“Too expensive!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vue cinema liffey valley dublin
Ranked #70 of 87 Fun & Games in Dublin
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We used to go to Liffey Valley at least twice a month but when The Cinema in Tallaght opened again we realized how expensive Liffey Valley was! I don't understand why they charge so much!
Thank God they re-open tallaght.. We won't be going back there again!

1  Thank Federica I

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

To go to the movies here is a good experience, the cinema itself is good although some of the seats are I need of repair. The goodies: drinks, popcorn and sweets are all over priced. You'd be wise to bring your own, especially if you bring children. It's the only cinema near Lucan and surrounding area so that is probably why there tickets are so expensive there is no competition. A visit to this cinema at night becomes a luxury when it's so pricey!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Myself and my partner go to the cinema here almost once a week. We usually head to one in Dublin because all the local ones are tiny and fairly pricey for what u get. Vue is my cinema of choice because all the screens are huge, the sound is great, seats are teared and the food selection is great. The popcorn is always really fresh and the nachos are tasty which I appreciate. I think the food is good value because its the best I've had in a cinema, but the tickets are very pricey even with the €2 off vouchers you can get. It works out at around €23 for 2 adult tickets, and €14 for a large popcorn and 2 large drinks. It's a great cinema with a great location but I think it's time they made the tickets a bit more affordable, and maybe brought out a rewards card or something for us regular cinema goers :)

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I used to go to vue all of the time as its close to where I live. It was only when I visited movies@ dundrum that I realised how expensive vue really is. I knew it wasn't cheap but this was a real eye opener. I looked up a film in vue & another cinema. Same day same time same amount of people. €24 in vue for 1 adult & 1 child & €11.50 I'm another cinema!!!!! Huge difference. And for sweets etc € 28 in vue & € 14 in the other. I haven't been to vue since late last year and I won't be going again!

3  Thank vmurph