“Best music in Temple Bar”

Oliver Saint John Gogarty
Ranked #229 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Food is good here and service is first class. What makes us keep coming back is the music. We had 4 days in Dublin and spent 3 afternoons and 3 evenings here. Upstairs evening sessions are always brilliant with different styles each day. Can't wait to be back next year.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The oysters were outstanding, as well as the fish & chips. Menu has varied selection. Great atmosphere and very good service.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Spent 4 nights in this bar, the atmosphere is fantastic, great music, good service and a little bit of Irish dancing thrown in..

Reviewed October 24, 2013

WooHoo. What a great place. I am a solo, female traveler and not usually the type to go into a pub by myself, but as I passed the entryway and heard the music, I couldn't resist. I'm so glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and ventured in. The music and laughter was contagious. I had a pint and sang along. Never was there an issue or unwanted attention. Just good fun. You should try it.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We ate in the restaurant 2 floors up. It was really cramped. Service was good and the food was average. Good, but not great.