“Love it!”

J2 grill & Sushi bar
Ranked #285 of 2,545 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin, Ireland
“Love it!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been in this place already 4 or 5 times and once takeaway. Every time I have enjoyed
the food that is extremly fresh,really good and well served.I'm use to finish the dinner with the green tea cheese cake that is just to try!!The place has a great view on the Liffey and also the possibility to eat outside.

• Visited September 2013

London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Asian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

We were able to sit outside on a hot day to eat some lovely bento box type food. Much tastier than the ones we had in Japan! Try the sweetcorn ice-cream!

Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Best Sushi in Dublin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Dublin is my hometown and as a lover of sushi, I've always felt a good sushi restaurant was missing. However with the discovery of this little gem, I can happily say I no longer think that.
This cute restaurant has a great location with lovely views of the River Liffey and friendly and welcoming staff. The Sushi is divine - thick fillings wrapped in thin rice. Mouthwateringly good.
Their miso and edamame is also great and for those who might not be adventurous enough for Sushi, they also have some steak and burgers on the menu.

• Visited August 2013
Devon, United Kingdom
“Super friendly and attentive staff, great location, great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

I felt lucky to live 2 minutes walk away from J2 during my 7-month stay in Dublin. The restaurant itself is in a great spot - right on the bank of the Liffey, with aesthetically pleasing views out across the river, the Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship and the modern developments on the south side. The interior is pleasant and contemporary in its decor, with lots of natural light from the floor-to-ceiling windows. It's basically a glass cube; it is a fairly small building, but it doesn't feel claustrophobic or cramped.

The staff are very friendly and attentive, some of the nicest I've ever had the pleasure of being served by. We visited J2 on a weekly basis and quickly became regulars! They recognised us and remembered our specific dietary requirements (my wife and I are vegan), which is always a massive plus in my book.

The food was always very fresh and tasty. My personal favourites were the vegetable tempura and avocado rolls, but everything I had there was of a very high standard.

I thoroughly enjoyed the food and general ambience of J2 and it's one of the things I will definitely miss about Dublin. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a place for a bite to eat at lunchtime or an evening meal in the vicinity of the IFSC.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Harry D
“Great steaks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This place is across our apartment and we keep on going there. The food and value is great, specially their steaks... Their ribeye is superb.

Visited August 2013