“Great food, service and price”
Review of Vagya Restaurant

Vagya Restaurant
Ranked #846 of 2,772 Restaurants in Dublin
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The word "Vagya" means luck in Nepalese and here in Vagya we feel very lucky to offer you a dining experience that incorporates excellent food and attentive service. We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge from our diverse experience in distinguished restaurants around the world. Vagya has brought our team together and brought us to you. Our mission is to provide our customers with the finest food and the best quality service in such a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere that they will always want to return. We aim to offer gourmet Nepalese and Indian cuisine at very affordable prices. Freshness is our main priority; carcinogenic food colourings, frozen meat and food are strictly forbidden in our food preparation. Our meat and poultry are 100% Irish and our suppliers are HACCP compliant for full traceability. Our foods are cooked using the finest of spices and flavourings. In traditional Nepalese cuisine we only use spices and fresh chillies to add flavour to a dish. Our meals therefore offer a healthier alternative to some other ethnic cuisines that use flavoured oils and food coloring additives to enhance the dish.
Reviewed May 6, 2014

this restaurant has a lovely warm, friendly and local athmosphere. The staff are attentive and polite and the food is fantastic. the menu offers a range of tradition nepalese and indian food and he presentation was simple and effective. The food is just excellent and definitely one of the best of its kind in the Dublin area.

Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

We have been eating in Vagya regularly since it opened in 2012. The food and service here are excellent. It is as good a Nepalese restaurant as you will get.
Recent reviews have been critical of the toilets and location which is above the Sunnybank Hotel. Certainly these are not five star but the restaurant, staff, service and food are top quality and priced very reasonably. A two course dinner for two with a bottle of wine is excellent value at €50.
Don't be put off. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

I ate here with my family in late March 2014 and the curry was just shockingly bad.

The atmosphere was good and the staff friendly. Good star€ter but the main course for both myself and my spouse (we had the same) was just shocking. I like cooking curries and if I made this myself I would throw it in the bin. If I had it as someone else's house I would eat is out of politeness. To say it was bland would be a massive understatement.

Other irksome point is that the corkage for BYO beer was very high. It was €8.50 on a €50 bill. In their favour they did say that they only did BYO with wine and not beer. I shall not be returning and I told them this. Unlikely to be open much longer if they serve gulp like I got.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

We got take away here recently "just to see" and were really amazed by the quality of the food, something we never expected when driving past the place... The food is really good, good selection and the nan is excellent. We usually order and pick up and it's easily my favourite take away in the area. Good value too.

I was there recently with a group of friends and food was good, staff very nice but the experience was ruined by being rained on - tap left running in room above. We thought the roof was going to fall in but thankfully it didn't and all was ok. But the staff really didn't deal with it well. We were a group of 7 and after we had got the bill and were about to leave, they offered us a drink on the house - too late and there were 2 pregnant women among us. We had 1 bottle of wine so the least they could have done is take that off. Pity as it meant we all left on a low point, and most people had been impressed with the food having never eaten there before...

It won't put me off the take-away though!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I ate with two friends at Vagya on Saturday and I thought the restaurant and its staff were lovely. Welcoming and appealing. My food was also good but the experience went downhill when I left the room to go to the bathroom (which technically is in the hotel next door). I found myself in a dirty hallway and suffice to say the toilets were no better. A man on his phone pointed me in the direction of the bathroom and the same man jumped at me shouting aaagh! as I exited the filthy toilets.The ceiling in the toilets was bowed and dirty and everything in the room was neglected and disgusting. Had I seen the bathrooms first I would not have eaten in Vagyu which is such a pity. I can't understand how health and safety allow Vagyu to trade using these awful toilet facilities. The clientele and facilities of the hotel next door do nothing but damage to Vagyu as far as I'm concerned. I won't be back.