“Spanish Doughnuts!!”

Ranked #750 of 2,665 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Port House is part of a partnership with the Porterhouse Group. They opened their first successful Tapas restaurant in South William Street in 2006, and this was followed by a second in Eustace Street in Temple Bar. They offer a unique and relaxing dining experience for their customers. Signature dishes include gambas al pil pil (seared prawns with garlic chilli and white wine), Basque Pintxos and chorizo al vino from Rioja. They also feature an extensive range of fine wines, ports and Sherries from the Iberian Peninsula, including , Ibéricos, the only Rioja produced by Torres which is one of the main pouring wines here.
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my boyfriend recently. Loads of eateries to choose from in Dundrum but we settled here as it looked really quaint - dimly lit, nice ambiance.
We weren't disappointed. We ordered a selection of six dishes between us to share - one word,delicious !
Wine was lovely, staff were delightful - very attentive. The dessert menu was amazing!!! So much to choose from! The Spanish Doughnuts were like little rings of heavan served with chocolate dipping sauce!
All in all, we had a very positive experience. Great menu, good value & excellent service!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I have frequented this Port House restaurant Dundrum on many occasions. It never disappoints me. I adore their Goats Cheese and spinach salad with Almonds, Chicken Skewers, Prawn Pil Pil. The house wine is very palatable and very affordable. The experience is always one of courteous and obliging staff. They have a fabulous outdoor area with blow heaters winter or summer - very snug.
I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough. Well worth a visit. Best of all very light on your wallet. !

1  Thank Lisa966
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We eat here as a family regularly and have also enjoyed many nights with both large and small groups of friends. The service is consistently excellent as is the food. The staff are very good with children and cater for them very well with the menu. There is a manager, (French I think) who couldn't be more helpful and recognises his regular customers. I look forward to dining there very soon again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Took My Man last night for his Bday dinner out... we were seated quite quick, red vino was good...but then came the food...and to be honest we just did not feel the love...so greasy, deep fried everything, which smelled like being cooked in the old oil...and as my man said everything tasted the same....we are huge fans of Tapas, whenever we are in Spain that is a must activity, but I guess it is difficult to find a good authentic Tapas cooked on Foreign grounds.....few years ago the quality of the food was better, now I it has changed, but not in the good way.. definitely no-no from me...

1  Thank RenMazule
Reviewed May 24, 2013

With over sixty tapas to choose from you will find it difficult not to be greedy. Each tapa is a generous portion , more like a starter. We had Calamares, Morcilla Paella Pollo and Pisto Manchego. Tasty and satisfying. My companion had a glass of Norte. The total came to 27.60 excluding tip.
As we were going to the cinema we were in the restaurant about 5pm. It was not busy. My companion had to ask the manager to check the ladies toilet which she described to be in a disgusting state.
We had to go looking for staff to get the bill as there was nobody on the floor.