“Not to be missed”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Spain meets indian savoury dishes in this tapas style restaurant in the heart of Dublin. But if the original indian dhabas were mainly for roadside travellers, this is anything but. The menu is so deconstructed that one information step further and the chef would be giving away all his secrets. But the level of descriptive detail only served to whet the appetite - and it was not disappointed. This was the most original indian meal I have ever eaten and what a kaleidoscope of gustatory delight! Construct your own meal out of small and large dishes which will arrive just as they are ready. Perfect ambiance for uninterrupted conversation. No formality, friendly, helpful and attentive service. Excellent value. I'll be back very soon. Advise book early: the place was full.

1 Thank Ray F

Ireland
“Amazing indian restaurant”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I ate here last night having being recommended by a few of my Indian friends and this place did not disappoint. Great ambience. Very much liked the open planned restaurant, the chef's table and the private dining experience that they are trying to correct. Great cocktails but my favourite were the really delicious starters they were delicious...one of the best I tried.The SEV BATATA POORI, spiced okra, and the Gol Gappa and PHAMOUS BAMBAIYYA BHEL were amazing!! I ordered seconds of all these!! Very authentic indian food...it really was explosion of all different tastes...an excellent new indian restaurant has come to the scene!

1 Thank Rochelle74
Dublin
“Fabulous food, overbearing waiter”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Ate here last nite, sat in one of the really lovely booths on the side of the restaurant.

The good:
Very very tasty food, great variety and something for everyone- excellent vegetarian options. Lovely setting, the room is infinitely nicer than it was when it was 'Venu'.

The bad:
Very overbeating waiter. Pushy and annoying. Was insisting on ordering for us- then ordered way too many starter tapas. Then insisited on ordering our mains as well, and we had to be very firm with him to get menus to have a look ourselves! He was even pushing a whole seabass on us, despite our insistence that we didnt like seabass (actually we all do like seabass, but at this stage he was just being so annoying we refused the seabass).
This kind of service ethic might work in India but i dont think it will in Dublin, so tread carefully..
Also, there is no bluetooth connection to bring the visa machine to the table- so bear this in mind and bring cash if you can! Quite annoying..

That said, I will go back, we loved the food. Didnt get to taste the cocktails but i hear they are fab!

• Visited February 2013
Ireland
“India's best in Dublin”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

After a second visit to Dhaba I felt the need to write a review. I'm so glad that we have this great place in our city. Firstly, the staff are really genuine, friendly and accomodating and then the food, well that is just fantastic and with really afforable prices to match. Dinner for three there with desserts, coffees and virgin cocktails cost us 85 euro. They offer a really great selection of traditional and modern Indian cuisine and you can choose from small plates or large plates. The best thing to do is to order a few plates and share them so you can try a variety. If there was one comment I would make it is that the music could be better, it would be great if they played Indian music, modern or other wise but the music they play at the moment does not create a great atmosphere.

3 Thank ScreenqueenIreland
Utah
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My friend and I were visiting Dublin and our tour bus driver told us about Indie Dhaba. The first night we went in, the wait time was incredible (a good sign) and we didn't have reservations. Rather than wait, we made reservations for later in our trip.
It was delicious. I love the idea of a tapas bar for Indian food. We ordered the Fig and Goat Cheese Naan, and it was to die for. My prawns were the size of lobsters and were deliciously prepared.
If you're in Dublin and you love Indian food, Indie Dhaba is a must (but make reservations).

3 Thank ciociak