“Good tapas great value”
Review of Las Tapas de Lola

Las Tapas de Lola
Ranked #13 of 2,596 Restaurants in Dublin
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of buzzing Wexford Street and Camden Street, Las Tapas de Lola offers sumptuous Spanish tapas, wines, beers and tasty sangria for every occasion. As an Irish-Spanish co-owned place, we're passionate about our food and wine and even more passionate about having fun! We open at 5pm each day for tapas Monday-Sunday.
“Good tapas great value”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Authentic tapas in dublin. Nice tasty portions, not overpriced, so you can afford to try lots of different dishes. Really enjoyed the atmosphere - great selection to suit all tastes. Plates were cleared by our party of 6 and no complaints at all. Will be back for more.

Lola T, Owner at Las Tapas de Lola, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Many thanks for your kind review - hope to see you again soon to sample more dishes from the menu!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Just amazing ”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I celebrated my 30th birthday here in oct and since then I couldn't wait to go back. Had our second visit about a week ago now and it was just as amazing as the first time if not better!!. The tapas are unreal and they are not expensive at all, one of the things that stands out is the value for money. The goats cheese and patatas bravas are to die for. They had a special tortilla on the evening we were there and it was was the best I have ever had. I agree it is hard to get a reservation but sure isn't that a good sign? I have recommended this place to everyone and will def try and get back soon.

Lola T, Owner at Las Tapas de Lola, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review.. our goat's cheese is one of our most popular dishes. We import it directly from Cordoba. Myself and Anna spent a few days in Sevilla a few years back and there is a fantastic bar called La Bodega where we came across this cheese. They very kindly gave us the name of their supplier, so we now bring it in direct. We make the tomato marmalade served with it in-house - something that quite a few have asked to buy by the jar! Hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent and Authentic Tapas”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Its rare that I would be inclined to write a review of a restaurant in my own hometown but after having a superb evening with my two good friends at the tapas de lola last night, I felt I should share our experience with everyone! The atmosphere, service, quality of food and yummy wine exceeded our expectations! As a regular visitor to Spain and being of spanish descent(mi madre es espanola) I am well used to spanish food and it is so refreshing to sample products such as chistorra which are not readily available in Ireland prepared so mouth-wateringly delicious! We tried a variety of tapas all of which were divine, especially the gambas and the chanquetes. Particularily nice touches are the complimetary tapas and welcome drinks. The service was fantastic and we were well looked after even when we overstayed out welcome(we were supposed to vacate our table at 9pm but did not leave till 9.30, sorry!) Thank you so much for such a lovely experience we will be back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Stephanie C
Lola T, Owner at Las Tapas de Lola, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
The pleasure was all ours! Many thanks for the lovely review (and especially complimentary from a part Spanish person who no doubt has your Mum cooking you fab food!). Hope to see you again soon!
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average tapas, high prices”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

It was hard to get a table because it is always busy. We came really early one evening to book table later that evening and then had to wait at the pub next door before we cold be seated. All this and there was terrible misunderstanding in ordering tapas. We received twice what we ordered on some items, and were shorted on others. Confusion, noise, and disappointment! Then the check came and it was just easier to pay it than try to figure it out. Very expensive and only average taste!

• Visited October 2013
Lola T, Owner at Las Tapas de Lola, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I am disappointed to hear of your visit and the confusion over your order. Not something we would be used to so will certainly have a chat with our staff and find out what went wrong. It's a pity you didn't point if out at the time as we would always like to recitify any issue before our customers leave. Apologies once again if you didn't enjoy your visit and please be assured we will take it up with the team.
Galway, Ireland
“Superb”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

My wife and I ate here recently, based on a recommendation by a friend and I have to say it was superb. We had 4 tapas, but given the selection of dishes, we could have picked 40, they all sound delicious!! The 4 dishes we had were all gorgeous, the pigs cheek was just cooked to perfection, whilst the fried squid rings with alioli is not to be missed, it looks like a simple dish but it is just so so tasty! I thought the prices of the dishes were very reasonable, especially when you consider the high quality of food that you are served. The level of service was exemplary, every member of staff was so pleasant and helped make the dining experience very enjoyable. I would definitely recommend Los Tapas de Lola as a place to eat if you're in and around Dublin.

• Visited November 2013
Lola T, Owner at Las Tapas de Lola, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Many thanks for your lovely review. If you liked the pigs' cheeks, make sure to try the rabo de toro (oxtail) when you are in next as you'd love it! Hope to see you again soon