“Fabulous flavours”
Review of OCHA Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar - CLOSED

OCHA Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar
Cuisines: Asian, Diner, Japanese
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: OCHA Teppanyaki & Sushi Bar is an authentic Japanese and Thai restaurant offering Sushi and Teppanyaki grill.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Was here for a meal last week with friends. The restaurant itself is lovely with lots of nice wooden furniture and clean lines. The menu was extensive but well laid out and clear. I had a prawn tempura starter which was the lightest and most flavoursome I have ever been served, this was followed by a beautifully flavoured prawn and ginger soup, the freshness of the ingredients really stood out. Finally I had the wok fried prawn dish (you'll have gathered that I like prawns!) which didn't disappoint. Sorry to say I didn't try any sushi but from what I saw being served to others it did look amazing. The service was friendly and efficient, you can see all the food being prepared behind the counter and they also do Teppanyaki cooking but nobody was having it the evening I was there but if it is anything as good as the food that I tasted I'd say it would be well worth trying. This is a new restaurant but the food served is very assured and professional, it deserves to have a big following.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Enjoyed eating here last night. The menu has a great selection. I chose a few small dishes instead of a main dish. The presentation was excellent as was the sushi. My friends raved about their meals and we all have a new favourite place to eat in Dundrum. Will definitely be returning. Staff were friendly and accommodating. My only complaint was that it felt little chilly sitting there so maybe the heating could be regulated a bit better.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Was here for after work food today with a friend. I work close by and had been dying to try it.

The decor is very clean and bright. The service is very attentive and the staff don't miss a beat (even offering to take your coat as you sit down!) I couldn't fault their manners.

I had the vegetable sushi roll to start and the yaki-udon noodle dish as my main. The sushi took a little while to arrive but it was so fresh and tasty. I will definitely get that again. The yaki-udon dish was delicious. It was nicely spicy and the prawns were so meaty and big. I couldn't finish it all unfortunately. The portions are huge! My meal came to €20.50 which isn't cheap but is certainly not expensive considering the freshness, full flavours and the portion sizes.

Can't wait to go back for more and to see what lunch deals they offer!

2  Thank RebConway
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We dropped into Ocha for lunch today for the first time. As it was just after 12 noon the restaurant had just opened and was a bit chilly when we entered, though a gas heater was turned on and the room quickly warmed up. The restaurant has been extensively and tastefully refurbished since it's previous Indian incumbent and features a small teppanyaki table at the rear of the downstairs room. We were brought some warm green tea by one of two very pleasant and engaging waitresses and ordered the lunch Sushi Special and a portion of tuna sashimi to share. The sashimi came with 5 rather than the 4 pieces of fish advertised and was very good tuna - the only fault was that it was too cold - obviously just out of the fridge. We left it for a couple of minutes and it warmed up sufficiently not to freeze the teeth. Fresh and tasty it was served on grated daikan - very good. The sushi specials were equally good - three californian rolls, salmon, sea bass and tuna nigiri sushi, 2 x tempura prawn on coleslaw (!) a vegetable stir-fry and a noodle/bean sprout and beef stir-fry. This was served with a delicious bowl of miso soup. The combination of hot and cold food was great for a cold December day. During the meal our cups were topped up with green tea a number of times by the attentive staff. The total cost for two was €17.95 excluding optional service charge - the green tea is complimentary - nice touch. The only negative points were that the sashimi was a little too cold when served and that we were the only persons in the restaurant during our time there. The food, service and value are excellent and we look forward to returning to sample the a la carte. Hope it does well in 2013.

1  Thank Tablepourdeux