“Superb hotel in a great location!”
Review of The Marker Hotel

The Marker Hotel
Ranked #2 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I stayed here on a recent Sunday. While I went to a match in Croke Park, my partner enjoyed a relaxing day in the hotel. This hotel is located in a very upcoming, trendy part of Dublin and there a lovely vibe around. Lots of great restaurants and bars about and lovely views of the water and the city. The room was beautifully appointed and large, everything very shiny and new as it is only recently opened. Bed was extremely comfortable, fluffy bathrobes and slippers and a fridge with a mini-bar and space for extras. I returned early evening and we went for a few drinks and food in the locality. The hotel seems expensive but we got a great deal on trivago. Spa and pool looked amazing. I would definitely recommend and return. Service excellent. The only negative as parking at €30 overnight and car park is oddly located and hard to find.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear MarkW413,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and you both went up to The Rooftop Lounge and enjoy a drink there (even if the weather wasnt the best).

I am sorry that you weren’t informed about the Valet Car Park service that we offer. It must be prebooked and it costs €20 overnight; once you pull by the main entrance, our concierge will take your bags and park the car for you.

We hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back very soon to The Marker Hotel

There are newer reviews for The Marker Hotel

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I hosted a client drinks reception in a suite on the 6th floor to coincide with the Dublin Flightfest. The management and staff were extremely professional and the service was excellent. The hotel itself is impeccable and the rooms are spacious and stylish. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jamie H,

Thank you very much for you lovely review of The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you and your guests had a great time with us; I am confident on saying that you probably had one of the best spots In Dublin to experience the FlightFest without the weather being of any concern to you at all.

On behalf of my team and myself, we look forward to welcoming you back to The Marker Hotel very soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at The Marker in Dublin. It is fantastic. Very modern and fresh; the lobby is huge and the bar is basically in the lobby which gives the place a great atmosphere. We had a super king bed, beautiful marble bathroom (with large shower and a separate bath - water pressure was great!). The rooms are quiet and dark. The staff are great - we had our 9-month old daughter with us and people could not have been more helpful including finding a lost toy for us.I have read a couple of reviews on here from the same weekend we stayed at the hotel and I can't understand where they are coming from. Breakfast was excellent - there's a beautifually presented cold and hot buffet with lovely Irish meats, puddings and potato scones, great fruit, cheeses, juices etc etc and an a la carte menu - we ordered off both and all food was good. I'd struggle to fault the place. The roof top bar was closed one evening for a private function but thats understandable - this place is a desireable 'go to' venue for Dubliners too (I am from there) - its by far the trendiest and most interesting spot in Dublin at the moment. The spa is gorgeous!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TaraLovesTravel

Dear TaraLovesTravel,

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our team made you and your family feel right at home.

You are correct on saying that the Rooftop Lounge is the “place to be” at the moment (rain or shine!) and we always advertise the opening hours on our website to avoid any disappointment

I do hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Marker Hotel and the next time make sure to go up to The Rooftop!

Warmest regards

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was so excited to stay in the newest most modern hotel in Dublin. I had goggled the hotel and the roof top bar looked amazing as did the rest of the hotel, well that's where the fantasy ended and I won't say nightmare began but it was close. Arrived to hotel early and our rooms (3) were ready yahoo you say, as did we but the porter wasn't as happy to see us he suggested we (7 of us) put our bags in 1 room.... No2 went down for drink in lobby bar and sorry no table available ( roof top bar closed for private function), so sat in lobby for about 15 min waiting for table and no one came near us. Next morning all was forgiven as we spent a wonderful night in another 5 star hotel and arrived for breakfast which I kid you not consisted of muesli, natural yogurt, melon and scrambled egg oh sorry forgot the uncooked rashers. When we complained, staff member said we are so sorry kitchen is manic. Complained to anyone who would listen and all apologised but that was it. If you are going to Dublin there are plenty of amazing hotels you can stay in, avoid The Marker.

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank Sammia1
Charlie_Sheil, Guest Relations Manager at The Marker Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Sammia1,

Thank you for reviewing The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I have sent you a private message regarding your recent experience here at The Marker Hotel.

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Had two lovely nights at the Marker.
We visited the roof top bar and it really has spectacular views and a great atmosphere. It was a bit chilly but they provide lovely blankets to take the chill off. Cocktails seem expensive till you taste them and realise they are very strong.
Used the spa and that's top class.
It was Steves birthday and we got a nice upgrade and a lovely cake from the management.
All the staff are very efficient and there's plenty off them.
Only bad thing we noticed was Sunday breakfast. We arrived at 9 and were well looked after, but we noticed lots of others arrive later and it looked like the staff were struggling to keep up.
We will definitely return

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear SteveKathyVithell,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a great time.

The team and I are only too delighted to do something special to celebrate your husband’s birthday.

I hope we get the opportunity to welcoming you both back again (perhaps for another special occasion?).

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I never say this... but yes I have stayed in plenty 5 star hotel around the world.... but I have also stayed in plenty 3 & 4 star. This hotel takes the all time prize for a complete shambles at breakfast.
Cutting a long & abysmal story short, at 9:45 we arrived for breakfast we 'hailed' for coffee, I ordered from the menu & waited 40mins for a toasted bagel. My friends (on another table who arrived at 9:30)waited 40 mins for poached eggs. My friends who went to the hot buffet got scrambled eggs. Everything else was empty. Cold buffet had 3 croissants, yoghurt & melon. Pastries were not replenished.Meats & cheese were empty apart from about 5 pieces of salami. Cheese was replenished but looked to be just about 12 chunks of hard cheese, no selection. The queue of people for irish breakfast applauded when a plate of sausages arrived to the hot plate. All items of a full breakfast were not available at any point in time.
It was an operational disaster & such a shambles could not be a once off.
Incidentally this all takes place in an extension of the lobby which is like a cafe.
The bar is an extension of the lobby at the other side & on the previous evening at 6:30 we couldn't get a seat for a drink there. This happens, but when 3 'attendants' asked us if they could help yet no results.
Rooms are fine, clean, short beds & small black bathroom was not attractive.
Location is next to Grand Canal theatre, €15 taxi from Train station, near business district so therefore nothing happening in the evening. The theatre does not mean there is a bustling night life.
The other 5 stars in Dublin are really under no threat from this hotel. We were in 2 other five stars during our trip to Dublin & there is no comparison.
Modern architecture... yes fine, minimalist hotel yes... but no attractive features. Mediocre seating at reception area. All in all the breakfast left a very bad taste... or little of no taste in our mouths!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a white bathroom. Black bathrooms are dark. Ours was v. small but sizes may vary for both t...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank AnnPLouise

Dear AnnPLouise,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We have taken all your feedback on board and I have also sent you a private message regarding your recent experience with us.

Warm Regards

Reviewed September 15, 2013

A group of us stayed for a friends 40th last night and we all left pretty disappointed. The roof terrace was closed for a private event - it felt a bit like being invited to stay in someones house and being told that you couldn't join the party going on in the next room. Apparently this is pretty common and yes its a disclaimer on the site that it is not always available - so why then use it in practically every photo to market the hotel when the likelihood is that your residents won't get to use it? 2 of us went for a drink after we arrived and we couldn't find a seat so ended up outside (a server offered that we could join some people at a communal table either) Very little seating available for the size of hotel (when the roof terrace not available). The breakfast rate is €15 if you pre book, €19.50 on the morning or €24 for room service - our room didn't eat there but the others did and it was farcical. Felt sorry for the staff as they were busy dealing with customer complaints either side of us. Disappointed that all we were offered was an apology and a complimentary upgrade the next time we stay - we won't be taking them up on that ;)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank EmmaJaneTrain

Dear EmmaJaneTrain,

Thank you for reviewing The Marker Hotel on TripAdvisor.

I have taken the liberty to send you a private message.