Tripadvisor

Order Online
Ranked #123 of 3,349 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Sitting right on Wellington Quay, in the heart of Dublin, is a slice of BBQ heaven. Sidle up to our bar, saddle up on our seats and get comfortable in Bison Bar & BBQ, Dublin’s first and best BBQ joint.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a very long week I left my place of work to walk out into a very wet and blustery night.I was tired wet and hungry my mood was dismal. As I walked along the street I decided id like to go for a quite pint and maybe something to eat.

I walked up wellington quay maybe to find somewhere in temple bar for said pint and food but before I reached the temple bar area I found an absolute gem of a bar.
The bison bar is a stylish pub with large dinning area attached and a very interesting beer garden/smoking area

Little did I know my dismal mood was about to change the staff were very friendly and attentive.Darragh the bar man was very open and friendly and had a good knowledge of whiskey which I like to talk about myself I think due to his friendly and funny nature I stayed longer then the one pint I promised myself

The food was amazing the chicken wings are probably the best I've eaten any were in dublin
I really do and have to mention the girl who served me my food.She told me her name was Orlaith she was so nice and attentive even tough she seemed busy she made the time to make sure I had everything I needed and made me feel very welcome.

A really lovely night and a sure thing ill be back

John

Date of visit: January 2020
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Bison Bar and BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey John,

Wow that's a hell of a review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and I have passed on your feedback to orlaith and to Daire they are both delighted. Feel free to come back anytime and chat whisky and eat wings with any of us, you're always more than welcome!

Fiona

Write a reviewReviews (575)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

For me, this is an average BBQ place, with medium to small portions for the price. I had the ribs which were pretty dry and not really flavourful, my sister had the chicken which was the best out of all we ordered (it was cooked nice, and had a smokey flavour), my brother-in-law had a burger which was OK, and my husband had the brisket which was also OK, but he wasn't full at the end, because the portion was kid sized. The sides were better then the meats, I had the crispy garlic potatoes which were the bomb, just couldn't stop eating them, they were that good. All in all, not for a repeat visit.

Date of visit: December 2019

Hi Maja,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear that you were dissapointed with your food, I will pass your comments onto our kitchen team for you. With regards to the portion sizes because we have a range of different options, it sounds like some of your group ate from the sandwiches and burger section while others ate from the plates section. We offer these different options for our customers as we use the same menu from 12-9 everyday giving people the choice to have a lighter meal at lunch time, the staff are all more than happy to help if you need help with the portion sizes. If you would like to come back and try our food again please feel free to give me an email at fiona@bisonbar.ie.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I nearly didn’t visit as a few reviews said the portion sizes were small. I didn’t think that this was the case at all. My daughter and I got a lunch time offer of a roll/sandwich, a side and a pint of Heineken for €9.95 each. The beef brisket was amazingly tender and the crispy potatoes particularly nice. We will definitely be back and would highly recommend.

Hi RozOS,

Thanks so much for coming in to try us out and for leaving us this amazing review. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your food. We run the lunch offer Mondays to Fridays from 12-4pm, please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

My boyfriend and I went around for a while looking for the best BBQ in Dublin and I'm happy to see that we've finally found it! We were very impressed with this restaurant, everything we ordered from the menu was absolutely delicious and the waitress was incredibly nice, possibly the best customer service I've seen in Dublin.
We'll definitely go back there to enjoy the food, the atmosphere, the music and the kindness of the staff - and next time we'll make enough space for dessert ;)

1  Thank Raeygon
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Bison Bar and BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Hi Raeygon,

Congratulations on finally finding the best BBQ in Dublin! We're delighted for you guys and even happier that you were so pleased not only with our food but with our amazing staff as well. I understand it's difficult to leave enough space for dessert but it really is worth it for our pecan pie!

Many thanks,

Reviewed January 7, 2020

Honestly the best BBQ I’ve ever had... and I’m American so that’s saying something lol. The atmosphere is amazing. And they have enough seating for around 500 people. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND! The tables even have chargers, great for travelers. Cheap deals too!

Date of visit: January 2020
PressUpEntertainment, Manager at Bison Bar and BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Hi Natasha,

Well that's a hell of a recommendation from someone that knows their BBQ! We have a Southern Pride smoker in the kitchen which was so big we had to take a wall down to get it in! We're so glad that you enjoyed your experience in Bison bar and even though we don't quite have enough seats for 500 people, we're always up for a challenge! Many thanks for this amazing review and make sure you come back to see us next time your in Dublin.