“Can't Wait To Go Back ....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Can't Wait To Go Back ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We, husband and I, have stayed in hotels in NYC, Prague, London, Amsterdam, France etc - this hotel is THE best EVER!
It can't be faulted.
Lovely, friendly, helpful staff.
Fantastic surroundings. Brilliant facilities. Great food.... And oh,
the rooms......
I never sleep well in hotels. Never, ever - I'm like the princess and the pea!
The beds in The Marker are incredible.
Imagine the most comfortable thing you could ever think of - THAT'S what the beds are like!
The bathroom, well, I could have taken it home - it was the height of supreme luxury - and oh SO clean (which does make a difference!)
A joy to stay in, highly recommended, the ONLY thing is, it's spoilt us for anything else now It's set the standard!
We will definitely be booking again, for a longer stay next time?
We only stayed for one night, (Billy Joel in the O2, which was EXCELLENT!!!) and The Marker made for the PERFECT stay in Dublin.
ps. Not forgetting the rooftop bar - Cheers!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear AnnBT24,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to know that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and I hope you consider us from now on “your home away from home”.

We do get indeed comments all the time regarding the bed and its linen, guest usually ask us for the brand of the mattress as they want to get one for their own homes!

I am glad you enjoyed the concert and yes, we are the perfect venue to start and finish a concert in Dublin, including a drink (or two!) on the Rooftop Lounge.

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you both back very soon.

Warm Regards

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

You just get to love the different ceiling and the big glass sections in the lobby and restaurant. This modern hotel is newly built and still very clean and fresh everywhere you look. The hotel bar is quite nice and if you're lucky (as we were) you get to meet Bono himself chilling with his friends. The room was nice in every way, looking gorgeous and feeling fresh. The only small "disappointment" is the breakfast. Even though it was good, it could have been even better, trying to meet the same high standard in everything else in the hotel. You are ten minutes from RDS and fifteen minutes from Temple Bar, by walking. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear ElieMesso,

Thank you for posting a review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you even spotted a celebrity, we are indeed “the Place to be” and to have a drink while you relax and our highly trained and professional team will look after the rest.

I would be very grateful if you could contact me directly as I would be very interested to know what we were lacking at Breakfast so then we can make it perfect, as the rest of the hotel.

I thank you again for your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Guest relations Manager
lili.torres@themarker.ie
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed for a weekend. The hotel is a little bit out of the action of Dublin, about a 20 minute walk from Temple Bar. Which was fine for us as we were wanting to walk around the city and see it for ourselves. A taxi is quite expensive and they seem to charge a €3 fee to pick you up at the hotel.

The hotel is new and very nice. The rooms are a good size, not the biggest 5* rooms I've ever stayed in, but they are very nice. The bathrooms are beautiful and have very good fixtures and fittings.

The bed was big and very comfortable, the hotel was perfectly quiet and we had a great nights sleep.

The pool area is beautiful as well.

The only complaint I would have is the roof top bar. We were told it was full and asked to wait. That was fine, except other people who approached the lift up to the bar were shown straight up with no wait at all. I asked could we go up and again the lady said there was a big queue, yet a group of 6 women entered the hotel minutes later and were shown straight up. Perhaps our faces didn't fit, I've no idea!

Apart from the lady on the door of the roof top bar the hotel was great.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Ctron1,

Thank you for reviewing the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

While I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the décor and facilities, I am concerned about your experience on The Rooftop Lounge;

First of all, as a guest of the hotel you do have preference in accessing the Rooftop; unfortunately due to busy periods, the weather and other factors, sometimes we are forced to introduce a waiting list, meaning that when all the tables are full, our hostess will start taking names and number of guests so she can call them straight back after a table becomes available; the people that you saw going up before you were probably on the waiting list already and they came back after receiving a call from our team.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future and please do let me know directly as It would be my privilege to look after you.

Antwerp
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

The hotel was immaculate throughout. It has a great location on the Grand Canal near the theatre.
Very courteous and helpful staff. We have had a very warm welcome of the members of the frontoffice. Also the members of the houskeeping do there job in a perfect way;
The room was excellent. The bathroom was modern and spacious with exclusive products. The rooftop was amazing. It was really a pleasure to swim in the large swimmingpool. We give the hotel a very good value for the breakfast for the quality of food and again for the service.
There is nothing negative at all and we shall definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Ann R,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that our Team took a good care of you and you got the opportunity of enjoy the full facilities that The Marker has to offer.

On behalf of the Team and I, we thank you for having chosen The Marker for your visit to Dublin.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards

Northern Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately only visited for one night as we were going to the Billy Joel concert in the nearby O2. Design and style of this hotel is extremely modern and sharp. Everything on ground floor is open plan giving a great atmosphere. Loved our room - superior double. Bedroom and bathroom had fixtures and fittings of the highest quality. An excellent nights sleep in an extremely comfortable bed.
Rooftop bar was fantastic and we visited before and after the concert ! As it's November we had a seat under the heaters but were also provided with blankets.
All staff were excellent and training standards were very high.
So glad to have found something that little bit different - our new 'favourite' I think! Keep up the good work - please!! Be back soon!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 577Nicola,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoying your visit and got the opportunity to visit the Rooftop Lounge; even on a cold evening it is the place to be and beside having heaters, we are providing blankets and we will start offering hot water bottles very soon too.

I thank you for having chosen The Marker hotel and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

A big big thank you to Unni, Garav, Clara and Adam. We arrived at the hotel at the end of May 2013 and learnt that it had been only open a few weeks and the swimming pool was not open due to maintenance. We were very disappointed but the above staff looked after us arranged alternative swimming facilities and complimentary meal. The service at meal times were impeccable and Adam remembered our particular orders each time we visited the restaurant. Our room was bright, clean and contemporary. We were notified as soon as the pool was available for use and it was one of the nicest layouts that we have experienced. Clara was very friendly and welcoming to the spa. Unni and Garav we are greatful for the hospitality that you showed us and you went over and beyond to ensure that the hotel met our expectations. We will definitely stay with you again and have recommended the hotel to friends. Mr and Mrs Owen

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor with a view of the bord gais theatre
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Shar0n2010,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I have passed your comment to the rest of the team and I am delighted to know that they looked after you and found suitable options for you to enjoy your stay. I am confident to say that the next time you come to visit us, you will experience first-hand all the changes that we have made and I am proud to say that you will be staying in one of the best hotels in Dublin.

I thank you again for your review and look forward to welcoming you back very soon

Kind regards

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The hotel is situated close to the business and cultural centre of Dublin making it ideal for business travellers. I stayed in this hotel for one night.

The check-in was somehow a bit convoluted as the person who helped me was also engaged with a different guest at the same time and I was then transferred to another person. In general staff seemed a bit unorganised which one would not expect from a Leading Hotel.

The room was of a good size with a large bed and some rather funky chairs. Overall a comfortable room if it had not been for the air con. It seemed to be either too cold or stuffy in the room which was not pleasant. A real highlight is the bathroom which is fairly large and beautifully appointed. Bathrobes and slippers are provided.

I had breakfast and dinner in the hotel both were fine but not outstanding. I did not have time to check out the roof top bar or the pool.

Overall, you will have a pleasant stay there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Travelingbiz,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us but I have addressed the issues highlighted on your comments with the appropriate departments; I do agree that a receptionist must have your undivided attention and I apologise as this was not the case.

We are also constantly changing and/or adding new items or dishes to our menus throughout all the hotel and ours chef are always happy to modify dishes according to your taste or dietary requirements.

I thank you again for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.