“Thoroughly modern, great location, just one slight irritation......”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I stayed at the Marker in Dublin so I could attend a conference at Dublin's splendid and vast convention centre which is a short walk away across the lovely Grand Canal. The hotel is very new and it has a modern feel and vibrancy which I found appealing. The staff are welcoming, the rooms are well-appointed and the bed very comfortable. The issue I had was that someone down the corridor had set their alarm for 5.00 am, and it woke me. It then went off again. I didn't expect this - I would have expected a hotel of this apparent standard to have adequate soundproofing on doors/walls. A small irritation in the grand scheme of things. The lobby bar is a great meeting place. I would recommend this hotel - I'm sure I was just unlucky with the alarm issue.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Dear Minnie12359,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and liked the design and facilities through the hotel.

I am sorry to read that the alarm clock sound woke you up; it actually didn’t belong to us as we do all of our wakeup call manually, meaning, we call our guest by phone or by going to the room.

On behalf of my team and I, I thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,699)

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed in The Marker Hotel this weekend as we're going to the Ireland v Samoa rugby match. The hotel is superb, great service from friendly, professional staff and such stylish , modern decor. The rooftop bar, with views all over Dublin and the bay is wonderful and they give you blankets to ward off the chill if you opt to sit outside. We were there for early evening drinks. The final, lovely touch was 2 bottles of water placed in the car for our journey home by the valet parking service.

Dear Christine C,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your break with us and I that the right team won the match.

It is good to read that you liked the little touches like the bottled water for your journey home and the blankets that we provide for the chilly nights ahead on the Rooftop Lounge.

I thank you again for having stayed with us and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

My husband and I have just spent the weekend here - what a fantastic hotel!! The room was wonderful, bathroom big (with heated floor!), turndown service and the best hotel bed I have EVER slept in! Staff were brilliant, food was fabulous (bar food and taster bites in the rooftop bar), the rooftop bar was a wonderful addition. The spa?....lovely, pool at perfect temperature. I loved every second of staying here, and I cant wait to go back!

1  Thank MelanieNic
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear MelanieNic,

Thank you for reviewing The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy all of the hotel facilities including the popular Rooftop Lounge and the Spa with its lovely pool, sauna and steam room.

On behalf of the team and I, i thank you for having chosen The Marker Hotel for your trip to Dublin and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed November 9, 2013

The Marker was a bit of a surprise. Somehow this hotel has managed to take the service standards associated with Asia Pacific properties, and deliver them in Dublin.

On checking in, my split stay was combined so that I did not have to check out - I'd had to extend by a night and done that online.

The room was well furnished, had good tea and coffee, a wifi dedicated to the room (that was fast and free) and I could link my iPad to the TV over wifi without an apple TV.

The bed was comfortable, and the bathroom spacious and well equipped.

There was a turn down service each night, and when I did leave some clothes out I found them hung in my wardrobe. Laundry was fast and efficient.

The breakfasts were self-service buffet and excellent. So good I broke my rule about not having a full cooked breakfast each morning.

The bar service was good, the drinks well made and served with nibbles.

You do pay for this, but the Marker made every Euro feel well spent. I'd have no issue recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: I think that they are all good, I heard no complaints from my colleagues during the trip.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Andrew P,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its facilities; We always heard good comments regarding all the amenities that all the rooms have to offer, specially the IPod charger and the Free Wi-Fi through the hotel.

I agree with you that the drinks both on the Rooftop Lounge and the Bar are to die for and even if you don’t see your favourite drink on the menu, our expert mixologist would happy make it for you.

I thank you again for taking the time to post a review and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the marker in october/november 2013.

The hotel was very clean and brand new, staff was very friendly and responded to our request in a timely manner.

The room we stayed in was also clean and had internet TV + free wifi.

The only downside for this hotel is its breakfast, for the amount of money they charge, they should offer a much wider variety.

Dear JoCedaro,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our Team looked after you.

I am concerned to know that the breakfast wasn’t up to your expectations, I am listing my email details if you wish to contact me directly to let me know your feedback as I would be happy to pass your comments to our Executive Chef, he is always looking to improve the menu that we offer to our guests and loves to get feedback directly from them.

I thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

lili.torres@themarker.ie

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent hotel, clean, modern and walking distance from the Convention Center, right on the Grand Canal and the theater. I did not use the gym but my friends did and were very impressed with it overall. The staff was super courteous, helpful and friendly. The room was excellent!
The hotel is about 15 minutes walk to city center, or 7 euros if taking a Taxi.
Breakfast buffet, bar, business center, everything was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Anelizps,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am thrilled to read that you and your friends had a great time with us.

As you mentioned, we are ideally located near the Convention Centre and right beside the theatre where they are always showing great Plays and musicals.

I thank you again for your lovely review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Great location in Dublin city centre, we had a deluxe king room with a great view overlooking the canal and theatre. Staff were extremely helpful from the moment we arrived right until we checked out. Really enjoyed the facilities, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi. Would have no hesitation recommending the hotel and already looking forward to our next stay there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

DannyG01,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read your lovely recommendation and that you got the opportunity to enjoy all the different areas that The Marker has to offer like the Spa & Wellness Centre.

I thank you again and I also look forward to welcoming you back very soon.