“Always a favourite”

Ranked #734 of 2,639 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Port House is part of a partnership with the Porterhouse Group. They opened their first successful Tapas restaurant in South William Street in 2006, and this was followed by a second in Eustace Street in Temple Bar. They offer a unique and relaxing dining experience for their customers. Signature dishes include gambas al pil pil (seared prawns with garlic chilli and white wine), Basque Pintxos and chorizo al vino from Rioja. They also feature an extensive range of fine wines, ports and Sherries from the Iberian Peninsula, including , Ibéricos, the only Rioja produced by Torres which is one of the main pouring wines here.
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Firstly it's not a tapas bar, it's a restaurant that serves small portions in the style of a tapa. However, make no mistake, the food is delicious and they have an excellent wine selection. The service can be a little slow but it is a very busy establishment at all times. Some particular favourites are the patatas bravas, albondigas, morcilla, chorizo and aubergine tempura. Excellent value for money too. Give it a try.

2  Thank listenshh
There are newer reviews for The Port House Ibericos

Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Dined here about 3 or 4 times in the last year. Food is tasty & quite reasonably priced. Beer was served in a teapot. My partner didn't like this strange way of serving beer! As I've been quite impressed with the food & atmosphere I was considering holding my 30th birthday of about 20 people here but I left a message with staff to call me and I also rang but no one ever got back to me so booked elsewhere. That was last year so hopefully things have changed on that regard. Saying that, if I was looking for tapas I would probably return

1  Thank ManagementSC
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Went for dinner last Sunday to The Port House and the first thing I can say about this place is that it has the most uncomfortable seats I have ever encountered and because of this I could never return. There was five of us so we were seated in one of their booths but the place was far too small for five people so one of us got another seat and put it at the end of the table. These are very hard chairs that either need some sort of padding or cushions. We all had various tapas and apart from one blue cheese one we all enjoyed the food, we had two jugs of Sangria and one bottle of wine and the bill came to just over 200 euro which was a fair enough price. I have been to the Port House in the City Centre numerous times and absolutely love the place and thought the Dundrum restaurant would be the same, but not so.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Particular place, like Roman Catacomb, spanish tapas well done, no problems with fish either paellas... Particular. Buzz buzz but somethines is really like to hear it. Good stop in Dublin

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I was really looking forward to visiting this place as I had heard such great reports.
I had booked a table as we were a group of 12 for a work leaving party. (They'll take a booking for 10 people plus).
I found the staff very pleasant, the atmosphere great, very buzzy, loved the candlelit decor.
I hate to say what I found most disappointing was the food! I had scallops (€9). Rubbery and tasted of burnt garlic. Asparagus with alioli (fab). Patatas Bravas (€4.95), am convinced the potatoes were frozen and the sauce was out of a bottle. Ferrero Rocher cheesecake was tiny portion, too much gelatine & a let down. Wine was great.
Loved the restaurant, hated the food. An awful shame.