“petit Parisien”

Le Petit Parisien
Ranked #19 of 57 Dessert in Dublin
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Le Petit Parisien was born out of our genuine love for French fare. The bakery, the patisserie and the unique culture that is the French coffee shops of 1920s Paris. What we set out to create is a slice of Paris life, a warm corner of aromatic France in the heart of Dublin. Our Irish team of bakers and chefs, using state-of-the-art equipment with the best of traditional know-how and the finest quality ingredients, we believe, we’ll delight our customers with an authentic serving of France. We offer the choice to eat in or take out, So whether it’s breakfast, lunch or an evening treat fresh from our bakery, we want our customers to be seduced by our food and romanced by our environment. However, even though our organisation is genuinely a microcosm of the world, the welcome awaiting is truly Irish. We have two locations: 17 Wicklow Street, Dublin 2, and the Top Floor, Powerscourt Townhouse Centre, South William Street, Dublin 2. Come say Bonjour !
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our party of nine had a late beakfast. We ordered numerous items from the menu. I had the full Irish breakfast. It was excellent and very filling. All of the items that the rest of the party ordered were equally good. The items were moderately priced.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Near Grafton Street - friendly café, if a bit cramped. Very good salad, and decent coffee. Lots of lovely French style patisserie as well if you want to indulge.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The space is cosy, the chatter and atmosphere is inviting and the food is good. The pastries not only look delicious they taste delicious too. My quibble is with one waiter, they (on both visits - months apart), were rude and abrupt. Our food was slammed on the table, our drinks order mixed up and they were more interested in their friends conversation than the customers. On paying I asked if I could photograph the delicacies in the glass fronted unit, and they replied that I could, then said the owner wouldn't like it, but that the waiter themselves "don't care what you do". They then plastered on a fake smile and said, grudgingly, thank you for our custom. Good food but awful service from one staff member.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This Cafe was next to our hotel therefore you couldn't walk past and not be tempted by the wonderful selection of eye catching cakes and tarts in the window. Once tempted through the door you are welcomed by friendly staff and lovely atmosphere. We sat in the window seats which was lovely to watch the world go by. I had the cheese and ham baguette which unfortunately was a little crunchy but still very tasty. I then had a rubarb crumble tart which was exceptional. I was disappointed that I wasn't in Dublin for longer as I think I would have visited every day to taste the various cakes available.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

a little bit of Paris in Dublin City, love the ambience, love the decor that is so old style french and even the outside just says "come on inside"