“Great Restaurant” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gochi Japanese Bistro - CLOSED

Gochi Japanese Bistro
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian, Fusion
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: At Gochi we offer a distinctive dining experience in a relaxed casual setting. Our goal is to provide just one more reason to smile, laugh, and celebrate as you savor the best ingredients nature has to offer. We feature a wide range of Traditional and Contemporary Japanese dishes that appeal to all the senses, taste, smell and visual artistry. We source locally produced ingredients where possible and create our weekly or daily dishes with seasonal produce. Choose from traditional dishes like Sushi, Sashimi, Salmon or Chicken Teriyaki, Katsu Chicken or Prawn Curry, Tempura or Contemporary dishes like our Rib Eye Steak with Shitake Mushrooms & Fries. Our aim is to create a memorable dining experience for any occasion with our mix of quality service, signature wines, Asian beers, quality coffee and of course our excellent food.Please visit us and enjoy all we have to offer.Take Out Menu also available.
Arklow, Ireland
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I bought a voucher for lunch for 2 starters 2main courses and 2 glass's wine and I was not disappointed.. The food was delicious, and it was fantastic value for money.. I have been raving about this restaurant since.. Looking forward to a return visit when next in Dublin

• Visited August 2013

Scotland
“Empty tables for a reason”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in Dublin for one night, and strolling around on a sunny Saturday lunchtime looking for some food. We were about to try and squeeze on to one of the last remaining outside tables at Carluccios opposite, but saw this place and thought we'd rather try somewhere more independent looking rather than a chain. At 1.30pm on a Saturday, there was not one other customer, but it is on the quiet side of the road and poorly branded / advertised. We took a table outside, and ordered one bento box with chicken Katsu curry, and a hot n sour soup with cha Han rice. I asked if I could choose not to have crabsticks in my bento sushi, to which the waiter asked if this was an allergy or preference, so I said just preference as I really didn't like it. So first our soups arrived, edible but non-descript. As we were about two-thirds through, our mains arrived, and with only a small table these were just left balancing precariously whilst we finished our soup. The bento looked so unappetising, and tasted like a school-dinner attempt. The 'salad' was some greasy bean sprouts with some unpleasant seaweed that tasted old and slimey. The gyoza were grey, greasy and flavourless, I'm assuming some pork mix. The chicken Katsu was soggy, drowned in a weak runny curry sauce with boiled soggy carrots in. The sushi was one piece of tuna roll, and one piece of crabstick roll... An instant "sod you, you'll eat what you are given" from the waiter.... My boyfriend's rice dish was coated in a sweet sticky sauce which was pleasant enough, so we just shared that instead. Had at any point a member of staff asked us how our meal was, we would have been quite honest and told them, but I suspect they knew that so didn't ask about what they didn't want to hear. Expensive and one of the worst meals in a long time. Next time, we'll go to Carluccios.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank soulonthebeach
Dublin, Ireland
“Good food but overprice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Bento is not bad but less food and a bit more expensive.Salad is good ,Salmon is delicious but Sushi is not that good.Bento is not really enough amount for lunch or bunch.It could be more generous.There is just two Sushi on the Bento.So i feel not full after the Bento.

That Bento caused me 10 Euros which is slightly more expensive than other Japanese restaurant which is around 8 or 9.

Service is average not too bad not too good.Atmosphere is good.Also it is not pushy at all.So I would recommend people go here instead of some other Japanese restaurant which is very hard sell or pushy.

I like this restaurant as it has kind of western style not like some Japanese restaurant in Dublin they are owned by Chinese and the waitress are all Chinese they also sell Cantonese Dim Sum.But this Gochi is much better with all the white people instead of Chinese work in the restaurant.

I wouldn't be surprised that there are no real Japanese restaurant in Dublin.But I do not feel disappointed to have lunch here.Even it is a bit expensive I paid 10 Euros for a tiny amount of food.

It is a bit expensive all in all.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Philippa S
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Sashimi & Dumplings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ate at Gochi recently with my daughter on a monsoon like evening with a menu pages voucher allowing € 20 worth of food for €10.
We only booked that afternoon for a 7 O'clock table by the website which was quickly confirmed.
The room has been redone quite recently and there were several tables occupied by a mostly young and hip clientele.
The waitress told us we could have a table outside but rain forced us onside before ordering.
The menu was fairly extensive with about 6 starter options, noodle dishes, sashimi & sushi and the tempura, the prices were reasonable for this part of town.
We ordered chicken dumplings and 2 servings each of 4 pieces of salmon with avocado, California rolls and glasses of house wine, water was brought to our table with no charge.
The food was excellent, light crispy tempura batter dumplings were shared and served with soy and chilli dips and were delicious.
The California rolls and salmon & avocado were equally good and came with a powerful wasabi blob on the side.
I would definitely return to this pleasant eatery and was only slightly disappointed that all the Tuna was sold out as we both fancied one of the Tuna choices.
The staff were very attentive and efficient and we were able to order and eat in time to make it to a show at 8 o'clock having arrived 15 minutes early.

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
“Pleasant experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We tried this restaurant on a Saturday evening using a Groupon voucher. The only exclusion was the sushi but that didn't make a difference to the experience. The food was good, tasty and there was plenty of it. The service was very good and extremely friendly. The wine selection was ok. It's a reasonably small place however it's been laid out well the ensure enough space between diners. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Visited May 2013