“Simple, tasty burgers”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I must admit, when I saw the limited menu, I though “seriously?!” Anyway, my friend and I ordered the cheeseburger with sweet potato and hand cut fries. Have to say the burger was absolutely delicious. It’s refreshing when so many other burger places are doing gourmet burgers which you can barely get your teeth around due to the sheer height of them, that Bunsen can make such delicious burgers by just keeping it simple. You can tell that they put a lot of research into their product, as I’ve never had such a delicious burger that didn’t have more fancy “gourmet” toppings. There may not be much choice, but what they do, they do it well.

Both types of fries were gorgeous too. Also, I love that they give you a good, cold, can of coke, no messing around with little piddly glass bottles where the have to half fill the glass with ice to cool your drink.

One thing, however….I know they were going for a industrial look, but I felt the décor a bit cold. There is nothing to differentiate it from any greasy café, apart from the cool tunes playing. The lights are also a bit harsh when you’re sitting down the back that we had to move up to where the window for more natural, less blinding light.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Went to Bunsen on Saturday just gone, I was really looking forward to trying this place out as all reviews appeared good. went in and was met by a nice waitress and told we could sit where we liked. Ordered the double cheeseburger and my wife had cheeseburger less toppings, both of us had shoestrings fries. We'll the burger melted in my mouth as I ordered medium, it was amazing, flavour and texture along with a soft tasty bun and the toppings were great. My wife had hers well done and she also said it was very tender and tasty. Fries were good and plentiful. I had two shakes, neither were very cold, but tasted ok.
I will definitely be a regular here and would recommend anyone here or visiting to satisfy there burger needs in Bunsen. We'll done Bunsen, keep it up

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I love burgers and have tried all the places that have been recommended to me in Dublin. This is a clear favourite for me after eating there this evening. The really good patty, almost sweet bun and the simplicity of toppings make for an amazing burger! Very nice atmosphere(good choice in music) and staff. Will be back very soon

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

For such a simple menu they really have nailed it the food was absolutely amazing and I enjoyed every morsel of the food which I had

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

I had the pleasure of eating at Bunsen and I must say the food is awesome. That was the best burger I've had in a long time. The burger was juicy and cooked perfectly. The menu is on the back of a business card, such a cute touch. I don't have a single complaint about the establishment and I will definitely go back if I am ever in Dublin again.