“I'll give it another chance!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Indie Dhaba - CLOSED

Indie Dhaba
Cuisines: Indian, Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dublin
“I'll give it another chance!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

If there was a '3.5' star I would give it to Indie Dhaba as 3 is slightly below what my experience merited...but 4 is too high! I was so excited to try this place as I love the concept of Indian street food / tapas and have eaten in Delhi O'Deli on Moore Street a lot (fabulously authentic and delicious Indian street food but very basic surroundings). Anyway, first of all, the menu is very confusing to work out - the descriptions of the dishes are a little obscure sometimes so you may end up pestering the waiting staff trying to figure out exactly what is on offer. I started with the spiced okra - really delicious and I can imagine it would be perfect with some cold beer. For mains I had the currywurst - described as a spiced Indian chicken sausage. I did not like it at all...it was three small, very dry, spiced sausages with a small noodle-salad type garnish...no sauce at all. I had ordered ''brown onion pulao' rice with this...in my head I think I thought this would be jam-packed with pieces of flavoursome onion but what I got was a very, very dry bowl of rice with a couple of dried onion shavings on top. One of my pet peeves is dry rice (give me sticky Japanese / Korean style rice any day) and this was so dry it was of the 'hard to swallow' variety. The dryness of the rice combined with the dryness of the sausage made for a very sorry affair indeed. On the positive side, because I am a glutton, I had also ordered the Kashmiri naan (mostly described as Peshwari naan in other Indian restaurants in this country)...this was a delight, sweet and moist and very moreish. My friends were similarly mixed in their views of what they ordered but we all said we would try it again and order differently next time. The staff were friendly and it has a nice vibe..they just need to work on the rice!

2 Thank Nury77

Ireland
“Gread addition to the area but where is the lunch special?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely meal here last week with my other half. Very unusal and tasty and the cocktails and decor is fab. Unfortunately when I asked if they did lunch specials like Indie Spice in Naas I was informed that it was the same menu all day. This is a shame as I our office is close by and we have a ten minute walk to our regular Indian. Would recommend this for groups of friends on a night out, looking for tapas type food rather than full meals

1 Thank DublinGal4
San Francisco, California
“Really good food, great cocktails, fun night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Had dinner here recently and we were given the Chef's table so had great view of the Kitchen. The staff in particular are super friendly and Arijith (manager) and his team can't do enough for you. The food is not what you expect from your average Indian Restaurant. It's way more interesting and creative! Best cocktails I've ever tasted -bar none, made by Darren Geraghty who is a top Mixologist. Yuuuummmy can't wait to go back!

• Visited January 2013
“My new favourite dublin spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been in the place 3 times this month, and just can't get enough! The food is full of flavour, cocktails selection is exciting and well paired with the food menu, as opposed to the same old boring cocktail menus you would find in most of Dublin's eateries. The service was friendly and efficient in all three occasions. I have enjoyed a quiet midweek business lunch, a Sunday cure ( smoked Bloody Mary is delicious) and a buzzing Thursday dinner, and would highly recommend a visit to Indie Dhaba

2 Thank Dubdubfoodie
Dublin, Ireland
“Indian Tapas!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

delighted with our lunch in Indie Dhaba on Saturday. Host was very attentive and happy to explain how the restaurant worked and that most dishes were for sharing like a regular Tapas bar. Had tow small plates -tandoori duck and the lamb pie which was like a deliciously spiced Shephards pie. Everything was cooked fresh and the tastes were very different and enjoyable. All the members of staff were wonderful to deal with. Cant wait to go back and explore the interesting menu further.

2 Thank Kerrdoc