“Fantastic experience - an absolute pleasure”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just had to share my fantastic experience staying at the Marker Hotel straight away, I'm still smiling as it was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. My first impression was I thought it was such a beautiful design and lovely location. At reception, Robert couldn't have been more helpful and welcoming. Walking down the corridor to our room, I loved the design and sensed something special awaited us in our room, I wasn't disappointed, the bathroom was stunning, the shower was a generous size and strong jet with easy temp. control. The bath l was a good size too and the toiletries smelt amazing. The chocolates and slippers, the tea making facilities(which took us a few minutes to locate as it's discreetly place behind a white panel, the robes, the bed, wow the bed was definitely a hightlight, a king size but so wonderfully comfortable, teamed with pillows that I meant to ask where they were from because I had a wonderful night's sleep. We tried the pool and the wellness area, again staff were very welcoming and the facilities top notch.We were there for Le Drunch and the food again, was the highest standard, I couldn't speak after tasting my creme brulee, it was heavenly.The breakfast, it wasn't the biggest buffet but it had top quality on offer and everything tasted good. Unfortunately the rooftop bar was closed for a private function when I was there so I can't comment on that and I forgot to try the Cronuts but I don't think my stay here could be easily topped, just everything was such a high standard and felt luxurious.I've stayed in other 5 stars before and always found something to disappoint but the marker truly deserves it's 5 stars as it's a real treat to stay there. Left smiling and would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Cjudge109,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our Team; we are always delighted when we know we made a difference to our guests stay and try to make it that little bit more especial and unique.

Do let me know next time when you are coming back and I will make sure there are some cronuts ready for you.

Thank you again for your lovely feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,572)

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Recently visited the marker for my partners birthday and what a wonderful experience from the warm welcome at reception to the professional departure. I contacted the Manager on duty ( Gary ) and asked if there was anything he could do fot a small b day surprise and within minutes we recieved a lovely fruit plate and desert with a candle. This was way beyond my expectations so thank you. One slight down side was the room service food. It was pretty average. Amazing pool and great rooftop bar but be patient as drinks take a while. See u all again soon

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear KildareBen,

Thank you for taking thwe time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you and your partner enjoyed your stay and that the Team helped out on celebrating this special occasion.

I am sorry that you didn’t really like the Room Service menu but I am glad let you know that a new Menu with more and different choices.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you both back very soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel opened April 2013 in an unbeatable location. The service is top notch - professional, warm and genuinely wanting to make your experience special. The rooms are large, modern and nicely appointed. It was our anniversary and we were surprised with a beautifully presented dessert, half bottle of wine and card with anniversary wishes in our room. Many of the staff remembered our names throughout our brief stay.

The rooftop bar has a spectacular view of Dublin and is a beautiful outdoor space. We highly recommend the Marker Hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SteveandCathyO,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we helped to make your anniversary that little bit more special.

We always recognise our guests’ special occasions and we are delighted to read their feedback.

On behalf of my team, I thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here just before Xmas with my mum and I was expecting more from a 5 star hotel. The bed was extremely comfy and the hotel was very clean but something was lacking. While some staff were extremely friendly, others were pretentious; ignoring us whilst saying hello to the business men in suits. I feel the hotel focussed more on form than function and although extremely modern, the lighting was really poor (applying make-up was next to impossible) and the general layout of the room was frustrating ( no plugs near an extremely large mirror for example). I know it may sound petty but in a 5 star hotel, these shouldn't be issues. Overall, despite no huge flaws, I felt uncomfortable in this hotel. Also if you want a taxi, ask reception to arrange one for you! There are lots around but many have an arrangement with the hotel. we jumped into one that was free and although we were guests in the hotel, the doorman then told the taxi driver he had a hotel fare. The doorman then audibly asked the driver to ask us to get out, but changed his mind when another cab turned up!unacceptable!

Room Tip: Mum had a corner room with a bath and it was slightly bigger than mine!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Leanne M

Dear Leanne M,

Thank you for your review, I would like to apologise most sincerely for the shortcomings in service that you experienced during your stay.

We will contact you privately in order to have the opportunity to speak with you directly and follow up with you in more detail.

Again our sincere apologies and I look forward to speaking with you.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

We were there just before xmas to celebrate my wife's birthday.
We were lucky enough to get a table for 6 on the roof.
By the way big thanks for Ethan and Peter for the perfect night and the hospitality.
We felt so special and all the friends were so happy in the end.
Both food and service were good and professional.
Definitely will be back soon.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Gumilabu,

Thank you for your lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to know that our Team helped to celebrate this special occasion as it is your wife’s birthday.

I have passed your comments to Peter and Ethan and they are delighted with them.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights on business - chose this spot due to colleague recommendation and proximity to my office in Dublin. The staff was welcoming and professional. Rooms were very clean and comfortable (the bed sheets could have been slightly higher quality & I would have liked more pillow options). However, the lovely bathroom was a nice surprise: heated marble floors, a huge soaking tub and wonderful Malin + Goetz products. Would definitely stay again if I returned to Dublin.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rdnycgirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to know that our Team looked after you during your stay.

The bathroom and its toiletries are indeed wonderful and we hear nothing but raving comments about them.

Thank for having chosen us for your stay in Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

I visited The Marker for the first time earlier this month for a girls weekend away in Dublin and it was just sublime!

The rooms were done to a very high standard and the bathrooms were heaven, heated floors, walk in shower and a bath I could have stayed in all day given half the chance! The reception staff in particular were great, very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Unlike some front of house staff they really took the time to engage with us and have a chat rather and weren't standoff ish in anyway at all.

We didn't eat at the hotel but we sampled a number of drinks from the bar! Wine list was great and our waiter did a fine job in recommending what we should have based on what we fancied and the cocktails were fab! A little pricey but in that kind of setting you kind of expect to pay a little more.

The roof top bar is definitely worth a stop, the views over the docklands was great and even though it was freezing and we were outside, we had a heat lamp and fresh blankets to keep us toasty.

Next time I'll make sure to visit the spa and the leisure facilities which I didn't get to this time round. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends

Dear LissAustin,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am glad to read that you and your girlfriends had a great weekend.

I must agree with you that the bathrooms are sublime and the bubble bath might be the best way to start a relaxing weekend away.

The rooftop Lounge is indeed amazing even during this cold winter, we do have an inside area and we provide blankets and hot water bottles for the adventurous people that rather have a seat in the outside.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you all back very soon and maybe this time you can experience the fantastic Spa and Wellness Centre.