“Superb Irish food”

The Vintage Kitchen
Ranked #3 of 2,543 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Irish, European, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Superb Irish food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Had a superb meal here last night, our only complaint was that we had no room left for desert. Next time we will starve ourselves before coming, absolutely fantastic food

1 Thank Gerry W

Vienna, Austria
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

Absolutely fantastic food, good value and very friendly service - might not look like much from the outside, but soooo worth the visit!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank ml0602
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Irish cooking in unfussy surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Excellent modern Irish food, delicious chowders, seafood and organic Irish meats and as a bonus you can bring your own bottle of wine, there’s no corkage charge. Unfussy and reasonably priced, head here if you want to experience genuine Irish cooking and avoid the fake tourist fare they’re pedaling in Temple Bar.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank franjapan
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Lively dining with a creative twist on hearty Irish food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

We arrived on a Friday evening to fully booked restaurant without reservation (I underestimated how popular this place is) but the manager told us to go for a pint next door and in 20 mins he came looking for us with a nice table down the back due to a cancellation. We could hold onto our beers and were recommended to get a bottle on wine from local off-license as they have a very relaxed BYOW policy. The haddock and chorizo chowder I had for starters was the best chowder Ive ever tasted and not small in portion either. My partner the lamb's liver which was delicious. For mains, I had a small poussin with potatoes and feta cheese salad. It was very tasty but I couldnt help but feel I enjoyed my starters a bit more. My partner had the hake with cockles in a sumptuously spicy basil sauce with a side of caviar which was very interesting. We were literally stuffed come the end so we passed on dessert. The open kitchen and close proximity to other patrons only added to the ambiance and we thoroughly enjoyed the relatively cheap dining experience, cant wait to come back!

1 Thank Mark M
“Really really good food, and great front of house man.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

It was tough to get a table but finally had a meal here on Friday. The food was excellent,however it could perhaps be tweaked as felt lamb shank was a bit wintery for the time of year, but I'm being picky. The food was excellent, flavours and presentation both.
It is great that they have a BYOB policy, which is refreshing for Dublin and is something I wish was embraced more. I hate being fleeced in to buying sub-standard wines in Irish restaurants.
All in all in can't recommend this place highly enough.

1 Thank Endecot