooked breakfast was a lovely start to the day. All in all it's great value hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank you to all the staff.

• Stayed July 2013
Ireland/Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed here night before taking a ferry to Holyhead.

This is a great Irish bar, in a great location with excellent food and service with rooms attached. Excellent check in and bar service and the bar menu and quality of the food is awesome as is the value of the room rate.

Bus into town if you want to hit the bright lights, lovely seafront walks outside your door, unique cinema and Bram Stoker museum for the curious, very friendly locals and bar staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Great value and close to the ferry terminal and beach. Not the nicest or cleanest room but definitely a budget hotel. Easy to take a bus to city center for only 2.40 euro as well. Staff seemed friendly. Not much around the area especially if you are looking for places to go out.

• Stayed July 2013